CAR AND BIKE LOVERS THREAD - MARK III

Comments

• CherokeeCherokee Posts: 292
    edited December 1969

music2u4u said:
    Here is the GTA Vice City 1959 Chevrolet Apache Pickup. It turned out real nice. Looks pretty good right out of the box. The engine is very detailed too. Here it is with shaders.

:-)

Oh well, I was working on that one and you just beat me posting a pic of it.

• Robert FreiseRobert Freise Posts: 4,300
    edited December 1969

That's a good looking truck IMHP

• Tramp GraphicsTramp Graphics Posts: 2,406
    edited December 1969

More work done. I've finished the engine/transmission block as well as the rear swing arm and drive belt. I still need to make the drive belt cover. I had to make some modifications to the frame in order for everything to fit, and they probably won't be the last.

WIP-15.jpg
    1373 x 814 - 249K
    WIP-14.jpg
    1373 x 814 - 188K
    WIP-13.jpg
    1373 x 814 - 216K
    WIP-12.jpg
    1373 x 814 - 208K
    WIP-11.jpg
    1373 x 814 - 225K
  • music2u4umusic2u4u Posts: 2,822
    edited December 1969

Cherokee said:
    music2u4u said:
    Here is the GTA Vice City 1959 Chevrolet Apache Pickup. It turned out real nice. Looks pretty good right out of the box. The engine is very detailed too. Here it is with shaders.

Oh well, I was working on that one and you just beat me posting a pic of it.

I took it into Poser and reset the origins on the hood, doors and tailgate for them to open properly, set and forced limits in the .pp2 file and made the tires rotateable and front ones turnable. It turned out really nice. Wrote the dials into the .pp2 also.

edited December 1969

Coming together nicely TG!

edited January 2014

A few I worked on today with the snow and all. The 1930 Emerson Model J Coupe is a Sketchup conversion. Turned out real nice. The 32 Ford Hot Rod is also Sketchup. The 57 chevy junker is a GTA conversion.

57ChevyJunkerDaz1.jpg
    1280 x 1024 - 109K
    32FordHotRodDaz1.jpg
    1280 x 1024 - 122K
    1930EmersonModelJCoupeDaz1.jpg
    1280 x 1024 - 139K
    Post edited by music2u4u on
  • Hellish-AbaddonHellish-Abaddon Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Hey Car and Bike lovers thread!
    I kinda need help finding some models and I'm not sure if this is the best place to post this, but I'm sure this is the best place to ask :)
    I'm looking for harley types, hopefully a couple. (they don't need to be harleys, just that type of bike, so no superbikes)
    I would prefer freebies, but I'm willing to pay for a good model.
    They don't need to be in DS/poser format either as I can convert most models (no max :()
    Thanks

edited December 1969

Hey Car and Bike lovers thread!
    I kinda need help finding some models and I'm not sure if this is the best place to post this, but I'm sure this is the best place to ask :)
    I'm looking for harley types, hopefully a couple. (they don't need to be harleys, just that type of bike, so no superbikes)
    I would prefer freebies, but I'm willing to pay for a good model.
    They don't need to be in DS/poser format either as I can convert most models (no max :()
    Thanks
    ShareCG.com has a couple of them. One of them is in 3ds format here and the other is in Poser format here. Either one should suit your needs.
  • usherstangusherstang Posts: 89
    edited January 2014

A few I worked on today with the snow and all. The 1930 Emerson Model J Coupe is a Sketchup conversion. Turned out real nice. The 32 Ford Hot Rod is also Sketchup. The 57 chevy junker is a GTA conversion.

[/quote

fyi the 57 junker is also on the warehouse uploaded by lowriderfreak just putting it out there

Post edited by usherstang on
    edited December 1969

Belt guard is added and thus, the rear swing arm is finished. It still needs shocks yet. I've also got the main steering control arms built and mounted to the new the mounts added to the front wheel hub. Still need the front swing arms, handlebars, secondary control arms and control linkages to complete the steering system (rigging that to work should be "fun").

WIP-20.jpg
    1373 x 814 - 259K
    WIP-19.jpg
    1373 x 814 - 278K
    WIP-18.jpg
    1373 x 814 - 298K
    WIP-17.jpg
    1373 x 814 - 258K
    WIP-16.jpg
    1373 x 814 - 245K
  • RenolaceRenolace Posts: 46
    edited December 1969

Here's the 1956 Ford F100 Pickup. If I had to choose between one of these and an Apache, I honestly don't know what I would do, but I'd be happy either way.:coolsmile:

1956_Ford_F100.jpg
    1600 x 900 - 1M
    edited December 1969

Looks great Reno. You did some nice detail on the logo emblems. Hey...isn't that the baseball field (or is it basketball) HDRI background? Really nice.

edited February 2014

Here are three renders I did of the 59 Chevy Apache. Turned out pretty good I think. What do you think?

1959ChevyApacheDaz3.jpg
    1280 x 1024 - 251K
    1959ChevyApacheDaz2.jpg
    1280 x 1024 - 212K
    1959ChevyApacheDaz1.jpg
    1280 x 1024 - 228K
  • bighbigh Posts: 8,147
    edited December 1969

music2u4u said:
    Here are three renders I did of the 59 Chevy Apache. Turned out pretty good I think. What do you think?

good ones

• John SimsJohn Sims Posts: 360
    edited December 1969

music2u4u said:

Better than pretty good I would say. Better than very good even.

edited December 1969

Thanks John!

edited December 1969

music2u4u said:

They look really good, I like the one in the old warehouse in particular. Good job!!!

edited February 2014

Thanks Reno! The Ford truck is awesome you did too.

edited February 2014

Here's a nostalgic concept car called V8 Helmet, I thought this was really cool and I don't go for concept cars much. You can get it here,
    http://xiiid.deviantart.com/art/V8-Helmet-3D-Model-OBJ-349352795
    It is extremely heavy almost 3 million polys, lol. My computer barely handled it.

V8_Helmet.jpg
    1600 x 900 - 823K
    Post edited by Renolace on
    edited December 1969

I was doing a job for a Ford dealership recently and needed a Ford to act as a render prop. I found a freebie Ford Focus ST which I think was ripped out of a game, but I don't know.

The mesh is non contiguous in some areas so I haven't been able to use a Turbo smooth. As a result haven't decided whether to increase the resolution of the current mesh, where needed, or work out the issues where the mesh falls apart when turbo smoothed.

Very much a Work in Progress but, given time, I think it could be a pretty cool asset.

Focus2_copy.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 919K
  • artd3Dartd3D Posts: 165
    edited February 2014

"Here’s a nostalgic concept car called V8 Helmet, I thought this was really cool and I don’t go for concept cars much. You can get it here,
    http://xiiid.deviantart.com/art/V8-Helmet-3D-Model-OBJ-349352795"

Beautiful model, thanks for the link, but remove the t from the end of your link to correct it.

I can just see "The Shadow" driving thru a 1940's city in this car.

You're right it is heavy, chokes my 8 core AMD with 16 gigs of memory.

I just wish someone who puts this much time and work in creating a masterpiece like this would name the individual pieces, and group them together.

I imported this into Vue and it came thru with no materials, so it is a real pain to click on each object to see what it is and add a material.

Again, thanks for the great find, I will be making a Vue city scene with this as the centerpoint.

Post edited by artd3D on
  • artd3Dartd3D Posts: 165
    edited February 2014

Does anyone know where I can find a decent scarf for my version of The Shadow? (WIP)

The_Shadow.jpg
    840 x 910 - 93K
    Post edited by artd3D on
  • Robert FreiseRobert Freise Posts: 4,300
    edited December 1969

artd3D said:
    Does anyone know where I can find a decent scarf for my version of The Shadow? (WIP)

You might check out pappy411 at Rosity seems like he had one in the market place there

• GLWoodardGLWoodard Posts: 3,335
    edited December 1969

music2u4u said:

I've had that 58 Apache for awhile, and it was off of the Russian gta site, nice model, I did the same thing you did, took it into Poser and fixed the origins.

• GLWoodardGLWoodard Posts: 3,335
    edited December 1969

Real Fine 59!

girl_next_door.jpg
    1900 x 1068 - 559K
    edited December 1969

betsy662 said:
    Real Fine 59!

Real fine!

edited December 1969

John Sims said:
    I was doing a job for a Ford dealership recently and needed a Ford to act as a render prop. I found a freebie Ford Focus ST which I think was ripped out of a game, but I don't know.

The mesh is non contiguous in some areas so I haven't been able to use a Turbo smooth. As a result haven't decided whether to increase the resolution of the current mesh, where needed, or work out the issues where the mesh falls apart when turbo smoothed.

Very much a Work in Progress but, given time, I think it could be a pretty cool asset.

Looks good here. Weld vertices, recalculate normals. Lower poly count perhaps?

edited February 2014

Renolace said:
    Here's a nostalgic concept car called V8 Helmet, I thought this was really cool and I don't go for concept cars much. You can get it here,
    http://xiiid.deviantart.com/art/V8-Helmet-3D-Model-OBJ-349352795t
    It is extremely heavy almost 3 million polys, lol. My computer barely handled it.

I downloaded this and imported it into Daz 3.0. I used the silo import select then had to scale it down to 0.50. Silo is the smallest import select. Then move to floor and rotate it. One thing here...it has NO MATERIAL ZONES, so it is useless to Daz users. I will open the original .max file and see if I can apply mat zones.

The author has given permission to "use it as you wish", so if you feel like uploading an .obj copy with zones, anyone, I think that would be ok by him.

EDIT: Whew...with 1451 objects it would be almost impossible to make MAT zones for this monster. So many objects, I can hardly select each one without major zooming. This would take forever. No wonder it is such a big file. WOW!

After re-exporting it as an .obj file from Max, it then has only 4 MAT zones. Each called "select" then a number 1-4. Tire treads, windows, headlight glass, and the rest is together as one including the wirewheels and sides of the tires. No good.

The new .obj export comes in at 293 megabytes. Way way to big.

I gave up...lol.

:cheese:

• none01ohonenone01ohone Posts: 862
    edited December 1969

@Renolace

That car is a bit of a monster, in more than one way. lol.
    Nice render.
    I've decimated it down to 1.5M using Meshlab as I don't think my pc with it's 8Gig ram would cope well otherwise. I've tried reducing it down further, but it bugs out when I try to convert it to quads. Although using meshlab I lose the separate parts of the tree structure anyway.

@John

Nice work so far, winds me up when I try out a car which is 99% complete.

@music

I've loaded the car into Blender and it has loads of small component parts. It's something I've mentioned in another post about DS not
    maintaining any tree structure of loaded obj's. Instead it merges surfaces together, guess the fact that it had no mtl file didn't help.
    To maintain the parts I've tried Wendy's advice about loading an obj into Hexagon and sending it to DS which sotra works but then I wanted to
    split it into separate component parts.

@artd3D

Thanks for the heads up about the link, had me scratching my head as I didn't remove the t at first.

@music / Renolace

Nice pickup renders, I'll have to give them a go.

@Betsy

Nice 59, I like the way your cars come accompanied. :-)
    Love the Jag.

@Tramp

Really nice wip there, wish I had your Hexagon skills.

I'm always re energized to start another auto render when I visit this post. Cheers guys.

edited December 1969

music2u4u said:

Looks good here. Weld vertices, recalculate normals. Lower poly count perhaps?

The normals are actually very good as are a a lot of the UV groups which helps. There is also a lot of depth of detail although difficult to get to because it all exists as one object.

What is causing me issues is, because it is built of triangles not quads, some of the vertices have multiple edges converging on them coming from several different planes. 3DS Max doesn't like vertices with high numbers of intersections and splits these into several vertices which occupy the same space. You cant weld them because of this and applying a turbo smooth just pulls them away from each other creating a dent or hole in the surface :-(

Despite adding a standard smoother there is a lot of faceting which turbo smooth would kill hence I either have to sort out the areas where the mesh pulls apart of increase the mesh resolution where faceting is apparent.

This discussion has been closed.