Random skin rendering problems with, Victoria 6, teen Josie 6 and Gia 6

edited October 2013 in New Users

Hello everybody.
I have a weird problem which is random apparently.
I mean to me it's because of lights, but i can't figure what is the problem or how to fix
Below there is an image of Josie i cutted from the scene, i was working on a story so the body is heavy morphed.
Why i got this stripes all over her body ?
If i render her with uber enviroment it works great, what is wierd is that i used also a very low dististant light and sometime works sometimedon't.
Same problem with Victoria 6 and Gia in some scenes them skin has this stripes.
Render setting are fine i use shading Rate value of 0.1 because, some of you suggested it, with genesis figures, i solved a problem, of all characters skin texiture wite line on the legs.

Thanks so mcuh for help
Kind Regards
Jack

Josie.png
350 x 400 - 201K
Post edited by giacomo.civardi_f43255c5a6 on

Comments

• TotteTotte Posts: 13,508
    edited December 1969

This has to do with SSS (Sub Surface Scattering) on the skins, but I've forgot what the cure was, but know when you know you might search for it in the forums.

• edited December 1969

Totte said:
    This has to do with SSS (Sub Surface Scattering) on the skins, but I've forgot what the cure was, but know when you know you might search for it in the forums.

Dear Totte
    I keep SSS to standard value, and on preset i changed it to see if i could solve the issues, no way to get rid of this stripes.
    I had this problem when Victoria 6 was released, unfortunatly i searched everywhere, but didn't find a solotion, this is why i decided to open this post.

Anyway if we find out that SSS it's the problem i badly hope that someone can help me giving me the solution.

Kind Reagrds
    Jack

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,815
    edited December 1969

Try adjusting the SubSurface Scale and/or shading rate on all surfaces with the same subsurface group value. And make sure that surfaces with the same group value do have the same scale and shading rate

• edited October 2013

Thanks so much for the suggestion
    It's quite complicated
    I posted you the actual settings please let me know if is wrong and what value i should change.

I try to explain also how i'm working, so maybe you can give me more advice.
    The story is about an Orphanage.
    So i created all characters alone and then i merge them in the scene.
    On this scene i tryed Josie she is homeless and clearly very thin, this is the reason i morphed her so much.

So now back to us, i have to find the riight value an put them on Josie alone charater, this way when i merge her i should have problems, or i must adjust them basing on lights ?

If i try alone Charater it works, so i must tune the values in the scene i posted above.
    May you please explain me, if i had to increse decrese or what.

Thanks so much
    Kind Regards

EDIT :
    Partially Sovled ( works only with scene i was doing )
    Decreasing "Shading rate" from 6 to 2 and increasing "Shading scale" from 0.5 to 1
    I made some tests and if you increase, "Shading rate" the stripes are even more visible.

Thanks so much !

Solved.jpg
    521 x 994 - 191K
    edited December 1969

If they work alone and not together then it's the Group ID that needs adjusting - you must have a different value on each figure, and on areas of a single figure that you wish to have different settings for the subsurface properties (different image maps is OK, and you want all the skin areas to have the same value so that light will scatter across their boundaries).

• edited October 2013

If they work alone and not together then it's the Group ID that needs adjusting - you must have a different value on each figure, and on areas of a single figure that you wish to have different settings for the subsurface properties (different image maps is OK, and you want all the skin areas to have the same value so that light will scatter across their boundaries).

Dear Richard
    I'm sorry but i'm a newbie and i try hard to understand but considering also the language barrier , i really don't get what you are meaning.

They don't work alone, i had tried, to change one by one then mixed all.
    Anyway now i lowered the uber environment light and added a new distant light, and still have the problem.

So please may you tell me what should i do with group ID ??
    Wy i have sub surface scale on other skins figure and not on Josie ??

I have to change every time these value basing on the scene and lights ??

Kind Regards
    Jack

edited December 1969

Each figure should have a different number in group ID.

If you are not seeing Subsurface scale for Josie, does it say Shader: AoA_Subsurface at the top of the Surfaces pane for her as it does for Jody in your screen shot?

• edited October 2013

Dear Richard
    Yes i attached you the screen...
    The Group ID it's 64 while i noticed for other figures that is set to zero, but others figures like Norma, has different parameters, compared to to Josie
    I never had any issues on skin texture, so i don't have practice , this looks like advanced things, that i'm trying to learn, but i far from understanding these parameters sorry.

Jody is name i gave to character real name was Genesis 2 female

Kind Regards
    Jack

Senza_titolo-1.jpg
    516 x 712 - 113K
    edited December 1969

The screenshot shows Subsurface scale, but in your post you say "Wy i have sub surface scale on other skins figure and not on Josie ??".

• edited October 2013

Dear Richard
    That's a comparison on the left Ambi material working great with every lights, on the right Josie
    Parameters are totally different and on Josie i don't see anywhere "Subsurface Scale"

Kind Regars
    Jack

Senza_titolo-1.jpg
    1059 x 996 - 375K
    edited December 1969

Sorry, Shading Scale is what I meant. Ambie is using a different shader - uberSurface - so it isn't behaving in the same way, and doesn't have the same settings.

• edited October 2013

Sorry, Shading Scale is what I meant. Ambie is using a different shader - uberSurface - so it isn't behaving in the same way, and doesn't have the same settings.

Dear Richard
    No problem ;) so back to us Jodie texture.
    I made some tests the value of "Shading Scale" works only increasing it, and not alone, i put it to 2 and still had issue so i lowerd to 1 "Shading Rate" and finally the problem was gone.

Now to the big question ,i had to do all time this, when i found i had issues , aslo, with Victoria 6 and Gia, there is no way to predict if standard value will work ? just render wait and see ?

Sound quite wierd, also we are in a begginer section of forum i can understand people who like to tweak things.
    But gosh i spent a lot of money to find out that half of skins textures don't work well.

Never had porblem with genesis and even don't what to be a pro, just have fun without going insane, to discover what is the problem, i'm still learning lights, there are so many things to keep in mind, but asking that default things has to work well, after paying them, i don't think is too much.

Thanks so very much for your incredible patience and help.
    Kind Regards
    Jack

edited December 1969

In general the default settings should work, but in a scene with other items of after making changes to the item (such as your making the arms much thinner) adjustments may be needed.

• edited October 2013

In general the default settings should work, but in a scene with other items of after making changes to the item (such as your making the arms much thinner) adjustments may be needed.

Dear Richard
    Understood, what is important is that you gave me a solution, i never had even open the edit tab, now i also know how and what parameters i have to change.

Thanks so very much again.
    Kind Regars
    Jack