Rtx 2080 ti not working in daz

I just swapped out my gtx 1080 for an asus rog strix rtx 2080 ti and daz will not us it while rendering. I have the latest drivers and everything properly installed. The card works with games and benchmarks normally. It is available in the advanced mode but if i select only the 2080 ti to render with and not the cpu it immediately stops and i get a blank render. If i render with both the cpu and gpu it renders but takes awhile, even for just a small item like a dresser or 1 character. If i deselect the gpu and only select the cpu it renders in the exact same speed. In task manager it shows the gpu not being used. Ive spent thousands on daz content and $4000 on this rig. Somebody please help me!

Comments

• davegvdavegv Posts: 164

You have to use the 4.11 Beta. There are a couple threads about that.

https://direct.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/3969916/#Comment_3969916

• mikec0781mikec0781 Posts: 10

Yesterday install manager downloaded an update to 4.11 and now suddenly the rtx is not working again. This is so frustrating. Anyone else having issues?

• Is you nVidia driver 418.81 or later? As noted here https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/265581/daz-studio-pro-beta-version-4-11-0-335-updated/p1 , that is required for the included version of Iray.

• TomDowdTomDowd Posts: 197

I just ran the new beta version with my RTX2080ti and GTX1070ti and both engaged just fine. Echoing Richard, I would check on the NVidia driver. 

• mikec0781mikec0781 Posts: 10

Yes I have the latest driver installed

• From nVidia? If you right-click on the desktop and select nVidia Control Panel what is the actual version number shown?

• fastbike1fastbike1 Posts: 4,074

That's not always the best driver, as RTX20XX owners have recently witnessed. 

mikec0781 said:

Yes I have the latest driver installed

• I just upgraded to the latest public beta, 4.11.0.335 and GPU rendering on my RTX 2080 Ti cards no longer works. It was working great on the last public beta build. I'm trying to see if there's a way to download the older beta and roll back.

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,033
    Blue Gene said:

I just upgraded to the latest public beta, 4.11.0.335 and GPU rendering on my RTX 2080 Ti cards no longer works. It was working great on the last public beta build. I'm trying to see if there's a way to download the older beta and roll back.

There's no way to dowload an older beta once a new one is released.

Make sure your driver is at least the minimum version required by the new beta

• TomDowdTomDowd Posts: 197

425.31 is the driver version that I am running with 4.11.0.335 and it is working for me with both RTX and GTX cards onboard.

• JamesJABJamesJAB Posts: 1,760

Try going directly to Nvidia's website, download and install the newest drivers for your card.
    If Windows Update decided to install the most recent drivers from Microsoft's servers Iray will stop working.
    You need the Nvidia published drivers for Iray to work!

• Blue Gene said:

I just upgraded to the latest public beta, 4.11.0.335 and GPU rendering on my RTX 2080 Ti cards no longer works. It was working great on the last public beta build. I'm trying to see if there's a way to download the older beta and roll back.

I had my 2080ti running without issue on the newest beta (.335) for a few days and then went on a stint rendering with the octane plugin for a day or two straight without issue when suddenly i could not render iray. I verified the card was working by running a separate bench test that otoy (octane) provides and saw in gpu-z that the card was indeed under load and rendering away without issue but still no dice in daz. Remember this was working fine in iray only a couple of days prior. I did several general troubleshooting steps like power off and back on and even reinstalled the beta after uninstalling from DIM. Nothing helped at all. Daz could see the card under the hardware configuration button, think that is the name, but when i would hit render or ever switch to iray preview it would just sit there forever in a gray color. Checking the logs indicated that iray was failing because Daz could not find suitable hardware or some such.

I ended up uninstalling the driver I was on at the time (425.31) and installed the driver 419.67 after rebooting. All worked again without issue. Now...I do not know if there would have been success going back to 425.31 or even the new 430 driver as I had spent more time troubleshooting than I wanted and had to get back to work but I suspect something simply got corrupt. This may not at all be the solution for you but I wanted to mention what I encountered in case it helps.

• RTX 2080 TI user too, I was using 417.x drivers when the last beta was released, and so Daz stopped using the graphic card.

At first when I upgraded my drivers to the latest release (used GeForce Experience to get them) Daz got confused, the graphic card didn't appear at all in the software and I only could render in 3dlight (even though Daz wasn't running when I upgraded and I restarted the computer after the drivers' install).

Uninstalled/reinstalled the beta, and it works fine now.