CAR AND BIKE LOVERS THREAD - MARK III

Comments

• RenolaceRenolace Posts: 46
    edited December 1969

Here's the WWII Jeep again with a few more mods. Still a WIP as I think it still needs a winch and maybe a few other things. Been having fun working with it. Hope you like it.

Jeep03.jpg
    1600 x 900 - 716K
  • music2u4umusic2u4u Posts: 2,822
    edited November 2013

Very Nice! One thing....those tires are just way too clean for a dirt road...lol.

For those who may have missed it, here is a link to the 53 Caddy:

http://astorza.net/category/freebies/

:-)

Post edited by music2u4u on
  • usherstangusherstang Posts: 89
    edited December 1969

here is one of my first scenes . this is my dream garage.

AutoSave_Robs_customdesign~.png
    1024 x 611 - 52K
    edited December 1969

You are off to a good start. Once you get the hang of the basics, then you can work on textures and lightings. Lets us know if you need any help.

edited November 2013

Hows about this one! I think it's a 1937 Europian Desoto with steering wheel on the right. Envsphere with an HDRI map and Uberlighting and one direct light. Ground plane set at 60-60-60 to make it invisible so shadows can show. Parent ground to car, then rotate it slightly down because it's on a hill.

36Buick.jpg
    989 x 720 - 534K
  • Robert FreiseRobert Freise Posts: 4,261
    edited December 1969

music2u4u said:
    Hows about this one! I think it's a 1936 Europian Desotte with steering wheel on the right. Envsphere with an HDRI map and Uberlighting and one direct light. Ground plane set at 60-60-60 to make it invisible so shadows can show. Parent ground to car, then rotate it slightly down because it's on a hill.

Nice car
    Had to look on line under Desoto and found this 1937 that looks close but is LH drive

2009-10-21_37DeSotoWeb-Large.jpg
    750 x 528 - 50K
  • Tramp GraphicsTramp Graphics Posts: 2,404
    edited December 1969

music2u4u said:
    Hows about this one! I think it's a 1936 Europian Desotte with steering wheel on the right. Envsphere with an HDRI map and Uberlighting and one direct light. Ground plane set at 60-60-60 to make it invisible so shadows can show. Parent ground to car, then rotate it slightly down because it's on a hill.

Nice car
    Had to look on line under Desoto and found this 1937 that looks close but is LH driveWhich is where the steering wheel should be. :-P Never could understand why some countries drive on the wrong side of the road. :P

• CherokeeCherokee Posts: 292
    edited December 1969

Music,

Now, where did you find that one?

• none01ohonenone01ohone Posts: 862
    edited December 1969

@music
    Nice render. I'm also interested in the car, looks a little familiar. I might have it somewhere.
    I noticed you've mentioned Envsphere a couple of times in your latest and the caddy pics. Can I ask you what package that's from?

@Renolace
    I like what you've done. I've just got the WW2 Jeep, interesting to see what you can do with it.

@ usherstang
    Nice. bang on some shaders and a backdrop now.

edited December 1969

music2u4u said:

Excellent realism, the old and dirty chrome really sells this render....very impressive. I like the car as well as the HDRI. Do you have links to these?

edited December 1969

@Renolace
    I like what you've done. I've just got the WW2 Jeep, interesting to see what you can do with it.

Thanks! Yeah, the Jeep is cool and I've had lots of fun making some accessories for it, have a few more things I wanna do and then make a few final renders of it.

edited November 2013

The car is a GTA conversion...not sure where I got it. I have sooo many GTA sites favorited and some of them are from Europe. I used a texture for the chrome this time, not a shader. I do however have the HDRI.

http://www.hdrlabs.com/sibl/archive.html

About half way down the page under 3d Total Promo. 3d Total sample 1. A freebie. Lots of goodies on this page.

I think the EnvSphere is by BagginsBill of Dreamland models. He made the Car Patio everyone uses. It is a .pp2 prop file and has full and half spheres.

It may be possible to use a DS primitive sphere and scale it way up, go inside and apply an image to the inside...not sure though.

edited December 1969

music2u4u said:
    The car is a GTA conversion...not sure where I got it. I have sooo many GTA sites favorited. I used a texture for the chrome this time, not a shader. I do however have the HDRI.

Cool. I've checked all my GTA links and still haven't located that car on any of them.

edited December 1969
    edited December 1969

Thank God...I have been surfing for an hour looking for it. That would be it!

edited December 1969

Cherokee said:
    music2u4u said:
    The car is a GTA conversion...not sure where I got it. I have sooo many GTA sites favorited. I used a texture for the chrome this time, not a shader. I do however have the HDRI.

Cool. I've checked all my GTA links and still haven't located that car on any of them.

There are tons of Europian GTA sites. Many of them list the car dates and models all wrong...lol. I have checked lots of mine and even I can't find it. I have a lot of faved sites that have closed down also. Who knows...lol. Sometimes you got to grab while you can.

• usherstangusherstang Posts: 89
    edited December 1969

here is my second scene decided 2 destroy some cars this time feed back would b aprecciated. as to the comments posted on my other 1 i am limited 2 google sketchup as i cant download other programs to my computer due to proxys.

robs_car_crash.png
    1024 x 635 - 729K
    car_crash3.png
    1024 x 635 - 544K
    car_crash2.png
    1024 x 635 - 677K
    car_crash1.png
    1024 x 635 - 679K
    edited December 1969

1961 Jaguar XKE coupe - yeah, it's a GTA conversion. Rendered in Poser Pro 2012.

1961_Jaguar_XKE_Coupe_PP2012.jpg
    1147 x 877 - 261K
    edited December 1969

@Cherokee.
    Bugger. You beat me to it. I've just downloaded the Jag.
    Nice render.

edited November 2013

@Cherokee.
    Nice render.

Hey, thanks.

Go ahead and post one anyway. The more the merrier.

I just wish music could remember where he got the car in his render.

Post edited by Cherokee on
    edited December 1969

Hey music,

Just had a thought. If the file for that car is in zip format, there is usually a ReadMe file included. Check that and see. It may show the site you downloaded it from.

edited December 1969

music2u4u said:
    The car is a GTA conversion...not sure where I got it. I have sooo many GTA sites favorited and some of them are from Europe. I used a texture for the chrome this time, not a shader. I do however have the HDRI.

http://www.hdrlabs.com/sibl/archive.html

About half way down the page under 3d Total Promo. 3d Total sample 1. A freebie. Lots of goodies on this page.

I think the EnvSphere is by BagginsBill of Dreamland models. He made the Car Patio everyone uses. It is a .pp2 prop file and has full and half spheres.

It may be possible to use a DS primitive sphere and scale it way up, go inside and apply an image to the inside...not sure though.

I don't think this is the right HDRI, this one is more like 3 footpaths. Seems like it would be tough to get a car to fit in there. No big deal but if you remember where the one you used is and if you could post a link, I would appreciate it. TIA

03.jpg
    960 x 540 - 505K
    02.jpg
    960 x 540 - 417K
    01.jpg
    960 x 540 - 499K
    36Buick.jpg
    989 x 720 - 534K
    edited December 1969

Cherokee said:
    1961 Jaguar XKE coupe - yeah, it's a GTA conversion. Rendered in Poser Pro 2012.

Nice, I may have to get that Yosemite pack.:coolsmile:

edited December 1969

here is my second scene decided 2 destroy some cars this time feed back would b aprecciated. as to the comments posted on my other 1 i am limited 2 google sketchup as i cant download other programs to my computer due to proxys.

What a mess...lol. Nice job.

edited December 1969

Cherokee said:

Nice Cherokee. I love the old XKE Jags.

edited December 1969

@Cherokee.
    Nice render.

Link?

edited November 2013

Here is one a friend sent me to convert. I finally got him to send me the .txd file so I could add the textures. Well worth it. GTA conversion to .obj. in DS3.

Anyone know what year this is?

Olds442_1.jpg
    1280 x 1024 - 228K
    edited December 1969

music2u4u said:
    @Cherokee.
    Nice render.

Link?

Her is the Jaguar XKE coupe... http://gta.com.ua/file_sa_details.phtml?id=1762

edited November 2013

music2u4u said:
    Here is one a friend sent me to convert. I finally got him to send me the .txd file so I could add the textures. Well worth it. GTA conversion to .obj. in DS3.

I thought it was a 1969 but on the web site it's shown as a 1970 Oldsmobile 442.

You figure out yet where you got that 1937 Desoto? I've looked around on the web for 3 days now and still can't find it.

Post edited by Cherokee on
    edited December 1969

Cherokee said:
    music2u4u said:

I thought it was a 1969 but on the web site it's shown as a 1970 Oldsmobile 442.

You figure out yet where you got that 1937 Desoto? I've looked around on the web for 3 days now and still can't find it.

I usually delete the original .rar/.zip files once I open them. I have not been able to find it. I had a bunch of Faved European sites that are closed down now.

This discussion has been closed.