Wearables Props for Genesis 3 do not fit G8

Hello,

I have a lot of Genesis 3 zombie poses and weapons products that I purchased that are absolutely wonderful except for one problem I am having.

I am using only Genesis 8 characters in my scenes.

Converting the G3 poses to G8 is not an issue, I just use the G3 to G8 Pose Corrector script on the fly. It works perfectly.

However the wearable props, like guns, swords, etc. do not go into the hand of the G8 figure, they appear further up above the hand. It doesn't matter if I convert the pose first, or after loading the weapon ... the weapon always goes above the hand instead of in it.

If I try to "Fit" the weapon to the figure it does even stranger things. Sometimes it puts the weapon at the characters feet.

My question ... Is there a good rule of thumb or series of steps I can use to make sure the G3 wearables fit the G8 character?

I have the pose conversion figured out, now if I can only get these wearable weapons to fit properly would save a lot of time.

Please help. surprise

Comments

• vonHobovonHobo Posts: 1,638
    edited March 2019

Here is an example to show what happens when you load a G3 wearable to a G8 figure... the weapon follows the hand if you change the pose, but it always appears above the hand.

I have tried converting the pose of the G8 figure to G3, which would put the hand where the gun appears, but when I do this the gun goes up higher, to stay above the hand, because this is a G8 figure. 

Just wondering if anyone has found a solution to using G3 wearables on G8 figures??

There are a lot of pose converters to choose from, but I haven't seen a script or tool to address the wearable props.

Zombie Hunter.jpg
    610 x 665 - 59K
    Post edited by vonHobo on
  • You need to reposition the prop so it is lined up with the position and angle of the hand, or move the hand to the prop with it unparented then parent with parent in Place on (in the chnage parent dialogue).

• vonHobovonHobo Posts: 1,638

Ok. Thanks. That's what I have been doing. Just thought there was an easier way to get it right from the start instead of having to move it manually.