New York Stores -- Wow!

Aurelio's new release called New York Stores looks absolutely amazing! surprise

My question is how long does it take to render on a decent system? (1080Ti) And is it easy to navigate to set up camera views or is it sluggish and jerky?

New York Stores promo

I see that you can include just some of the stores in your scene, not necessarily the whole street, but that long view looks so sweet!

Comments

• escrandallescrandall Posts: 487

I haven't picked it up yet, but there are so many parts of Manhattan that look so much like this.

• xyer0xyer0 Posts: 5,686

Perfect. The only way I can see to improve on it is to make the ground floors modular so they can be switched out with ease. Into the cart!

xyer0 said:

Perfect. The only way I can see to improve on it is to make the ground floors modular so they can be switched out with ease. Into the cart!

maybe some opening doors and a second or third expansion set:-)

• ColinFrenchColinFrench Posts: 635
    edited March 2019

there are so many parts of Manhattan that look so much like this.

Not just Manhattan -- if you can leave off some of the fire escapes (which seem to be a separate prop) then the facades fit into all sorts of other cities / towns.

Xyer0, if you get a chance, please let us know how it renders. Thanks!

Post edited by ColinFrench on
  • TynkereTynkere Posts: 834
    edited March 2019

My question is how long does it take to render on a decent system? (1080Ti) And is it easy to navigate to set up camera views or is it sluggish and jerky?

I see that you can include just some of the stores in your scene, not necessarily the whole street, but that long view looks so sweet!

I picked up NY Stores and New York Brownstones   Both are pretty cool imo.  Test scene took about 10 min make.  Wasn't sluggish or any lag on an aging i-7 (6700k)   Test render took about 30 minutes and was 90% when I canceled it & saved.

Test scene is all 4 ‘stores’ + 2 cars + 3 actors.

Nothing was optimized.

iRay preview took 19.4 GB ram

While rendering:  23.6GB RAM

Device 0 card: 11,637MB
    Device1 card: 8,656MB

So...  1080 t.i. probably fine  yes

(size & settings were 2922 x 2191 @ qual 3 @ 98%)

It’s a nice set.  Only ‘plaint might be as others have said-- wish they’d rig the doors but maybe that would add to cost.  ???  (some other of my favorite PAs-- Collective3D and Faveral-- don’t generally rig large sets either for some reason.)  ???

Anyway, I’m having fun with it.  Had been looking for nice big city “Main Street” stateside & ‘brownstones’

best!

---

PS: I need a 70’s Checker cab for it.  Taxi!    Do they make such a thing?  I couldn’t find one in a quick search.      

_NewYork.png
    1299 x 974 - 2M
    Post edited by Tynkere on

Here's the out of the box set with just a Denki Gaka sky added.  A 2016 iMac (no Nvidia gpu)  about 12 minutes to 36% 1503x1226

ny stores-1..png
    1503 x 1226 - 4M
  • 5200north5200north Posts: 249

I just saw this in the store and i couldn't be more impressed.

• davesodaveso Posts: 6,438
    Tynkere said:

I picked up NY Stores and New York Brownstones   Both are pretty cool imo.  Test scene took about 10 min make.  Wasn't sluggish or any lag on an aging i-7 (6700k)   Test render took about 30 minutes and was 90% when I canceled it & saved.

Test scene is all 4 ‘stores’ + 2 cars + 3 actors.

Nothing was optimized.

iRay preview took 19.4 GB ram

While rendering:  23.6GB RAM

Device 0 card: 11,637MB
    Device1 card: 8,656MB

So...  1080 t.i. probably fine  yes

It’s a nice set.  Only ‘plaint might be as others have said-- wish they’d rig the doors but maybe that would add to cost.  ???  (some other of my favorite PAs-- Collective3D and Faveral-- don’t generally rig large sets either for some reason.)  ???

Anyway, I’m having fun with it.  Had been looking for nice big city “Main Street” stateside & ‘brownstones’

best!

---

PS: I need a 70’s Checker cab for it.  Taxi!    Do they make such a thing?  I couldn’t find one in a quick search.      

there's a 70s Checker at Rendo

edited March 2019
    daveso said:

there's a 70s Checker at Rendo

Thanks!

Exactly what was looking for!  

Full92967.jpg
    800 x 800 - 133K
    Post edited by Tynkere on

For a slightly newer Taxi check out the CV-1  (a 90-ish Crown Vic)   on Rendo that can be done in police, taxi or civilian colors.  It's $30 and I've never been there on a good enough sale, but perhaps the next time with this set.

• AllenArtAllenArt Posts: 7,140

This set looks awesome!

Laurie

For a slightly newer Taxi check out the CV-1  (a 90-ish Crown Vic)   on Rendo that can be done in police, taxi or civilian colors.  It's $30 and I've never been there on a good enough sale, but perhaps the next time with this set.

Thanks.  A crown vic will come in handy too.  (Think I made a mistake of typing in 'Taxi for DAZ' or something & left out poser.  Anyway, onto wishlist it goes too!  (My tax refund is rapidly disappearing.)  : 0 !

PS:  Nice render.  You're fortunate to be able to do CPU iRay.  Stupid i-7 would go into turbo and BSOD after 8 min.  : /

best

--Bruce

• WonderlandWonderland Posts: 6,740

Wow, this does look amazing! I hope @Aurelio does Central Park with horse & Carriages, the Sunset Strip & Robertson Blvd (LA) next! I didn’t even know someone besides Stonemason could do something like this! 

• Matt_CastleMatt_Castle Posts: 2,342
    5200north said:

I just saw this in the store and i couldn't be more impressed.

I'm trying to decide if that's close enough to the "Could [noun] be any more..." catchphrase to be a Friends reference.

• ColinFrenchColinFrench Posts: 635

Wow, this does look amazing! I hope @Aurelio does Central Park with horse & Carriages, the Sunset Strip & Robertson Blvd (LA) next! I didn’t even know someone besides Stonemason could do something like this! 

Heh-heh, my initial reaction when seeing the small promo thumbnail on today's sale page was "Hey look, Stonemason has created Streets of New York"smiley  It's that level of quality. So congrats to Aurelio !

Thanks to folks for reporting their rendering experiences, much appreciated. I guess it's time to abuse the ol' credit card once again.

• FauvistFauvist Posts: 2,038

Here's the out of the box set with just a Denki Gaka sky added.  A 2016 iMac (no Nvidia gpu)  about 12 minutes to 36% 1503x1226

And this was an Iray render?  On an iMac?

• MarcCCTxMarcCCTx Posts: 909

is this block the same length as the brownstone block? Will they jibe if i make them facing?

Fauvist said:

And this was an Iray render?  On an iMac?

Yup..  iMac with  i7 and 64 GB memory.  Apple uses AMD Radeon GPUs, so Iray has to be CPU only...

• SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634

I have said to Aurelio personally about his skills being top quality. Glad folks agree. Shame I never noticed the doors not opening before he sent this off to DAZ3D. 

Marc see attached. The top view the brownstones are at the top.

brown and stores.jpg
    989 x 850 - 376K
    brown and stores 2.jpg
    989 x 850 - 141K
  • MarcCCTxMarcCCTx Posts: 909

Thank you, should be able to make this work.

Not a New Yorker, but could these two be facing each other? Or are there zoning issues? What does Archie Goodwin see when he leaves the brownstone?

• I agree - as a Stonemason addict - that this looks to compare very favorably.  

Into the cart, you!

MarcCCTx said:

is this block the same length as the brownstone block? Will they jibe if i make them facing?

@Szark beat me to it, and obvioulsy he has a bit more experience than I do!

Had the screenie already though, so what the hay.   Can everyone tell I have the day off?  ; )

Can't speak for New York, but in older parts of San Antonio, they'd face one another with a common alley in between for the trash.

_NY_Kitbash.png
    1401 x 1186 - 3M
    edited March 2019

Since setting up the Iray materials for the Brownstone set some years ago I have learnt a lot more about PBR so with permission from https://www.daz3d.com/aurelio I have updated all materials to bring them in line with proper PBR as much as I can and know how. They don't have roughness maps as I am not privy to the original source files.

I have attached two scene subsets, Day and Night and some Material presets. These are no use to anyone unless you have the original content from the DAZ3D store. The Emissive materials have also been updated to be more realistic in Wattage and Lumen output. Be warned these will overwrite the existing Emissive presets. The rest will be ok.

I did this for myself to begin with but hey why not share. I haven't done this Stores set as I don't know how Aurelio set up the mats for the final release. When I get time I might go through the set I got.

You can Dl them from my dA page https://www.deviantart.com/itiseyemeeszark/art/Updated-Brownstone-Iray-Materials-788773025

PS: All the surfaces are tagged so if you want to drop the Brownstone Normal Map intensity for example you can use the Surface Selection Tool to right click on say the brownstone and select Tags, Brownstones and select All Objects. That will select all the brownstone zones in one go. 

Brownstones 2.jpg
    1500 x 1303 - 2M
    Brownstones 3.jpg
    1500 x 1303 - 2M
    Brownstones aut.jpg
    2000 x 1125 - 2M
    Brownstones night.jpg
    2000 x 1125 - 2M
    Brownstones.jpg
    2000 x 1125 - 2M
    Post edited by Szark on
    edited March 2019

I brought down the colour to be more inline with this photo

image.jpg
    1024 x 576 - 131K
    Post edited by Szark on
  • RGcincyRGcincy Posts: 2,808

Thanks for the new materials!

Left comment over at dA but also wanted to thank you here as well.

That's very generous of you.

Fantastic renders too!  Esp. like the one at night.  I stink when it comes to doing iray at night.no 

Off to go play with it then!

best

-- Bruce

• xyer0xyer0 Posts: 5,686
    xyer0 said:

maybe some opening doors and a second or third expansion set:-)

And wider streets.

there are so many parts of Manhattan that look so much like this.

Not just Manhattan -- if you can leave off some of the fire escapes (which seem to be a separate prop) then the facades fit into all sorts of other cities / towns.

Xyer0, if you get a chance, please let us know how it renders. Thanks!

I put off my purchase until tomorrow, in hopes that Tesla3dCorp's Boys Dorm Room (which leaves NEW status tonight) will be added to the sale discount. And others beat me to it.

Thanks, Szark, for shortening my to-do list.

My pleasure Rich, Bruce and xyer0

• AurelioAurelio Posts: 1

Thanks for the compliments. The doors should open. I rigged all oft he main store doors and the windows on the pub. The ladder on the fire escape also comes down.

restaurant.png
    600 x 600 - 720K
    pub.png
    600 x 600 - 728K
    cafe.png
    600 x 600 - 733K
  • AllenArtAllenArt Posts: 7,140
    Aurelio said:

Thanks for the compliments. The doors should open. I rigged all oft he main store doors and the windows on the pub. The ladder on the fire escape also comes down.

Great job Aurelio...I wasn't gonna buy anything else for awhile, but I HAD to get this ;). Thanks!!!

Laurie