Shaved Side Dread For Genesis 3 And 8 Fit Issues

Does anyone else have an issue with getting this hair to fit to characters properly?  

It has a lot of morphs for adjusting the dreads, but none for adjusting the scalp portion of the hair, and the only scaling option available is overall scale (no x,y or z scale sliders).  

This is such a great looking hair so I'm very disappointed that it doesn't at least have options for tweaking it to fit the character.

shaved dread hair.JPG
775 x 801 - 66K

Comments

• nemesis10nemesis10 Posts: 3,261

What I do is go to the parameters tab, show hidden properties and look to see if there is a character parameter such as Lucien at some odd percentage like 50%.  Dial it to 0 or 100% and the fitting improves...

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,566

Apply a smoothing modifier to the hair and it should fit fine then.

• nemesis10 said:

What I do is go to the parameters tab, show hidden properties and look to see if there is a character parameter such as Lucien at some odd percentage like 50%.  Dial it to 0 or 100% and the fitting improves...

I'll give it a try, thanks for the advice.

wink

• Apply a smoothing modifier to the hair and it should fit fine then.

Thanks Michael, I'll give it a shot.  yes

• fibyken said:
    nemesis10 said:

I'll give it a try, thanks for the advice.

wink

Didn't find any hidden properties but Michael's suggestion of adding a smothing modifier seems to have done the trick. I'll test it more later.  Thanks again!

• fibyken said:

Apply a smoothing modifier to the hair and it should fit fine then.

Thanks Michael, I'll give it a shot.  yes

That seems to have worked.  I'll test a bit more thoroughly when I have more time.  Thanks for the tip!  laugh

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,566

NP, glad I could help. It's great for any small pokethru issues from clothing also