Oscar Nominated Shorts 2019 - Animation, Live Action, & Documentary

You can see trailers for all of the shorts (animation, live action & documentary) here:

https://shorts.tv/theoscarshorts/

Note - I had to reload the page after each one played to see another one.

My wife & I are off to see the animations this evening at the Museum of Fine Arts Houston.

Comments

• HeadwaxHeadwax Posts: 9,927

sweet, thanks for the headsup :)

• Steve KSteve K Posts: 3,193

When we got to the theater on the 17th, it was sold out.  We hadn't bought tickets ahead of time since that had never been a probelm in previous years.  So we bought tickets online and went today.  Still sold out, but we were in.  I don't know why the sudden interest in short animations, but its gotta be good.

A very good year, five nominees and two "highly recommended".  Nominees: Two USA,  USA/China, Ireland & Canada.  Highly Recommended: Russia and I missed the other - USA I think.  The odds on favorite is "Bao" by some Pixar people, it showed with "Incredibles 2" in theaters last year.  My wife liked the Russian "extra" (it has a small bird as the protagonist, she's a serious birder).  She and the people around us did not like my favorite, "Weekend", but I really enjoyed the art work, a refreshing change from 3D (OK, shoot me).  Maybe the most moving video was live action of some of the teams seeing that they'd been nominated (as they watched the TV  announcements in real time).  One man just sat on the floor and cried.  

• Steve KSteve K Posts: 3,193

OK, "Bao" just won.  I have no problem with that, its a typical Pixar product - very good story, great animation.  Congratulations to the team.