Glue to Floor by 3DUniverse questions.

First I'd like to say this looks like a very usefull script to help clean up animations. Im sure many of us have fought with jittery foot animations trying to key frame each individual frame.. :)

I was wondering a few things though after vviewing the tutoral on the page. I see that it seems you can only glue a single part at a time using the script. Are their plans allow more than one to be glued in a frame group set. Example: Left leg is back and right is bent. Then use the script on the left toe and right foot at same time to clean up a leaping animation.

It'd also be neat to see this expanded hands as well. Imagin locking fingertips to allow for cartwheels and martial arts flips. :D

Anything that helps bring back IK to Studio is always appreciated, thanks again!

Comments

• takezo_3001takezo_3001 Posts: 1,921

I'm considering getting it, but their other product "Pose Architect for Genesis 8 Female(s)" would make a nearly mandatory companion purchase for this product, but yeah, I would love to see an actual IK but we have MCasuals free auto limb scripts as well as plenty other usful ones!

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,926

3DU has always been god with his ad copy for his products. Wonder if he's always had these scripts at his disposal.

• 3D Universe3D Universe Posts: 327
    edited February 2019

WFirst I'd like to say this looks like a very usefull script to help clean up animations. Im sure many of us have fought with jittery foot animations trying to key frame each individual frame.. :)

I was wondering a few things though after vviewing the tutoral on the page. I see that it seems you can only glue a single part at a time using the script. Are their plans allow more than one to be glued in a frame group set. Example: Left leg is back and right is bent. Then use the script on the left toe and right foot at same time to clean up a leaping animation.

It'd also be neat to see this expanded hands as well. Imagin locking fingertips to allow for cartwheels and martial arts flips. :D

Anything that helps bring back IK to Studio is always appreciated, thanks again!

You are confusing what this script does with Inverse Kinematics (IK).

IK will adjust the joints of a body to place the IK target (normally a hand or foot) in a specific place. It will affect the pose of all the joints in the IK chain.

Glue-to-Floor calculates the offset of the hip element of the figure to keep the selected foot/toe in place on the floor plane. It does not affect the pose of any joints - only the hip X/Y/Z Offset. The scripts calculates the hip movement based on the body weight being on one of the feet - with the other foot either lifted off the ground, or sliding along the ground.
    If we expanded this script to glue hands, the only scenario where it would help would be hand stands, or walking on hands. Specifically animations that have the body balanced on one of the hands.

Post edited by 3D Universe on
  • RuphussRuphuss Posts: 2,631

what happens if the offset is to big so the leg cant reach the ground ?

• RuphussRuphuss Posts: 2,631

answered my question by looking the video

will try this

WFirst I'd like to say this looks like a very usefull script to help clean up animations. Im sure many of us have fought with jittery foot animations trying to key frame each individual frame.. :)

IK will adjust the joints of a body to place the IK target (normally a hand or foot) in a specific place. It will affect the pose of all the joints in the IK chain.

Glue-to-Floor calculates the offset of the hip element of the figure to keep the selected foot/toe in place on the floor plane. It does not affect the pose of any joints - only the hip X/Y/Z Offset. The scripts calculates the hip movement based on the body weight being on one of the feet - with the other foot either lifted off the ground, or sliding along the ground.
    If we expanded this script to glue hands, the only scenario where it would help would be hand stands, or walking on hands. Specifically animations that have the body balanced on one of the hands.

Just bought it, and for standing animations it defeats the purpose of stablizing the foot/hip pose though, it does a great job; but only on one foot, this script would do well to use BOTH feet as not every animation has the person moving forward, would it be hard to include both feet?

• WFirst I'd like to say this looks like a very usefull script to help clean up animations. Im sure many of us have fought with jittery foot animations trying to key frame each individual frame.. :)

Just bought it, and for standing animations it defeats the purpose of stablizing the foot/hip pose though, it does a great job; but only on one foot, this script would do well to use BOTH feet as not every animation has the person moving forward, would it be hard to include both feet?

That would require adjusting the pose - this, as I undrstand the above explanation, just moves the whole figure (by the hip) to keep the target bone in the same place throughout, without doing anything to the individual bones.

------------

One thing that did strike me in the video - would it be possible, instead of using an explicit y-offset, to have an option to use the current offset in frame n and apply it to all other frames?

That would require adjusting the pose - this, as I undrstand the above explanation, just moves the whole figure (by the hip) to keep the target bone in the same place throughout, without doing anything to the individual bones.

------------

One thing that did strike me in the video - would it be possible, instead of using an explicit y-offset, to have an option to use the current offset in frame n and apply it to all other frames?

I used the script in a stationary/non-forward animation and it worked perfectly, except for the left foot which still had unanchored movement which did not look natural at all, my question is can this script be fixed by the author to include both feet anchored via the hip instead of one.

• WFirst I'd like to say this looks like a very usefull script to help clean up animations. Im sure many of us have fought with jittery foot animations trying to key frame each individual frame.. :)

------------

I used the script in a stationary/non-forward animation and it worked perfectly, except for the left foot which still had unanchored movement which did not look natural at all, my question is can this script be fixed by the author to include both feet anchored via the hip instead of one.

My reading is that he has already said no - that would require actually changing the pose, which is a whole separate operation (set of operations, in fact).

------------

Please reread my description of what this script does. It does not adjust the pose of any body part, only the hip offset. It would not be able to be used on both feet - it is not on IK script at all.

------------

Please reread my description of what this script does. It does not adjust the pose of any body part, only the hip offset. It would not be able to be used on both feet - it is not on IK script at all.

Ok, fair enough I now understand... I need more coffee.blushwink

• Will this script work for Genesis 8 Male figures?

• IvyIvy Posts: 7,153
    edited February 2019

I have this wishlisted i had a few questions as well.

Does the hard surface have to be at floor level in order to use it? can it be use on top of a roof or type raised surfaces?

I see this is made genesis 8 female  has anyone tried this on Genesis 8 male?  or g3 or g2?  i was just wondering if it worked for other characters as well?

I think I read the description right its just a script to offset hip rotation to stop the foot slipping from XYZ with use for the aniblocks, is that correct? .  So its not a actually hard surface pinning utility is it?  Because to be honest it be freaking awesome if I had a script for pinning to other hard surfaces ? like a child walking on counter top or someone walking up or down stairs. or gluing feet to suspension surfaces. like a tight rope or suspension bridge?

will this work for creatures like Horse2 , dragon3 or dog 8? boy is there ever a need for a IK utility for those guys .

Thank you for reading my questions,.

Post edited by Ivy on
  • sg3000 said:

Will this script work for Genesis 8 Male figures?

No, as it’s name suggests, this script is for Genesis 8 Females. 

• Ivy said:

I have this wishlisted i had a few questions as well.

Does the hard surface have to be at floor level in order to use it? can it be use on top of a roof or type raised surfaces?

I see this is made genesis 8 female  has anyone tried this on Genesis 8 male?  or g3 or g2?  i was just wondering if it worked for other characters as well?

I think I read the description right its just a script to offset hip rotation to stop the foot slipping from XYZ with use for the aniblocks, is that correct? .  So its not a actually hard surface pinning utility is it?  Because to be honest it be freaking awesome if I had a script for pinning to other hard surfaces ? like a child walking on counter top or someone walking up or down stairs. or gluing feet to suspension surfaces. like a tight rope or suspension bridge?

will this work for creatures like Horse2 , dragon3 or dog 8? boy is there ever a need for a IK utility for those guys .

Thank you for reading my questions,.

Here's answers to your questions Ivy:

• The utility includes a Y-Offset that can be used to raise the floor level to whatever level you wish.
    • Due to different figures haveing different proportions, the script is specific to Genesis 8 Female. We are looking at the best way to expand it to more figures.
    • This utility is not for use in aniblocks, but it does offset the hip X/Y/Z translation to keep the specified foot in place throughout the selected part of the animation. It does not use hard surface dynamics.
    • No, see our previous answer.

all the best,
    Steve

• IvyIvy Posts: 7,153

I'm a huge fan of your content .  Thank you very much for your reply .

• WonderlandWonderland Posts: 6,735

Does this help for creating strill poses or is it primarily for animation? How is it different from manually moving body parts? Thanks.

• 3D Universe3D Universe Posts: 327

Does this help for creating strill poses or is it primarily for animation? How is it different from manually moving body parts? Thanks.

While this can be used for a single frame, it is primarily designed for an animation. The end result could be achieved by manually moving the hip in every frame.

Hello, love the program, I was wondering if you will be updating it for G8.1, and if not, is there a work-around to make it work for G8.1? Thanks in advance!