major issues with daz 4.6 with rendering

elvaselvas Posts: 0
edited October 2013 in The Commons

i download daz installer and it keep on telling me it cant install some applications i have 2 jpg that shows the error that gives me plus what doesnt let me install/
Also all the renders are black...with no hair or whatever i add is missing ..and give me only the body figure black...
i have turn settings to default about rendering still nothing if someone can help ..
thanks for your time

Untitled-4.jpg
960 x 604 - 360K
Untitled-2.jpg
1440 x 900 - 731K
Post edited by elvas on

Comments

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

In Install Manager go to Settings (the gear icon in the upper right) > Applications. If Bryce, Carrara, etc. aren't listed there, you need to add them so that Install Manager can install those items.

• elvaselvas Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Iam sorry iam kinda new in those things , i upload a print screen ...in the location i put the same with library?

Untitled-6.jpg
    577 x 528 - 133K
    edited December 1969

Put the path to where Bryce is installed, e.g. C:\Program Files (x86)\DAZ 3D\Bryce 7

edited December 1969

It continues give me error in Photoshop and in render throttle... even if i add Photoshop right path

edited December 1969

Can you post a screenshot of the Applications tab?

edited December 1969

ofc thanks for helping me

Untitled-7.jpg
    544 x 527 - 148K
    edited December 1969

and this is the rendering result..

54.jpg
    618 x 800 - 130K
  • Lissa_xyzLissa_xyz Posts: 6,116
    edited October 2013

elvas said:
    ofc thanks for helping me

Point Bryce and Carrara to Bryce and Carrara, not to DIM's install location.

You also have CS5 listed as CS6 (click the version # drop down when you add an app to change the version).

Post edited by Lissa_xyz on
    edited December 1969

so i must make files with those name or its inside somedirectory of daz.iam sorry asking 2much but trying to understand how the whole thing works .

edited October 2013

elvas said:
    so i must make files with those name or its inside somedirectory of daz.iam sorry asking 2much but trying to understand how the whole thing works .

Do you even have Bryce and Carrara installed? They're separate programs.

http://www.daz3d.com/bryce/bryce-7-pro
    http://www.daz3d.com/carrara-software/

If you don't have them, then you don't need to add them to DIM or download their products.

edited December 1969

... in the installer it gave me both of them as ready to install...thats why i asked ..plus i dont get why it doesnt any or the rendering and gives me those results...it look ok in the daz but when i try to render it give me the black elements you saw..

edited December 1969

does anyone else get those black rendering results?

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited October 2013

The installation of Files for programs you do not use is not needed. They can be ignored as they do nothing to DAZ Studio rendering.
    Can we see a Screen shot of render settings? Expand to include your Advance section please.

Post edited by Jaderail on
    edited October 2013

You can go through the download filters (ready to download tab > upper left > download filters) and uncheck the programs you do not have installed, and their content will no longer display to download.

• mark128mark128 Posts: 1,029
    edited December 1969

elvas said:
    does anyone else get those black rendering results?

I have seen results similar to that when I accidentally run more than DAZ Studio executable.

DAZ Studio has a temporary director, when you load scenes or doing rendering, DS generates a lot of data in that temporary directory. If you run a second DS application, it will use the same temporary and corrupt the files of the first application.

You should only run one DAZ Studio application window at a time.