DAZ 4.6 & Mac OSX Mavericks

RuthvenRuthven Posts: 631
edited December 1969 in The Commons

Hello! Today has been released the new upgrade of Mac operating system. Is DAZ 4.6 already compatible or do we have to wait? I'm very curious to try the new operating system, but I'm using Daz a lot lately and I don't wanto to find out that it doesn't work with Mavericks, I'd rather wait to upgrade until the release of a compatible version.

Thanks

Comments

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,385
    edited December 1969

Being as it just released today I'm not sure anyone knows the answer to that.

• nemesis10nemesis10 Posts: 3,261
    edited December 1969

Mavericks seems to work fine for me; granted I just just have Daz Studio Pro and Carrara Pro

• MBuschMBusch Posts: 547
    edited December 1969

DS 4.6 runs like a charm with Mavericks! There are no problems at all.

• TotteTotte Posts: 13,510
    edited October 2013

DS 4.6 runs like a charm, so does Carrara 8.5, and DIM too.

Post edited by Totte on
  • none_8543none_8543 Posts: 27
    edited October 2013

Working great, upgraded to Mavericks over the top of Mountain Lion with DAZ 4.6 Pro already installed

Post edited by none_8543 on
  • RuthvenRuthven Posts: 631
    edited December 1969

Great! Thanks to you all!

• Kevin RyeKevin Rye Posts: 392
    edited December 1969

Sweet. I was dying to know too. I'm upgrading the minute I get home from work.

• PeriastronPeriastron Posts: 44
    edited December 1969

Since upgrading to Mavericks, DS no longer remembers which folder I used last. Every time I perform a file operation, I'm back in my Documents folder and have to navigate back to where I was (a folder on another volume altogether). I did not have this problem before; after upgrading both my iMac and my MBP, this behaviour is now identically broken on each.

• Kevin RyeKevin Rye Posts: 392
    edited December 1969

I'm happy to report that DS works in 10.9 for me. However, I am also experiencing the annoying "folder not remembered" thing.

I did get it to crash when I moved it from one desktop to the other in Mission Control, but I couldn't repeat it.

Another thing I noticed, and I don't know if it's just the nature of the scene I was working on, but it seems to render wicked fast. It's a full 1080p render with Advanced Ambient light and 2 Advanced Spotlights. Usually a scene this large would take me at east 30 minutes to render with the current settings, but now it renders in minutes. As a note, this is the first scene I've made on Mavericks and the first scene I've made with the new Advanced Spotlight. So I don't know if it's that alone that's speeding up the render time.

I think I'll put the regular DS spotlights in and see if it slows down. The I'll know if it's the Advanced Spotlight or 10.9 that's making the difference.

• MBuschMBusch Posts: 547
    edited December 1969

Misfire said:
    Since upgrading to Mavericks, DS no longer remembers which folder I used last. Every time I perform a file operation, I'm back in my Documents folder and have to navigate back to where I was (a folder on another volume altogether). I did not have this problem before; after upgrading both my iMac and my MBP, this behavior is now identically broken on each.

Hum, I need to tell that I experimenting the “folder not remembered” thing as well, but in a random fashion. Sometimes it works fine, sometimes no. Sometimes neither "Default Folder X" makes easy go back to the last folder used.

• Geminii23Geminii23 Posts: 1,327
    edited December 1969

I am in final stages of my installation. I chose to do a clean install of Mavericks so that my original Snow Leopard drive is still on hand should things go wrong. So far all apps I have installed are working great. I just installed DIM and am trying to get things all setup. It wants to re-download everything though. My Library is stored on a separate hard drive, but I tried pointing DIM to this and it looks like I need to download and install everything again.

Anyone else experienced this?

• namffuaknamffuak Posts: 4,063
    edited October 2013

Geminii23 said:
    I am in final stages of my installation. I chose to do a clean install of Mavericks so that my original Snow Leopard drive is still on hand should things go wrong. So far all apps I have installed are working great. I just installed DIM and am trying to get things all setup. It wants to re-download everything though. My Library is stored on a separate hard drive, but I tried pointing DIM to this and it looks like I need to download and install everything again.

Anyone else experienced this?

You need to point DIM at your download folder - use the gear icon to get to the configuration. Also you will need to copy from your other drive the folder DIM uses to track installation - I don't do MAC so I'm not sure where that would be . . . search the drive for 'InstallManager' - you're looking for the folder 'ManifestFiles'.

Post edited by namffuak on
  • MrWizard1024MrWizard1024 Posts: 51
    edited December 1969

Misfire said:
    Since upgrading to Mavericks, DS no longer remembers which folder I used last. Every time I perform a file operation, I'm back in my Documents folder and have to navigate back to where I was (a folder on another volume altogether). I did not have this problem before; after upgrading both my iMac and my MBP, this behaviour is now identically broken on each.

I am also having the same problem. I saw on Apple's site that some applications have this problem and others, apparently do not.

Luxrender does, for example.

MrWizard1024