How big?

RuphussRuphuss Posts: 2,631
edited December 1969 in New Users

Is there an easy way to see how big an object is in dazstudio
any kind of measuring System?

Comments

• srieschsriesch Posts: 4,241
    edited December 1969

I think there are rulers/measuring devices available somewhere, and I think the grid is in a certain number of meter-long dividions. You can simply create a cube primtivie, and specify it to be however tall you want, like 1 meter, and then you have a 2-meter measuring stick in your sceene you can set up against other objects. Or make it 3 meters with 30 divisiions, then each division will be a decimeter. Or use feet instead of meters.

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

This is on ShareCG : http://www.sharecg.com/v/71852/?interstitial_displayed=Yes A measuring Wall .

• macleanmaclean Posts: 2,438
    edited October 2013

There was a free utility for Daz Studio called 'SizeOf'. I have the link to Richard Haseltine's list of free scripts, but it's for the old forum and doesn't seem to work. Here it is anyway.

http://forumarchive.daz3d.com/viewtopic.php?t=42376

If anyone can get that page or has a new link to DS freebies, it's there somewhere. All you do is select an object and click the script, and it gives you a full readout of its dimensions.

Edit - The grid system in DS is measured in 1 meter squares and all measurements in the Parameter pane are in centimeters. One way of measuring heights is to create a 1 meter cube, then use Yscale to raise/lower the cube height to match the figure/object (use the Front camera for this). Say it's a figure and the cube height is 170%, that means the figure is 1.70cm high.

mac

Post edited by maclean on
  • RuphussRuphuss Posts: 2,631
    edited December 1969

so it seems no measuring System in dazstudio
    would be nice to have such an Option under Szene Info maybe
    more and more i see there are some simple things just not implemented
    always alot of Workarounds here and there
    but thx for trying to help