Have the ability to zoom out in the render window

Please make a feature where when you render and the render window comes up you can zoom out. This would be helpful for when you render very high resolution images.

Comments

• jestmartjestmart Posts: 4,449

Would that even be possible while the image is rendering (maybe since you can pan the image)?

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,557
    jestmart said:

Would that even be possible while the image is rendering (maybe since you can pan the image)?

I know it's possible in the iray interactive preview since I use it all the time and rotate and zoom all over the place while in that mode. I guess if DS ever gets real time rendering like some game engines are getting then it might be a possibility.

• Agreed. Would like to have the ability to zoom the render window in or out during a rendering operation.

• watchdog79watchdog79 Posts: 1,026

Well, it would be a very useful feature.

Some errors can only be spotted when one can zoom in or out of the rendered image. It would be a great time saver, since one would be able to spot problems very quickly, rather than wait for the render to finish.

• I've been looking for this features too

• IsaacNewtonIsaacNewton Posts: 1,300

+1

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,810

Octane can do it so I see no reason iray it's self couldn't 

I suspect it's a limitation of DAZ studio 

• macleanmaclean Posts: 2,438

I would be quite happy if the render window would open at a proper size within the UI itself, rather than me having to repeatedly drag top, bottom and sides out to get rid of the scroll bars.

• A possible workaround: I got most of the way there by changing display settings in my OS (Windows) .  My apps were scaled by 150%, and it may have been the default.

But I also am interested in having zoom there.

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 9,452
    maclean said:

I would be quite happy if the render window would open at a proper size within the UI itself, rather than me having to repeatedly drag top, bottom and sides out to get rid of the scroll bars.

Easy fix... Get three monitors and you can let the the viewport have one completely to itself, you can move the render window to another and do something else on the third while watching the rendering do it's magic.

• +1.

that doesn't quite fix it when you're rendering really big, too.

• The render window is a display of the copy of the latest step of the rendered image in memory. It seems unlikely that the image displayed couldn't be zoomed in - after all it's simply a copy that's being displayed, not the actual one being worked on. If it was the one being worked on you'd see the render display changing throughout every iteration rather than once every few iterations.

Anyway, the render progress display window must be running in its own thread otherwise it wouldn't be able to react to scrolling from side to side, so the additional overhead from zooming in would be negligible, and on my PC the cpu never exceeds 25% during a render even though the gpu is 100%, so there is 75% capacity left for the zooming etc on the render display window.

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,810

Octane can do it

• I use Windows Magnifier for this. It zooms in really nicely so you can see if you still have noise in small dark areas.