Converting Carrara hair to polygon hair for other packages ?

Omega ManOmega Man Posts: 70
edited February 2019 in Carrara Discussion

Paige Hair for Genesis 8 & 3 Female(s)

I saw this PhilW product in the store and was quite struck by the description:-
"Using a new work flow to convert Carrara dynamic strand-based hair into polygon hair usable in Daz Studio and with the latest figures."

Am I to understand that if Carrara hair is converted to a polygon textured mesh which can react to a render engine in a different program - not just Daz, but in theory Modo or Lightwave too ?  If anyone could enlighten me any more I would be very grateful indeed.

I am beginning to see that the power of Carrara hair is something of a well kept secret... laugh

Post edited by Omega Man on

Comments

• HeadwaxHeadwax Posts: 9,922

Hello weclome to Carrara :)

here is a thread https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/3560896/

You should be able to use the converted hair in any programs that uses objs = cant see why not 

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675

would love to use modas cuts on G3 or Aiko 3.  there's a few hairs only works on V4 geometry. a way to transfer the hair groups to a disembodied hair cap?

• Mystarra said:

would love to use modas cuts on G3 or Aiko 3.  there's a few hairs only works on V4 geometry. a way to transfer the hair groups to a disembodied hair cap?

those use haircaps and I have used them on your Carraractors

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,073

The default uvmap is a single square grid.  Use a frayed alpjha at the bottom.  However, it occurs to me that the mesh could be sent to a uvmapping program for a new uvmap.