Adding icons to morph dials

IsaacNewtonIsaacNewton Posts: 1,300

I just bought iG Expressions of Love and Hate for Genesis 8 Female, the expressions look very realistic and I'm looking forward to using them. However, the sliders for the expression morphs have no icons to show what the expression looks like and the slider names have ingeniously descriptive names like Hate 01 to Hate 25 and Love 01 to Love 25.

Since I'd rather not spend my time applying 50 sliders to find one that I'm looking for (I do have a limited lifespan), I'd like to add icons such as those in the promo pictures to each slider as many vendors do already. Can anyone tell me how I can do that?

Alternatively, maybe Godin or i3D_Lotus can do that and provide an update.

Post edited by IsaacNewton on

Comments

• NorthOf45NorthOf45 Posts: 5,241

Those little icons can be added by pointing to a graphic in the parameter's settings. Click the little gear icon at the right side of the parameter. Underneath Color A and Color B are two places to enter the path to an Icon and a Card. Those parameters that have a picture are added to the Card (usually in the same data folder as the morph). Don't know what the Icon slot is for, no one seems to use it. You can use the thumbnails that come with the scripts, but, small problem, the square icons cover the first couple of characters of the parameter name, unless you are willing to make a new set of portrait-shaped thumbnails.

Good candidate for a script, since you will have to do each parameter individually. Don't forget to save your work (Save As... -> Support Asset -> Save Modified Assets...) if you want it to be there next time.

• Valery3DValery3D Posts: 105
    edited March 2019

I just bought iG Expressions of Love and Hate for Genesis 8 Female, the expressions look very realistic and I'm looking forward to using them. However, the sliders for the expression morphs have no icons to show what the expression looks like and the slider names have ingeniously descriptive names like Hate 01 to Hate 25 and Love 01 to Love 25.

Hello the icons you are searching you can find them in the presets folder that are included within this product.  These are the same expressions as for the Slider dials.  We provided two options on how to use this product either by a one click preset or using the slider dials. The way to go on this is first look in the presets folder within the content library manager in the expressions folder and look how the expressions look in there and if you like for example number 4 love in there and you want to use that one then next go to the slider dial and activate there expression number 4 love. I hope this helps 

Edited to fix quote

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on