Realistic goat?

Hi all,

I am looking for a goat... not a toon goat or a human turned goat, but a normal goat, mountain goat, farm goat, it doesn't matter which.  I know there are some really hefty priced ones on some of the 3D sites, but I keep hoping there is one on one of the Daz type sites that doesn't cost an arm and a leg.  I feel like I'm missing something obvious because I can't find one, so I'm turning to you guys!

Thanks! cool

Comments

• Zethara said:

Hi all,

I am looking for a goat... not a toon goat or a human turned goat, but a normal goat, mountain goat, farm goat, it doesn't matter which.  I know there are some really hefty priced ones on some of the 3D sites, but I keep hoping there is one on one of the Daz type sites that doesn't cost an arm and a leg.  I feel like I'm missing something obvious because I can't find one, so I'm turning to you guys!

Thanks! cool

Some here for free http://www.lynescreations.com/lynefree23.htm

• beachlegs said:
    Zethara said:

Hi all,

Thanks! cool

Omigosh, thank you!!!! I had those at some point.. I just did a massive search of my external and my computer and couldn't find anything to do with goats.... Thank you so much! :D:D

• Zethara said:
    beachlegs said:
    Zethara said:

Hi all,

Thanks! cool

Omigosh, thank you!!!! I had those at some point.. I just did a massive search of my external and my computer and couldn't find anything to do with goats.... Thank you so much! :D:D

Your welcome :)

• Risk3DRisk3D Posts: 65

Thats gotta be the fastest goat hunt to date! I remember the good ol days when it'd takes weeks to find a goat...

• Thats gotta be the fastest goat hunt to date! I remember the good ol days when it'd takes weeks to find a goat...

. laugh These guys certainly show their age, but I just needed some for "G" because I'm going through the alphabet... I already have a goat man in the render...(And grapes...and what I think are geraniums) it's sort of crappy and ridiculous, but at least I'm having fun!

• Oso3DOso3D Posts: 14,888

Someone should make a Damascus goat!

(shudder)

• Phoenix1966Phoenix1966 Posts: 1,562

There's also this add-on for the Daz sheep, but not free.

• We need more animals in general, no kidding. Now if only there was a LAMH (look at my hair) plug in for the free goats .. But these will do nicely! Thanks for sharing!
  • I am betting Christopher Creek at HW3D is going to add a goat to his Mule deer base along with other animals

• beachlegs said:
    Zethara said:

Hi all,

Thanks! cool

Wow, Debbie & Phoenix, I have never seen these before. Thanks for the links! I too have looked for goats recently, but nothing ever caught my attention.
  • RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,146

It's being worked on Wendy.  First up will be the deer set.  Antlers are looking awesome! 

• sapatsapat Posts: 1,735

There's also this add-on for the Daz sheep, but not free.

Years ago it was offered for free in the forums. I have it from then. Also have a little shed for them. Not sure if that was part of the freebie or not.  Very nice conversion though.

• JOdelJOdel Posts: 6,252

I think the extra goat skins and shed may still be in the freebie thread (a long way back. I think I stumbled across them nearly a decade ago). But I'm pretty sure that the morph may have always been a commercial product.

• McGyverMcGyver Posts: 7,005

Years ago there was a great goat thread running here for a while... there was no goat available at the time and someone was looking for a goat... I think an artist named KempSparky or something like that came along and made one... The thread was kinda funny and inspired me to make the Goat Shack (in my freebie collection) and the accessories... it’s all very dated now, but it was a funny thread.

• carrie58carrie58 Posts: 3,951
    edited February 2019

These were the free goatskins ,I made them before I knew how to actually make material files so they have to be loaded by hand and then saved 

https://sharecg.com/v/37471/view/6/Texture/GoatSkins

I made a bunch more that I never put up didn't think there was much interest in them.

Field of goats.jpg
    1375 x 748 - 305K
    Post edited by carrie58 on
  • gitika1gitika1 Posts: 948

Tickled pink to come across this thread!!!  Working with elementary students, I am always on the look out for animals and the only goat I have is cartoon.  Thanks so much!

McGyver said:

Years ago there was a great goat thread running here for a while... there was no goat available at the time and someone was looking for a goat... I think an artist named KempSparky or something like that came along and made one... The thread was kinda funny and inspired me to make the Goat Shack (in my freebie collection) and the accessories... it’s all very dated now, but it was a funny thread.

The thread was actually one of my first posts "Where can I find a goat" I was just learning the computer and had just found DAZ studio ,it was great how friendly ,fun and helpful everyone was .Especially KempSparky making the morph for the sheep,like she did. ,and McGyver making the shed ,I wish the thread was still avaiable cause it was fun.

JOdel said:

I think the extra goat skins and shed may still be in the freebie thread (a long way back. I think I stumbled across them nearly a decade ago). But I'm pretty sure that the morph may have always been a commercial product.

Yes,, I saw a link yesterday to the goat. But $2.50 isn't bad to take Daz Sheep and get a decent goat.  I might go look for the shed.

carrie58 said:

These were the free goatskins ,I made them before I knew how to actually make material files so they have to be loaded by hand and then saved 

I made a bunch more that I never put up didn't think there was much interest in them.

Uh yes, I'm interested!  I'd love more goat skins!  I just dl the ones you have on shareCG. Got to go play with my goat.  Baaahhhhh!

Found the goat shack by McGyver. It's at shareCG.  It's Poser, but a little thing like that won't stop us.
    https://www.sharecg.com/v/37760/browse/11/Poser/Goat-Shack

edited February 2019
    sapat said:
    carrie58 said:

I made a bunch more that I never put up didn't think there was much interest in them

sapat said:
    carrie58 said:

Uh yes, I'm interested!  I'd love more goat skins!  I just dl the ones you have on shareCG. Got to go play with my goat.  Baaahhhhh

Well give me a couple of days to dig them out and finish them ,probably should warn you I tend to go a bit overboard when making my animal textures . ......

Post edited by carrie58 on
    carrie58 said:
    sapat said:
    carrie58 said:

I made a bunch more that I never put up didn't think there was much interest in them

sapat said:
    carrie58 said:

Uh yes, I'm interested!  I'd love more goat skins!  I just dl the ones you have on shareCG. Got to go play with my goat.  Baaahhhhh

Well give me a couple of days to dig them out and finish them ,probably should warn you I tend to go a bit overboard when making my animal textures . ......

Sounds great!  Hubby and I have dr appts Thursday and Friday. I have the thread bookmarked, so no rush! Thanks. laugh

• OdaaOdaa Posts: 1,548
    Oso3D said:

(shudder)

Just googled it and discovered the inspiration for at least half the background characters in the star wars prequels. surprise

• Oso3DOso3D Posts: 14,888

You've discovered the secret to my next furry product!!

(no, not really)

((shudder))

Oso3D said:

(shudder)

OMG!!! Google is good for a lot of things, but these are things that should be hidden! Normal baby goats are absolutely adorbs, and those ones with the super long ears are also cute, but that's where the yellow brick road ends and you enter flying monkey territory with these. Those big heads, the cyclops, the 4 horned one, and the one with the horns that are rolled up like cigars. surprise  And that one that looks like a cross between a goat and a bear!  Yeah, those heads and teeth are even too much for the carnival freak show.  Who in the hell breeds that stuff?  Was there some that were bred with turkeys??  Maybe I misread...I hope so.

I'm with Oso3D...shudder

• This is so weird, I mean they aren't "cute" I guess but I never thought they were that bad lol. The amount of variance is interesting. And some of them still end up kind of cute in an awkward sort of way.

Anyway, thanks for the link to the current available goat model!