Victoria 3 vs Victoria 4

handyman4545handyman4545 Posts: 399
edited February 2019 in Product Suggestions

I'm not well versed in the character generations and Daz unfortunately, doesn't publish any lit on the different characters and I'm wondering what the diff is (outside of facial) between these two generations and what the developement line is as well (Is it a base Genesis 2,3 etc).

Perhaps Daz could add all of the characters to the "Technology" list as sub developements?

I would also be interested in know why I need V3 if I have V4 being as all the accessories in V4 match or exceed V3?

Is there a poly diff?

Is there a sacrafice?

Where does V3 fit in better than V4?

Post edited by handyman4545 on

Comments

• Victoria 3 didn't have the ability to add an arbitrary number of additional moprhs, each big set came with its own figure file which made mixing and matching difficult. The UVs were different, though I can't recall exactly how. Yes, the emsh was different, as was the rigging of the joints.

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,028

The UVs were different, though I can't recall exactly how.

From memory Generation 3 figures only use 2 texture maps, one for body and one for face, while Generation 4 figures use 3 (torso, limbs and face).

• srieschsriesch Posts: 4,241

If you already have and use V4 extensively, it may not make sense to purchase V3.  There are likely a lot more V4 than V3 accessories available at this time.  I use often V3 still because that is what I had at the time prior to V4 being released, and once having invested in her it made sense to continue. 

However, while I have not made a side-by-side comparison of all available products, most probably there are a large number of V3 accessories that haven't been identically or even similarly remade for V4, so of course if you wanted those that would be a reason to use V3.

V3 and V4 were product lines prior to Genesis 1, Genesis2, and Genesis3.   There's a chart somewhere, but the numbers counted up then reset to 1 with the release Genesis.

• pwiecekpwiecek Posts: 1,538

This may or may not be helpful.

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/24257/daz-3d-human-figures-a-history/p1

In general V3 is an older, less refined model. V4 was pretty much an entirely separate character, though conversion programs do exist.