Daz Shop search filters

JuNeJuNe Posts: 85
edited February 2019 in Product Suggestions

Hey,

is it only me or would some others like some new daz shop search filters, too? For example: a price range, EXCLUDE PC+, a date filter, Category filters for Non-"Figure"-matching things (eg. in a search result page to filter out props or animals or shaders). Or at least an advanced search system, where we could check the (sub-)category by which we already browse and search only this category/ies?*

Example: the search term "heart" would find everything containing this word - the skin with a heart tattoo, the shader with heart pattern, a prop heart, a valentine candy box, the fantasy creature with the description "For adventurers of strong heart only!", the flat with a heart-shaped carpet, the jewel set for V4...

Or have I missed something?

Thanks,

Lessa

* Yes, I know that those categories show up when you search something. But more often than not, if I search something and then click one of those categories, the site stops, saying "calculating" and nothing happens.

Post edited by JuNe on

Comments

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,063

Daz Deals browser add-on adds a "hide PC+" filter among other things.

• And Iray, too! I'd like to see at a glance which of the older products have been updated to include that.

• Daz only seems to want to sell. Nobody seems interested in whether the customers have it easy or difficult. Other programmers prove that advanced search functions are not a problem. So it will hardly be due to the technical possibilities, but much more that the customers are indifferent.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604

@mfrank01328

Are you talking about the store search engine or the search engine included within Daz Studio?
    The store search engine comes with the store software.

• Yes, the search filters seem to be intended to bring up the maximum number of items.  That was fine circa 2012.  Now, the number of items available has exploded, and you can end up wading through hundreds of items that you are extremely unlikely to want.  Not everyone has the patience for that.  Better filters would actually encourage buying.