After Effects camera track to Daz Studio camera.

Hi everbody,

I’ve been working on a simple match move thing to get After Effects camera solve data to Daz Studio. I’ve gotten the main data parsing and keyframe matching solved, and i also have the movement solved (with setWSPos()), but i keep hitting my head to the brickwall when it comes to DAZ studios setWSRot(). 

Not being a familiar with 3d programming in general, i have trouble of figuring out how to go about doing the proper rotation values for the camera, and also, how about doing the focal length solving.

Anybody out there to help me out with this? I can share you the script that i now have, if need be. Or if you guys have written something that would do the match move trick, i’d be really interested to check it out.

Personally, i think it’s a shame that we don’t have a decent match move script between daz studio and afte effects. 

Cheers, and thanks

Comments

• Cayman StudiosCayman Studios Posts: 1,131

The following script will rotate the active camera 1 radian (about 57 degrees) around the x-axis, and set the focal length to 81mm.

var viewMgr = MainWindow.getViewportMgr();var activeView = viewMgr.getActiveViewport();if ( activeView ) {	var viewport3d = activeView.get3DViewport();	if ( viewport3d ) {		var curCam = viewport3d.getCamera();		var newQuat = new DzQuat();				newQuat.setValue(0,1);// 1st parameter (x=0,y=1,z=2); 2nd parameter in radians		curCam.setWSRot(newQuat);		curCam.focalLength = 81;											}}	

I don't know if this is the sort of pointer you are looking for.