March 2019 - Daz 3D New User Challenge - Posing

13»

Comments

• NecriseyeNecriseye Posts: 44
    edited March 2019

I think I will chime in with this contest as well.
    Click on the image to download the full size.

DanceOfTheSilentElfOpt.jpg
    1000 x 1500 - 630K
    dancer-2471026_960_720.jpg
    480 x 720 - 45K
    Post edited by Necriseye on
  • bastian2560bastian2560 Posts: 81
    edited March 2019

my final.

Lora_endpoint_5.jpg
    900 x 972 - 1M
    Post edited by bastian2560 on
  • sueyasueya Posts: 826

This is my final image.

Seatedgirlfinal.jpg
    844 x 675 - 70K
  • Final submissions....

777px-Hangle_Dangle.jpg
    777 x 600 - 73K
    Pose 1 Final.jpg
    800 x 618 - 442K
    acro-acro-yoga-architecture-1153854.jpg
    3888 x 2592 - 2M
    Pose 2 Final.jpg
    800 x 533 - 344K
  • DAZ_ann0314DAZ_ann0314 Posts: 2,815
    edited March 2019
    Angelik M said:

Hi, everyone... thanks for the suggestions about the rendering process @dragoneyes002 (I didn't know about the qualities dialswink) and @Linwelly (cheeky the karate-warrior like pose!)... I felt in love with the pic, particularly because it looked like a puzzle and conveys so much beauty in the trusting entanglement... smiley

this is where I've come so far... Now I feel it is worth to share and to point at critiques (they will be very much appreciated!)... As I told before, there were many many many things to arrange about my first attempt... like the merging of some of the figures' parts, the clothing (it was primarily the V4 autofit satin red dress-smoothing that was causing all of that delay in the rendering, so I changed her clothes for the helix one!), yesh: both figures needed morphing, perhaps they still need quite fit and toning in their muscles...surpriseuhmmm.... wondering again if it is about our ability to 'copy' the original pose or our creativity in using the actual pose to make it our own (wondering, because the way I'm doing it right now puts me a little bit down cheeky )... her face might also need a little twist and their skin color-lighting might need some extra care... I looooove the flow of the ActivePose tool... didn't know about this either... yet in the tutorial, it seems different wink(DAZ is quite intuitive, this is why I like it I guess!)... Edited: I'm using G8 figures btw!

Contest March 01e_3

My main doubt is about the shadows though, because:

Q shadows (sorry for the sign, don't understand why it is appearing!)

Interesting choices, everyone... not quite sure what to suggest yet (don't believe I can add anything to what had been already said... (my apologies)

Thanks in advance... have a beautiful challenge, everyone!

PS. Oooooopsy, almost forgot to attach the images... In case you are curious... I'm attaching a view from the other side (not a rendered one though)wink

@Angelik M On the lighting...there is definiitely light coming from the back *you can see it on the hair as well* which is what is casting your shadows forward. I would check from top view and be sure there isnt anything else in there. If there is definitely not then could it be that you have the Headlamp turned on on the Camera? To check, click the Camera in the scene tab, go to headlamp and then be sure Headlamp Mode is set to Off (generally a good habit it get into for rendering anyway since the headlamp will control some of your lighting/shadows and turning it off ensure only light you put into the scene is lighting said scene.)

If that isnt what is casting the light and you are rendering in Iray, then check your environment rotation. That also can cast light at different points depending on the photo being used. To try rotating that to see if it resolves the issue, go to the Render Settings Tab and then gp tp Environment and then incremementally change Dome Rotation. (Try going by like 30 to 50 at a time - so like type in 30 and check and then 60 and so on)

Hope that helps. Cant wait to see how this turns out smiley

Post edited by DAZ_ann0314 on
  • Updated my second pose, this is now the final version.  Changed the lighting slightly.

Pose 2 Final v2.jpg
    800 x 533 - 357K
  • AngelikMAngelikM Posts: 103
    edited April 2019

Hi everyone.

Hope I’m on time.

Busy, busy lovely month!

Here it is... it is called: “Sweet Entanglement “smiley

Will explain the process later... 

Congratulations everyone wink

P.S. (edit) Also posting the raw pose - a screenshot directly from DAZ (it is slightly different from the one I'm presenting... it is taking toooo much time to render this last one... anyways... I'm quite happy with the challenge and the results!)

Ooops, just remembered! Postwork (making the part of the cloth that is different from the reference image) and background in CSP wink

Pose Contest 01c.jpg
    1203 x 827 - 341K
    raw pose.jpg
    858 x 551 - 157K
    Post edited by AngelikM on
  • LinwellyLinwelly Posts: 5,795

this challenge is now closed,

thanks everybody for participating!

• AngelikMAngelikM Posts: 103
    Angelik M said:

Hi, everyone... thanks for the suggestions about the rendering process @dragoneyes002 (I didn't know about the qualities dialswink) and @Linwelly (cheeky the karate-warrior like pose!)... I felt in love with the pic, particularly because it looked like a puzzle and conveys so much beauty in the trusting entanglement... smiley

this is where I've come so far... Now I feel it is worth to share and to point at critiques (they will be very much appreciated!)... As I told before, there were many many many things to arrange about my first attempt... like the merging of some of the figures' parts, the clothing (it was primarily the V4 autofit satin red dress-smoothing that was causing all of that delay in the rendering, so I changed her clothes for the helix one!), yesh: both figures needed morphing, perhaps they still need quite fit and toning in their muscles...surpriseuhmmm.... wondering again if it is about our ability to 'copy' the original pose or our creativity in using the actual pose to make it our own (wondering, because the way I'm doing it right now puts me a little bit down cheeky )... her face might also need a little twist and their skin color-lighting might need some extra care... I looooove the flow of the ActivePose tool... didn't know about this either... yet in the tutorial, it seems different wink(DAZ is quite intuitive, this is why I like it I guess!)... Edited: I'm using G8 figures btw!

Contest March 01e_3

My main doubt is about the shadows though, because:

Q shadows (sorry for the sign, don't understand why it is appearing!)

Interesting choices, everyone... not quite sure what to suggest yet (don't believe I can add anything to what had been already said... (my apologies)

Thanks in advance... have a beautiful challenge, everyone!

PS. Oooooopsy, almost forgot to attach the images... In case you are curious... I'm attaching a view from the other side (not a rendered one though)wink

@Angelik M On the lighting...there is definiitely light coming from the back *you can see it on the hair as well* which is what is casting your shadows forward. I would check from top view and be sure there isnt anything else in there. If there is definitely not then could it be that you have the Headlamp turned on on the Camera? To check, click the Camera in the scene tab, go to headlamp and then be sure Headlamp Mode is set to Off (generally a good habit it get into for rendering anyway since the headlamp will control some of your lighting/shadows and turning it off ensure only light you put into the scene is lighting said scene.)

If that isnt what is casting the light and you are rendering in Iray, then check your environment rotation. That also can cast light at different points depending on the photo being used. To try rotating that to see if it resolves the issue, go to the Render Settings Tab and then gp tp Environment and then incremementally change Dome Rotation. (Try going by like 30 to 50 at a time - so like type in 30 and check and then 60 and so on)

Hope that helps. Cant wait to see how this turns out smiley

Thanks for the note on lighting @DAZ_ann0314 smiley

I’m reading it calmly today (while scrolling through the posts).  I even turned off the camera auto lighting to see where was this light coming from and if I could delete it LOL... anyways, as there was (as far as I know) no tangible solution, I thought that rotating the figures could help (before falling into deep sleep last night) and now I’m reading your comment cheeky, wish I could have given myself some more time to do so a little bit earlier... anyways I appreciate the input!

Big mystery to solvesurprise... curious about it... probably simpler than it seems... 

off I go... will post about my process when I have some spare time (don't know when now)...smiley

• DAZ_ann0314DAZ_ann0314 Posts: 2,815

March 2019

Showcased Participants for the March Posing Challenge

Go with the Flow

Given to the person who created a pose or group of poses that seems to show fluidity in movement.

For those reasons we have selected Necriseye to showcase

This image has been resized to fit in the page. Click to enlarge.

Everyday eMotion
    Given to the person who created a natural looking everyday pose or group of poses.

The New User we felt best showed that this month was bastian2560

Interaction and Reaction
    Given to the person who created a pose or group of poses that showed interaction between multiple people or objects that seemed natural.

The New User we felt best showcased that this month was Shack

New User Welcome

dragoneyes002

Necriseye.jpg
    1600 x 2400 - 741K
    bastian2560.jpg
    900 x 972 - 114K
    Shack.jpg
    720 x 720 - 42K
    dragoneyes002.jpg
    3840 x 2160 - 490K