Need a good realistic porcelain shader for bathtub in Poser Pro 2012

Anim8dtoonAnim8dtoon Posts: 61

Hi everyone!

I downloaded a cool modern bathtub in OBJ format which doesn't render with textures, and I need a good realistic porcelain shader to slap on it, as well as stainless steel and chrome metal shaders for the taps, etc.. Do any of you know where I can download these, or is there a tutorial somewhere for making these shaders? Thanks so much for your help in advance!

Comments

• edited October 2013

Hi everyone!

I downloaded a cool modern bathtub in OBJ format which doesn't render with textures, and I need a good realistic porcelain shader to slap on it, as well as stainless steel and chrome metal shaders for the taps, etc.. Do any of you know where I can download these, or is there a tutorial somewhere for making these shaders? Thanks so much for your help in advance!

I'd check sharecg for some freebies.
    You'll have to tweak and properly set the different maps(diffuse, bump, normal, if they come with them).
    www.sharecg.com

Cg textures is also a pretty good resource.
    http://www.cgtextures.com/

It's also going to depend on the object and what "look" you are going for.

Unless you need a bump map, displacement or normal, you could probably get away with just a white/off white diffuse color, and crank the gloss, and reflection up as well as kick over from plastic(lighting model) to either glossy plastic, or glossy metallic.

If you want to spend some money, there a lot of shader packs available on daz, and many textures available around the web.
    I'm kinda partial to the evermotion, and arrowway textures, but they cost.

The one thing is that you may not find "porcelain" but a ceramic should be close.
    (technically they are the same thing, but terminology differs)

Post edited by refsocrd1_aefdbd2b3a on
  • Anim8dtoonAnim8dtoon Posts: 61
    edited December 1969

Thank you very much for the suggestions! I am familiar with CG Textures, that's a great resource for many types of textures, but I was not able to find a porcelain or ceramic texture that would approximate that of a bath tub. I'll just see what I can come up with in the Material Room. Thanks again!

• edited December 1969

Thank you very much for the suggestions! I am familiar with CG Textures, that's a great resource for many types of textures, but I was not able to find a porcelain or ceramic texture that would approximate that of a bath tub. I'll just see what I can come up with in the Material Room. Thanks again!

sorry i couldn't be of more help, i've got such a texture library that tracking down a specific "look" is almost autonomic for me.
    Of course i've spent a couple years and a lot of bucks to get there.

I tossed about my bathroom folder, and many of the tubs and sinks i have don't have a texture at all unless they're ornate, then it's just an off white with the details.

Another suggestion is you may just try a google search, and find some images of the material you are looking for.
    If you're lucky you might find exactly the color/look you want, then just save the image, and use that as a texture.
    You'll have to tweak the settings to get it "just right" but it may save time.
    came up with some stuff i could easily tile to a full texture by searching for porcelain bathtub texture.

• Lissa_xyzLissa_xyz Posts: 6,116
    edited October 2013

Check out this post by Bagginsbill. It contains a screenshot of a porcelain-like shader in the mat room.
    http://forum.runtimedna.com/showthread.php?29148-Working-With-Porcelin&p=304238&viewfull=1#post304238

Bea/aliwonder at Rendo also have a porcelain shader set for Poser.

Post edited by Lissa_xyz on
  • SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634
    edited December 1969

ever thought of making your own by researching Ceramics and its Index of Refraction and SSS properties and use photos as a reference?