Save camera position in scene in DS

TaozTaoz Posts: 9,714
edited December 1969 in The Commons

How do you save a scene in DS so it opens with the same camera position as when it was saved?

Comments

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

Make sure the camera is a real camera, not just the Perspective View.

• TaozTaoz Posts: 9,714
    edited December 1969

Yes, that works. Thanks!

• DZ_jaredDZ_jared Posts: 1,316
    edited December 1969

File-->Save As-->Camera(s) Preset

• dholmdholm Posts: 115
    edited December 1969

How does one make it a real camera? Is there a video that I can watch that will show me how it is done?

• murgatroyd314murgatroyd314 Posts: 1,431
    edited December 1969

dholm said:
    How does one make it a real camera? Is there a video that I can watch that will show me how it is done?

If you have the view you want using Perspective View, and want to make a real camera with the exact same settings:
    Create menu > New Camera...
    Select Apply Active Viewport Transforms under Options.
    edited October 2013

DAZ_jared said:
    File-->Save As-->Camera(s) Preset

But that only saves the camera presets for the current scene in a separate file, doesn't it?

Post edited by Taoz on
  • JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Nope, the saved Camera will always load as it was saved, in any scene you load it in.

edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    Nope, the saved Camera will always load as it was saved, in any scene you load it in.

Yes, but what I meant was that this (I assume) will save the presets in a separate file you have to load separately after loading the scene. What I want is having the camera presets included in the scene file.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,219
    edited December 1969

The scene will include the cameras, but not he perspective or other views.

edited December 1969

Not sure what you mean? If you add a camera and it's selected when you save the scene, the perspective of that camera will be saved and the scene will open from that perspective next time.

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

Taozen said:

Not sure what you mean? If you add a camera and it's selected when you save the scene, the perspective of that camera will be saved and the scene will open from that perspective next time.

If it's a camera it will be saved, if you just use the Perspective or other views (front, back. etc.) it will not be saved.

edited October 2013

Taozen said:

If it's a camera it will be saved, if you just use the Perspective or other views (front, back. etc.) it will not be saved.

Yes - I think I misunderstood Richard, thought he meant the camera perspectives/positions/whatever wouldn't be saved.

Post edited by Taoz on
    edited December 1969

So with my problem every time I use the cellar to make a scene it will not load with my nose to the wall but I will be able to load inside of it. The the other one is a motel set with my nose right in front. of the door. They is the way I bought and downloaded both. opening view is too close to the wall/door.

• macleanmaclean Posts: 2,438
    edited October 2013

When you open Daz Studio, there's already a set of cameras there. Perspective, Front, Back, etc. These aren't 'real' cameras in the sense that they're not savable, and they don't have many settings you can adjust. With every new scene, they reset themselves to default settings, and are really only used to find your way about the scene and see what's going on.

A created camera is a different thing altogether. It has the full range of settings - XYZ trans/rot.scale, plus Perspective, Focal Length, Depth-of-field, etc, and it can be saved, either on its own or as part of the scene. If you save a created camera, then reload it (or reload the scene it was saved with), and look through it, you'll see exactly what you saw when you saved it.

My Cameras & Lights tutorial explains it all. It was written for an older version of DS, but all the basics are still the same.

http://digilander.libero.it/maclean/DStutorial.htm

mac

Post edited by maclean on
  • macleanmaclean Posts: 2,438
    edited December 1969

dholm said:
    So with my problem every time I use the cellar to make a scene it will not load with my nose to the wall but I will be able to load inside of it. The the other one is a motel set with my nose right in front. of the door. They is the way I bought and downloaded both. opening view is too close to the wall/door.

Are you talking about my products? The Cellar and The Hotel Room? Neither of these products include cameras, and all large scenes look like this when they first open, becuase you're seeing them through the default camera.

What you can do in Daz Studio is open the scenes, add your own cameras, then resave the scenes. Next time you open them, just select your camera(s) from the dropdown camera menu.

mac

edited December 1969

Thank you Mac for the link and info. I use the Cellar and the Hotel Room a lot as I feel that they were made for beginners to like me. What I love the best is I can open the windows and curtain and with my lighting set my way the Cellar is just a little old and creepy. I hope to spend time today learning about cameras and lights.