DIM won't install Heilong outfit textures

DIM just won't install Heilong outfit textures, I have retried downloading, is it just me?

I can try manually grabbing the zip otherwise but want to know if it is some issue I just have or a general one

Comments

• felisfelis Posts: 3,722

I am getting the same: Install failed

• fastbike1fastbike1 Posts: 4,074

No problems for me.

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,888

yeah the absence of posts suggests it's more localised, guess I need to buy something else tomorrow and try that cheeky

then start troubleshooting my setup

I tried again to download, but still failed.

Then I tried to do a manual download and install, but then I get an copy error 0x80004005.

I then first unpacked the files and then copied them in, and could then find them in the content library. But trying to apply the textures didn't work.

yes I get missing files too sad

Capture.JPG
    661 x 390 - 34K

there is no texture folder in the unzipped file under runtime just support files and the other files and icons for loading in the people genesis 8 female clothing  -cynderblue-  subfolder

• Add me to the "Installation Failed" list for this product.  Hope it gets fixed.

manually downloaded and no textures in folder

Fastbike and most the others must have downloaded an earlier version maybe? 

I submitted a ticket

edited March 2019

still cannot install this deleted from DIM and redownloaded

is there some cache for downloads I need to clear?

I know in the past corrupt downloads of installers created some sort of cache

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
  • NorthOf45NorthOf45 Posts: 5,263

No matter how you get the file (DIM or manual), there are 130 Header errors when tested with 7-Zip. WinRAR doesn't complain, but cannot extract the files. It can, however, repair the archive so that the contents can be extracted. Tried it manually (in a separate test library) and everything loads with no ill effect (just one missing file for an environmental reflection map for the 3DL Black Overdress, but that was probably left over from development). Probably just needs to be re-packed.

it works for others so I think cloudflare has cached ours somehow

am giving it a few days then add more to my support ticket

• As far as I know Cloudflare is not involved in content downloads. However, Connect and, I think, DIM do use a CDN so it is possible for diferent people to be accessing different servers.

As far as I know Cloudflare is not involved in content downloads. However, Connect and, I think, DIM do use a CDN so it is possible for diferent people to be accessing different servers.

the zip from manual DL I know can corrupt and persist if it stopped before complete and clearing my cookies may help so may if have to try that but DIM is what stumps me and I really did not want to manually add it

• fastbike1fastbike1 Posts: 4,074
    edited March 2019

@Wendy_Carrara

@felis

I downloaded via DIM on the day the outfit appeared in the store. However I just manually downloaded today as a test. I've attached a screenshot of the zip file. You can see the structure and the textures.

Capture.PNG
    1564 x 777 - 250K
    Post edited by fastbike1 on

Thanks fastbike1; but I think there is a misunderstanding.

At least for me I was talking about the texture add-on

https://www.daz3d.com/dforce-heilong-outfit-textures

The set itself downloads fine.

yes I have the set too, it's the texture addon giving grief

• ALLIEKATBLUEALLIEKATBLUE Posts: 2,962
    edited March 2019

Just tried it today download failed and cannot unzip to install manually

Connect installs it but the textures are screwy

Post edited by ALLIEKATBLUE on
  • CO3DRCO3DR Posts: 157
    edited March 2019

I am also unable to use DIM to install the product:

dForce Heilong Outfit Textures

by @CynderBlue

Right Mouse Click on the product in the Ready to Install tab, and Show Product Files is blank.

When I manually try to unzip the file, I get a lot of:

Error 0x80004005: Unspecified error

on the files in the zip.

Everything points to this zip file having been built badly.

To clarify, the product "dForce Heilong Outfit for Genesis 8 Female(s)" installs fine with DIM, and includes its own materials. The DIM problem is with the other product named above.

Post edited by CO3DR on
  • ALLIEKATBLUEALLIEKATBLUE Posts: 2,962
    Me too. Did you put in a ticket? I did and so far no response. Everyone having problems should report
  • Carola OCarola O Posts: 3,823

I ended up returning the texture add on, since the textures were simply unusable when installed through Connect only. I'm sad that there is so much problem with it though, as the textures look lovely

Me too. Did you put in a ticket? I did and so far no response. Everyone having problems should report

Yes, and I also reached out to @CynderBlue but I don't know whose responsibility it is now.

• CynderBlueCynderBlue Posts: 37
    edited March 2019

Hey All,

Just got a message about an error with this, sorry all im having the same issue with the DIM Installer too.. I belive this is an issue with how Daz has packaged it or other related problem and im sure they will sort it as soon as they are made aware. Sorry for anyone that is having issues with the download, if i could help i would.

CBx

Post edited by CynderBlue on

DIM found and installed an updated version for me minutes ago

I just got an email from support saying it should be fixed now yes