mcjPushPullFacet V3 : perform facet surgery (movements ) right in Daz Studio!

mCasualmCasual Posts: 4,604
edited February 2019 in Freebies

Note: if you downloaded the first version of this script, you need to download

the current version if you want support for figures and subdivided surfaces.

You also need Version 3 and up of mcjCollider which is dated Feb 19, 2019, 2:37 AM

the plugin - https://sites.google.com/site/mcasualsdazscripts2/mcjcolliderds45

perform facet surgery (movements ) right in Daz Studio!

Create facet-morphs or facet-group-morphs right in Daz Studio!

mcjCollider plug-in required 

The Script ----> https://sites.google.com/site/mcasualsdazscripts9/mcjpushpullfacet

i recently got an antique Macbook, so i can start converting my PC-only plug-ins to Mac

and the first candidate was mcjColliderForDS45 

This lets my scripts "see" the facets

example : with mcjPushPullFacet you create an mcjCollider plugin node for the hat

you aim the cross-hairs at the facet you want to move

press a button and Bam you got a morph channel on the hat that lets you move that facet

or you press another button and this facet is added to a morph channel shared by other facets

ppull8.jpg
555 x 555 - 82K
ppull7.jpg
800 x 800 - 196K
ppull0.jpg
800 x 800 - 109K
ppull6.jpg
926 x 700 - 133K
ppull4.jpg
800 x 800 - 122K
Post edited by mCasual on

Comments

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,155
    edited February 2019

What direction does it push and pull? Along the facet normal direction? Is the answer to this question different if I combine several facets in one morph?

Edit: Does this work kind of like a Daz Studio Push Modifier?

Post edited by barbult on
  • mCasualmCasual Posts: 4,604
    edited February 2019
    along the normal of the facet based on the cross product of the first 2 edges of that facet note :i'll possibly post version 2 in a few minutes because morphs on figures, depending on where they are inserted in the sequence of morphs can really misbehave, so i have to make sure the script's morphs are the first else, when the figure changes pose, the facets will fly away
    not really but note that using mcjElevate and an all white image, you can inflate a whole figure

Edit: Does this work kind of like a Daz Studio Push Modifier?

edited February 2019

You also need Version 3 and up of mcjCollider which is dated Feb 19, 2019, 2:37 AM

OK, I already downloaded, but I'll wait and download again later.

edited February 2019

well the version you downloaded works for objects props and when you select the whole figure when you create the collider

the problem is when the collider is created for just the head for example

this doesnt affect mcjHatsAreTheFashionOfTheDay or mcjWrapABand

it's just that the collider doesnt correctly report the facet identifier, and mcjPushPullFacet version 1 is counting on it

so i'll make mcjPushPullFacet get the vertices of the facet from the collider's other reports

---

and i'll strongly suggest people get the upcoming version 3 of mcjCollider ( for future scripts )

barbult said:

alienette.jpg
    786 x 796 - 100K

barbult said:

I finally got this working. The step I was missing was reselecting the morph target object after parenting the collider to the camera.

Ont thing that threw me off was that the morph is created in the top level figure root, not in the bone I had selected, so I didn't see it at first. Here are 4 facets on the back of his head pulled out in a common morph.

4 facets morphed.jpg
    2000 x 1500 - 774K
    edited February 2019

i have to be careful in my scripts to not create morphs when the morphed object is subdivided because it really can scrap scene files making them never openable - tonight i'll post an old updated and upgraded script that can wrap an object with another object, usually a tube prop ... the script is mcjShrinkWrapA

barbult said:

Ont thing that threw me off was that the morph is created in the top level figure root, not in the bone I had selected, so I didn't see it at first. Here are 4 facets on the back of his head pulled out in a common morph.

wrap3.jpg
    617 x 999 - 325K
    edited February 2019

Look what I made with the hat fit script. I'm not sure exactly why it worked out the way it did, but it is pretty neat. I look forward to the shrink wrap script.That is kind of what I was trying to do here with a sphere as hair, hat-fit to the head. Some went inside the head at the eyes and nose for some reason. I hid the character and then I can see the mesh of the sphere that went inside..

Sphere on Head mcjFitHat_002 Gold Foil.jpg
    2000 x 1500 - 2M
    Gold Mask setup.JPG
    1472 x 1678 - 341K
    Gold Mask setup hatfit.JPG
    1344 x 1673 - 273K
    Post edited by barbult on
    the mcjcollider allows more than one object to be selected so you could add little spheres and planes to block holes, or select the head and 2 eyeballs

I selected the head and two eyes, and it actually sank in further. Does the ray shoot from inside the head and hits those internal eyes and declares collision?

Sphere on Head mcjFitHat head and eyes selected.jpg
    2000 x 1500 - 2M
    barbult said:

I selected the head and two eyes, and it actually sank in further. Does the ray shoot from inside the head and hits those internal eyes and declares collision?

edited February 2019
    mcjWrapABand has an option to collide at the closest or farthest collision point. The hat script only stops at the closest hit from the point of view of the center of the cut plane. This worked well for hair to cranium, but ... i could add the option yes could be useful for ears and eyes areas
    edited February 2019

i'm posted mcjHatsAreTheFashionOfTheDay version 4 on my site, it now has the "far hit' option

barbult said:

Look what I made with the hat fit script. I'm not sure exactly why it worked out the way it did, but it is pretty neat. I look forward to the shrink wrap script.That is kind of what I was trying to do here with a sphere as hair, hat-fit to the head. Some went inside the head at the eyes and nose for some reason. I hid the character and then I can see the mesh of the sphere that went inside..

allover.jpg
    800 x 800 - 71K