Some DIM issues...

retiretomauiretiretomaui Posts: 383
edited February 2019 in The Commons

Morning!

Since buyng The Beast (Ryzen 2700X system) I've been slowly moving my Daz library over to one of my new drives. The issue is that DIM is, well, troublesome. It frequently hangs in the middle of downloads. By that I mean that it will be downloading just fine and then radically slow and then stop downloading. My other internet services will continue working from - online gaming, Netflix streaming, Youtube, etc. so that makes me think its a DIM/DAZ issue and not an ISP issue. It will also periodically just slow to a crawl if not a stop during installation. Simple items like a pair of shoes won't install, the "Install Failed" message will pop up next to that item and DIM will move on to the next downloaded item. Sometimes, I will terminate DIM and restart it and it will work fine for awhile, and then the troubles will pick up again.

As you can tell, its taking me hours just to download and install a relatively few items. Any hints or pointers? Any settings that I may have to change? Has anyone else had these problems?

Thanks,

Bob

Post edited by retiretomaui on

Comments

• What security software are you using?

• just the Microsoft stuff that comes with the OS. No Norton or Macafee or anything like that.

• jestmartjestmart Posts: 4,449

Doyou have Install After Download checked?  If so try unchecking it.

• NorthOf45NorthOf45 Posts: 5,249

I found that WD's Discovery app (for their external drives) gets in the way sometimes. It is frantically trying to keep up with the changes to the file system while you are installing hundreds of files in a few seconds, or monitoring files that are constanlty changing in size as they download. I just shut the app, not that I find it terribly useful to begin with.