From Daz to Poser and back

Is it possible to open a scene from Daz with some G3 & G8 Models and some Props in Poser, animate them there and bring back the animation to daz to render the scene in iray?

I'm working with Daz for a while now and am very happy with the quality of my still images but now i want to go a step further and start to animate my scenes.
Because of the poor KI in Daz it seems to be impossible to do accurate animations. According to the net, Poser should have a much better IK with Genesis Figures.
Therefore i want to set-up my scene in Daz, bring it into Poser, animate the Figures there and bring back the animation to Daz to render it there with iray.

Would this be possible?

Comments

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,026

G3 and G8 are not compatible with Poser, it doesn't support the type of rigging they use.

There's a workaround to get them sorta working in P11, but it has limitations.

• Leana said:

G3 and G8 are not compatible with Poser, it doesn't support the type of rigging they use.

There's a workaround to get them sorta working in P11, but it has limitations.

And beyond that, DS won't read weights from Poser files - though you could just save the aniam,tions and apply them to a new figure, or to the original, pre-export scene.

• wolf359wolf359 Posts: 3,764
    edited February 2019

Because of the poor KI in Daz it seems to be impossible to do
    accurate animations. According to the net, Poser 
    should have a much better IK with Genesis Figures.

Poser "IK system" is all or nothing
    once activated  you can not turn it off or it will ruin your entire animation session.
    Also a genesis brought into poser will not have IK at all unless you apply a third party script
    (for G1-G2 not sure about G3-8)
    however the only viable way to get a G3-8 into poser is via the "willdial" script
    and it does not support any animation Data AKAIK.

Poser has no nonlinear motion clip system Like aniMate2
    thus you can not effectively mix different motions together in poser.

Also posers graph editor has not been updated since the late 1990'sangry
    and has no cubic interpolation or tension controls to prevent spline graph overshoot
    where  new key frame values cascade backwards along the spline graph and ruin previous
    in between values by "stretching" the spline .sad

Post edited by wolf359 on
  • takezo_3001takezo_3001 Posts: 1,924

Thanks to wolf's suggestion, the best way to use Daz's fake IK is to use the pose/parameter dials to move your character's body parts instead of the Universal/rotate/pan tools...