Scifi Egyptian Outfit For Gen 8 Female and Male [Commercial]

acharyapolinaacharyapolina Posts: 726
edited February 2019 in Art Studio

Hi, so here are a few renders of a product I am currently working on.

Scifi Egyptian Outfit For Gen 8 Female and Male. This is only the Female outfit so far. she will have three different helmets and three different texture material presets, so will the male outfit. I might be making them seperate products. This is only the first outfit.

It is the Goddess outfit of Bast The Cat Goddess and solar deity of Egypt.

Any comments or critiques are most welcome. thanks

Scene1.jpg
1414 x 2000 - 474K
Scene1A.jpg
1414 x 2000 - 147K
Scene1B.jpg
1414 x 2000 - 315K
Post edited by Cris Palomino on

Comments

• LinwellyLinwelly Posts: 5,795

This is looking really nice, though I never understand the need to make these rings around female breasts, thats why I often buy only the male version and fit it to the female ...

• hmmm. good point.

• So a new update. I took Linwelly's sugestion and changed the outfit so there are no more cirlcles around her breasts. It was a good sugestion. Here are the updated results.

new test800.jpg
    1414 x 2000 - 148K
    new test8002.jpg
    1414 x 2000 - 140K
  • Oso3DOso3D Posts: 14,886

Looks really nice and I like the change.

• Carola OCarola O Posts: 3,823

I like that change too, very nice outfit :)

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

Looks great!

• +1 to the change, it has made the outfit look classier.

Cool! I like it this way, gives more attention to the gadgets the siut has, and gives her the air of being a serious opponent.

You could add the typical old egyptian eye "makeup" in that golden colour to the helmet ;)

• HylasHylas Posts: 4,767

Love the concept! More should be done with ancient Egyptian culture!

However, I think I'd like it more if the suit had more visual references to ancient Egyptian culture. Right now, aside from the helmet, it's really just a futuristic jumpsuit. A nice one to be sure, but not particularly unique.

Needless to say, this is just a very subjective opinion. Cheers!

• Circle-less cleavage gets my vote! Always particularly helpful when using non-human or robotic characters which use G8F as a base figure and need the 'breasts gone' morph dialled in.

• Hi Hylas, Yes your comment is true, I think the outfit would be much better if it were a bit more Egyptian in style. So this is what I have come up with, and I think it looks even better.

Thank you all for your great help and Ideas.

New design.jpg
    1414 x 2000 - 569K
  • frankrblowfrankrblow Posts: 2,052

I agree that the suit looks much better without the circles.

• RedfernRedfern Posts: 1,579
    Hylas said:

Love the concept! More should be done with ancient Egyptian culture!

However, I think I'd like it more if the suit had more visual references to ancient Egyptian culture. Right now, aside from the helmet, it's really just a futuristic jumpsuit. A nice one to be sure, but not particularly unique.

Needless to say, this is just a very subjective opinion. Cheers!

Since Acharyapolina seems open to feedback, I'll toss in a pair of coppers.  The one element that makes me immediately think "Ancient Egypt" is the "pectoral collar"  worn by royalty.  (Well, that and the cobra hooded headdress like that of Tut's famous death mask.)  Given the cat head is a helmet, the shoulder wide collar could have the practical function as the sealing ring for the helmet.  It need not be as detailed as the real life collars with all their beads, precious stone settings and "scales", but just maintain the general outline.

Sincerely,

Bill

• good idea bill, :)

• jedijuddjedijudd Posts: 606

Looks very nice

• So i took Redfern or Bills sugestion and here is the result. I think she looks even better. I probably will start work on the other outfits now.

Thank you everyone for your great comments. they truly help make things better. :)

New design-with new helmet1.jpg
    1414 x 2000 - 142K
    New design-with new helmet2.jpg
    1414 x 2000 - 149K
  • manekiNekomanekiNeko Posts: 1,395

So i took Redfern or Bills sugestion and here is the result. I think she looks even better. I probably will start work on the other outfits now.

Thank you everyone for your great comments. they truly help make things better. :)

now it looks awesome! adding more egyptian details was the way to go ^^

also i agree about the no breast circles in general. i often fit female stuff to my male figures, and while autofit etc helps loose the gender typical look, the breast gimmicks look often ridiculous  ~

• So this is what I have created for the Snake outfit called Wadjet - A snake Goddess who was the Patron of Lower Egypt.

Snake Outfit.jpg
    1414 x 2000 - 142K
    Snake Outfit2.jpg
    1414 x 2000 - 143K
  • An update on the textures. I was thinking the new outfit needed a bit more details. so here is the update.

Snake Outfit.jpg
    1414 x 2000 - 162K
    Snake Outfit2.jpg
    1414 x 2000 - 173K

Yes, that is what I was thinking, a snake godess reference need something with scales :D

• Linwelly, I love your work on Taiduo. Its great that you tell a story with the images. :)

It may be too far along in the modeling process to alter it now, but I wonder if the "hood" for the cobra inspired helmet might be revised? 

Right now you have something akin to a concave "dish" totally surrounding the serpentine mask.  But with actual cobras, the flaired "hood" tapers, merging into the skull.  Yes, I realize this is meant to be an abstract design incorporated into a high tech helmet.  You're close, and the snake "face" itself is quite imposing.

Take a took at these two product by RawArt, morphs sets giving cobra-like attributes to base human meshes.

https://www.daz3d.com/queen-cobra-hd

https://www.daz3d.com/cobra-king-hd

See how the upper rim of the hood merges into the brow ridge?  Ademittedly, this is slightly different with actual cobras, but when merging the themes of serpent with evolved primate, a popular compromise is to blend the hood into the browline.  Taping the bottom edge at the bottom of the neck might also help.

Of course, it's easy for an armchair schmuck like me to make these suggestions; I'm not the one actually doing the modeling.  I wouldn't blame you for thinking, "Aww, just 'shove it'!"

Sincerely,

Bill

• acharyapolinaacharyapolina Posts: 726
    edited February 2019

It is a very good observation Bill and I thank you for it! I will look into revising the hood a bit because I honestly think it could be better then it is. :D

Post edited by acharyapolina on
  • Carola OCarola O Posts: 3,823

I love what I see, and is eagerly following the thread :) 

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,689

You got me at sci-fi and Egyptian!  I love that mix!

• Hi Bill, so here is the change I made to the Snake helmet and you are right, the change is much better, thank you so much for your input. :)

Snake Outfit2-new.jpg
    1414 x 2000 - 176K
    group.jpg
    3997 x 2000 - 568K
  • GreybroGreybro Posts: 2,476

Loving what you've got going!

Linwelly, I love your work on Taiduo. Its great that you tell a story with the images. :)

Thank you so much! I'm glad that you like it

The new snake helmet is way cool! that a big improvement, I would like to see how it looks from behind

Now THAT'S a cobra!

Don't feel your previous design is wasted, however.  That can serve as the starting point for a Meso-American motif, one loosely based upon the feathered snake god, Quetzalcoatl.  The "dish" of the earlier sculpt can serve as the base "frill" with feather or leaf shaped elements radiating from it.

Anyway, you made dang quick work of that!  Impressive!

Sincerely,

Bill