Marble Bust

edited March 2019 in Art Studio

This is a Genesis 3 figure I've been using to create a science fiction graphic novel with an underlying theme of Imperial Rome. Although the novel is in a comic style, I've been experimenting with rendering the characters as Roman-style busts in marble. This is Sami, a minor character. Made with Daz Studio, Zbrush, and rendered in Modo.

Sami-bust1.jpg
1359 x 1500 - 299K
Post edited by acecombs_b317c01b8d on

Comments

• frankrblowfrankrblow Posts: 2,052

The bust looks great, and your ideas for rendering are interesting. I'd like to see more, if you have renders to share?

• The bust looks great, and your ideas for rendering are interesting. I'd like to see more, if you have renders to share?

Thanks. I hope to post a few more over the next couple of days.

• This is Leon, another character from "In Times of War".This was originally another Genesis 3 character, modified in Zbrush and rendered in Modo. These renders use primarily image-based lighting and PBRs for the textures.

Leon-bust.jpg
    740 x 740 - 432K
  • frankrblowfrankrblow Posts: 2,052

Nice work.

• Nice work.

Thanks, Dragonfly.

• This is Tate. Tate has been dead for a year when the events take place in "In Times of War", the graphic novel for which these were created. He's only seen in flashbacks and the bust is pitted with corrosion, his features being slowly eaten away. This is digital, a Zbrush-modified Genesis 3 figure, and again rendered in Modo.

Tate-1.jpg
    1200 x 1680 - 1M