How to make wearables attach to the right points after scale changes in zbrush.

I made big changes to scale etc in zbrush and brought it into daz as a new character morph and ran the adjust rigging to fit tool.  At that point though, when I try to apply genitals/hair/etc, the wearables come in at the wrong points on the model.  How do I make the wearables snap to the right points? 

Comments

• So you are scaling the base figure? Is the morph set to AutoFollow - click the gear icon on its slider and from the menu open Parameter Settings.

• FalcoFalco Posts: 240
    edited March 2019

Yes i'm scaling/adjusting the figure in zbrush, so the scale in daz is 100%.  The morph is set to auto follow.  You can see the hair and eyelashes are still at the default position instead of matching the new character height. I guess I'm still unclear on what the right workflow should be when creating custom characters in zbrush and bringing them in.  If you make these same changes in daz, the wearables fit correctly, but how do you do it when the changes are made in zbrush?

Post edited by Falco on
  • And they are actually fitted? Please post a screen shot of the Parameter Settings dialogue for your morph.

So basically I made many of the changes in Daz, such as scaled to a certain size, adjusted a bunch of the morphs, then sent the mesh to zbrush and refined the shapes there, zeroed everything out in daz and then sent it back in through GoZ so that all the changes were in a clean single morph.  And generally all the hair/eyelashes etc stayed fitted, but once you save the scene an re-open it you lose all the fitting.  I could save individual fbm morphs for some of the attachemnts to match, but the hair for example wouldn't work that way for some reason. 

I'm not clear what the workflow is supposed to be for creating FBMs and having wearable attach to the correct place.

The only erc data in the list is from the "adjust rigging to shape" process.

• Ah, it's after saving. This seems to be an issue with morphs embedded in the scene file, you may find it works if you use File>Save As>Support Assets>Morph Asset.

edited March 2019

Ah, it's after saving. This seems to be an issue with morphs embedded in the scene file, you may find it works if you use File>Save As>Support Assets>Morph Asset.

Well that would work with any wearables I happened to have on the asset while creating it, but what about any new wearables? How do you set it up for example as a product in the store so that it works for any clothing people might want to put on it?  I feel like I'm missing a key part of the process where you set it up so that products attach to roughly the right place.  I know you need to create morphs for the clothing itself so it fits perfectly, but for the hair for example, theres no way it should be attaching that far from the right place.  

Post edited by Falco on
  • Save the morph on the figure as a morph asset and it will then project into fitted items, if the morph is embedded in the scene file then on reloading it won't project at all, at least for some users. Daz is, I believe, aware of the issue but I'm not sure of its status.

Confirmed that immediately saving out the morph as a support asset allows objects to properly fit to it.  Thanks!

That's a dumb bug.