SciFi City Dome

AllenArtAllenArt Posts: 7,140
edited February 2019 in Freebies

SciFi City Dome

This prop is not suitable for close renders and is intended to be used in the distance.

Included:
A damaged dome material set for Iray (in case you have a storm of meteors or something...lol)
An intact dome material set for Iray
The dome (any buildings, figures or landscapes shown in promos are NOT included)
Templates
Readme

Made an image using a dome and fudged it with some primitives then decided it would be something I'd use again, so I made one. Pffft! LOL

Damaged-Dome-Render.jpg
951 x 618 - 134K
Intact-Dome-Render.jpg
951 x 618 - 135K
SciFi-Dome.jpg
300 x 300 - 42K
Post edited by AllenArt on

Comments

• AllenArtAllenArt Posts: 7,140
    edited February 2019

Got a problem ATM...for whatever reason ShareCG isn't showing the download link for this freebie...*sigh*. It's always something....

Edit: Ok, not sure what the problem was but it seems to be working now.

Laurie

Post edited by AllenArt on
  • SixDsSixDs Posts: 2,384

Thanks, Laurie.

So when are we going to get these domed cities, anyway? I've been waiting since I was a kid. (a that was a looong time ago) smiley

This freebie was updated yesterday...just a head's up :)

Laurie

• manekiNekomanekiNeko Posts: 1,395
    AllenArt said:

SciFi City Dome

This prop is not suitable for close renders and is intended to be used in the distance.

Included:
    A damaged dome material set for Iray (in case you have a storm of meteors or something...lol)
    The dome (any buildings, figures or landscapes shown in promos are NOT included)
    Templates
    Readme

Made an image using a dome and fudged it with some primitives then decided it would be something I'd use again, so I made one. Pffft! LOL

looks great! thanks a lot for sharing ^^

and ehh.. why is it not supposed to be used for close renders? (i don't even think you can get an interesting part of a city this size into a close render anyway, but just out of curiosity)

AllenArt said:

SciFi City Dome

Included:
    Templates
    Readme

and ehh.. why is it not supposed to be used for close renders? (i don't even think you can get an interesting part of a city this size into a close render anyway, but just out of curiosity)

Because it was quick and dirty ;)

Laurie

• manekiNekomanekiNeko Posts: 1,395
    AllenArt said:
    AllenArt said:

SciFi City Dome

Included:
    Templates
    Readme

Because it was quick and dirty ;)

Laurie

aww it's not that bad. anyways i don't see the point of making a close shot of a square meter of grassy texture XD. and i'd use it with "real" grass or something on top of the ground texture anyways. thanks a lot, i have a thing for snow globes and such - especially with this awesome crack! now... maybe you just inspired me for a snowman city.. hmm.. ^^