Morph Loader Pro: Geometry error

MouserMouser Posts: 675

Hi I am morphing a low poly prop (not a figure), one of the low poly Medina City Scape characters to give the illusion of a walk cycle at a distance.

This is a simple one plane shuffle (left right etc) of the feet & hem of the cloths in Blender, nothing super complicated.

Unfortunatly I am getting a Geometry does not match error when I load the modified file.

I thought this was me so I restarted from scratch making sure I didnt screw the mesh up but with same result.

As a sanity check I deleted everything and imported the prop and saved it un-altered (so the geometry is unchanged) to a new folder and then again loaded the new file with Morph Loader Pro, same result.

As a further sanity check I repeated this with Wings3d with the same result.

Q: Is Morph Loader Pro busted?

Or have I missed something?

I've done morphs for PoserPro no problems for years but DS seems a bit fussy.

Post edited by Mouser on

Comments

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,049

No, Morph Loader Pro is not "busted". It works fine. Be sure ONLY the ONE object you are going to morph is visible in the scene when you export to OBJ. Hide everything else before export. The exported object must not have anything fit to it or parented to it. It must be at base resolution (no SubD). Be sure you export and import with the same scale factor. In Blender, be sure you "keep vertex order" on import and export. These are the Blender settings I use for import and export.

Blender OBJ Import Settings.JPG
    246 x 259 - 19K
    Blender OBJ Export Settings.JPG
    250 x 581 - 27K
  • MouserMouser Posts: 675

Well

Theres no parenting

Exported & Imported as Daz Studio, Poser, Blender no change.

I have Lightwave & Hexagon as well but I've been hitting this for days and I need to move forward.

So I'm dumping this and using Predatrons low poly arabs instead.

Since others are using Morph Loader & Blender okay I'm taking that its me.

I'll have to investigate solving this when I have spare time.

Thank you everyone for the advise.

• Normally when you get Geometry does not match, the vert order has changed. This most often happens when you have added to the geometry or deleted some (subdivision, for instance, will add).

I'm not sure I understand what you are doing. Can you do some screenshots, please? (Remember if there are figures involved, don't use skin texture on them if they will be seen without any covering in any of your examples.

• One thing, if you are for instance, using figures with clothing and sending OBJs to Blender, export each model separately (figure, each clothing part -- note, if using Genesis 8, remember the eyelashes are a separate OBJ). When you import them to Blender, they should all load in over each other in place. You will do the same when you export back to DAZ. If the items are posed, remember to use reverse deformation. 

But I'll wait to see what you are actually attempting to do before I try to offer more info.

People seem confused,as I said origionly it is a prop and not a figure of a low poly person shaped prop.

The people props in Medina Cityscape Generator are for very long shots as they are very low poly allowing a lot of them to be rendered without much overhead.

https://www.daz3d.com/medina-cityscape-generator

My attempt was to simply move the foot & hem of the prop person to fake a walk cycle with morphs. As there is no parenting, removal and or adding of vertices I cannot see why the geometry is an issue, all I did was move the vertices along a single axis.

At long distance for a large crowd shot the prop looks great but its just not intended for animation so its time I stopped and found a better solution.

As I said the problem must be me using morph loader as a hammer and I'll have to come back to this at a later stage ands figure out what went wrong.

I've included a screenshot of the prop person and the vertices I was moving circled.

Thanks again everyone.

Sketch.png
    312 x 634 - 103K
  • Parenting is not the point  -was the item the only (visible) geometry in the scene when you exported the OBJ?

Parenting is not the point  -was the item the only (visible) geometry in the scene when you exported the OBJ?

Yes, its a single model.

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,049

Show some screenshots of the Daz Studio export settings and the Blender import and export settings you are using. Maybe we will spot something you overlooked. Did you try my Blender settings?