Things missing

Greetings all. Here's the situation, I was running out of space on the main drive of my PC so initially I created a "My Library 2" folder on another drive in my PC. After purchasing more products I couldn't install them due to lack of space on the main. I changed the installation folder to the 2nd drive but everything wasn't coming up. So I figured just un- and reinstall to get it back, no luck plus now all my morph sliders are gone. I'm purchasing a new drive tomorrow and reloading Win10 on it but what do I need to do to get Daz 3D back to normal after I install the new drive. Thanx in advance.

Comments

• NorthOf45NorthOf45 Posts: 5,183

You will have to configure DAZ Studio to look at the new Library location with Content Directory Manager. Several ways to get there:

Edit->Preferences->Content, click the big "Content Directory Manager..." button
    Right-click on the Content Library tab, select "Content Directory Manager..."
    Click on the context menu ("hamburger") of the Pane with the Content Library tab, and select... you guessed it...
     "Content Directory Manager..."

Expand the DAZ Studio Formats and Poser Formats branches and edit the drive and path for each to point to the new installation folder.

• Thanx, I've have the new drive installed and all the content is there, however the morph sliders still aren't there. Any ideas? 

When you say all the content is there, do you mean that it is there in DAZ Studio Content Library pane? Are the morph sliders missing from all figures, or just one in particular?

• Yes all the content is in the Smart Content pane but for example the "Boom Chica" body sliders aren't in the Shaping pane and they used to be, also when I click on a morph in the smart pane for any of the boom chica nothing changes on the model

The morphs should load automatically with the figure, and the sliders show in both the Parameters pane and the Shaping pane. You have to drill down a bit to get to them. 

(Note: I do not have this product, but that it how all morph packages work).

What about the face and body presets? (i.e., BoomChica 00a Head 01, BoomChica 00b Body 01, etc.) Do they do anyyhing when you apply them?

Have you tried ithem from the Content Library directly, and not just Smart Content? Content Library shows everything in the actual file system, not just what is relevant to the selected figure. According to the file list, they should be in "People->Genesis 8 Female->Shapes->Lyoness->Boom Chica Morphs"

• They're slowly coming in. I appreciate all of your help.

edited March 2019

Slowly coming in? I don't understand. Do you use DAZ Connect to install? Sounds like Studio is trying to download them again. If you move your library and configure Studio properly, it shouldn't have to re-download and install anything. I don't use Connect, so I wouldn't know for sure how that all works...

And something is wrong with this thread, the status doesn't move in the ranks when you post something, and your post count, as I see it, is still 0, which is obviously untrue.

Post edited by NorthOf45 on
  • LyonessLyoness Posts: 1,606
    the "Boom Chica" body sliders aren't in the Shaping pane

They're slowly coming in. I appreciate all of your help.

oh good!  I get worried when it looks like things don't work.

• Yes I'm using connect and after clearing everything, restoring all defaults and re-installing so sliders are there. It seems that after I install through the Installer manager I have to R-click them in daz and install there too. (doesn't make sense but its working...slowly)

• Yes I'm using connect and after clearing everything, restoring all defaults and re-installing so sliders are there. It seems that after I install through the Installer manager I have to R-click them in daz and install there too. (doesn't make sense but its working...slowly)

That sounds like an issue with paths - are you sure the isntall location for DIM (which you can see by clicking the details check box on ready to Download or Ready to Install) is oen of your content directories in DS? It could also be a communication issue with the Content Management Service if the paths are correct, perhaps attributable to folder permissions or security software though soem users do seem to get this for no apparent reason.

• They are correct now. I had un-install and delete everything associated w/ Daz to reset all the paths. There may have been a simpler why but I was getting frustrated.

• SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232
    Yes all the content is in the Smart Content pane

Note that this does not mean your content files are accessible by DAZ|Studio. Smart Content is not a view of your content, it's a filtered and sorted view of database links pointing to your actual content files. If you've moved your content folders, the database that Smart Content uses will still be looking in the old location, until you update the database (or, as you did, re-install).