Imported background orientation.

Need a bit of help and advice please. Someone has sent me a very good, usable photograph af a rock formation which I plan to use for a rock-climbing or mountaineering scene, the pic is set in Portrait. My problem is, when I import the photo into DAZ (Windows>Panes(Tabs)> Environment) etc, it apears in Landscape and I am unable to alter it's plane. I would also like to re-size the photo to fill the view-pane. So, I need to rotate the picture and then to re-size it. All suggestion would be most helpful. Thank you all.

Comments

• nemesis10nemesis10 Posts: 3,276

Need a bit of help and advice please. Someone has sent me a very good, usable photograph af a rock formation which I plan to use for a rock-climbing or mountaineering scene, the pic is set in Portrait. My problem is, when I import the photo into DAZ (Windows>Panes(Tabs)> Environment) etc, it apears in Landscape and I am unable to alter it's plane. I would also like to re-size the photo to fill the view-pane. So, I need to rotate the picture and then to re-size it. All suggestion would be most helpful. Thank you all.

Instead of using it as a background, I would choose a nice outdoor HDRI to give realistic natural light. Next, I would create a primitive plane, scale to the proportions of the image,  add a touch of emissive light using the photo as the map (the world around us emits a touch of light. Next I would add the elements of the scene such as people and pose them.  Finally, I would add a light depth of field in the camera...  this is an example of an image where the background is a primitive: https://www.daz3d.com/gallery/#images/709721/

• Cat_DancingCat_Dancing Posts: 519

Hello Nemesis. Thank you for your response...........I'm afraid I failed at HDRI. Your work is fabulous and maybe one day I might come close but at this stage of the game I am way out on a limb. I woulsn't know where to start. Thank you for your kindness.

• Either edit the image in an image editor, or adjust the render proportions (aspect ratio) in Render Settings' Editor tab, under the General group.

• Cat_DancingCat_Dancing Posts: 519

Thank you Richard I'll get on it.