Ancient Anubis for G8M [commercial]

RawArtRawArt Posts: 5,747

Ancient Anubis

https://www.daz3d.com/ancient-anubis-for-genesis-8-male

Whether Ancient Gods or Ancient Aliens, the mysteries of Egypt return again with Anubis, the jackal headed god of the underworld.

The set comes complete with custom crafted High Definition Morphs, and Highly detailed Textures for the utmost realism.

Product Includes:

• One Anubis Character Preset
    • One Anubis Full Body HD Morph
    • One Anubis Shaping Preset
    • One Anubis Full Body Material Preset including anatomical elements
    • Two Face Material Presets
    • Two Torso Material Presets
    • Four eye Material Presets
    • Includes both Iray and 3Delight Material Presets

Comments

• kimhkimh Posts: 386
    edited February 2019

Love this. Thank you RawArt...for someone who tends to do mythological/Deity characters and scenes...this is literally a Godsend cheeky

Post edited by kimh on
  • RawArtRawArt Posts: 5,747
    kimh said:

Love this. Thank you RawArt...for someone who tends to do mythological/Deity characters and scenes...this is literally a Godsend cheeky

Glad you like...they have always been a fascination of mine as well.

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

He is stunning!

• Noah LGPNoah LGP Posts: 2,556
    edited February 2019

Anubis doesn't look like that.

Post edited by Noah LGP on
  • Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,686

Ooh handsome!  

• I personally love every and all version of Bast, Anubis, and other figures from mythology. This is is another fantastic rendition ... awesome work Raw!

• Noah LGP said:

I'm sorry, but seconded.

edited February 2019

Obviously everyone has their own pet ideas of how mythological creatures should look.

So it is laughable when people simply say the look is "wrong". There have been so many different portrayals and variations in looks throughout history that to think only your own pet perspective is the proper one is ridiculous. I have even done different looks of the character over time as well, and do not believe any one of them to be the ultimate truth of the look. Because it can be interpreted in so many ways.

Plus we character creators also have to balance looks with functionality to make the most interactive character we can, which is also another consideration in style choices.

You may not dig this look to it (or my other Egyptian deities) that is your prerogative, but to say it is wrong is ridiculous.

Post edited by RawArt on
  • Adjusting the rigging to shape for the sideways-pointing feet and head would be really tricky too.

Adjusting the rigging to shape for the sideways-pointing feet and head would be really tricky too.

hahaha!

• Dark-ElfDark-Elf Posts: 955
    edited February 2019
    Noah LGP said:

have you personally met him? I would suggest that in future you might want to say that, in your opinion, he might look different to what has been created.

of course, you are also welcome to try and make "your" version.... You'll find it's not as easy as you think :)

Post edited by Dark-Elf on
  • SotoSoto Posts: 1,437

Make a unicorn and there will be a debate abouth the length of the horn being incorrect, or the need to make it removable so it can be a horse.

Guess mythological creatures can´t please everyone XD

Love the character, and appreciate the addition to what´s already been done. yes

• Oso3DOso3D Posts: 14,886
    Noah LGP said:

I totally agree. I mean, Rawart's version is all three dimensional! What the heck!

• Noah LGPNoah LGP Posts: 2,556
    edited February 2019

Just I try to mean it's a personal representation of Anubis which doesn't match to the usual ones.
    It doesn't mean it's not a good product.

This new character is very interesting for another purpose.

Post edited by Noah LGP on
  • RedfernRedfern Posts: 1,579
    Oso3D said:
    Noah LGP said:

I totally agree. I mean, Rawart's version is all three dimensional! What the heck!

The joke kinda' falls flat (see what I did there?) when one remembers Anubis was depicted as complete statues in addition to the stylized murals.

Sincerely,

Bill

• Oso3DOso3D Posts: 14,886

Redfern: Yeah, but those ancient Egyptian sculptors were doing it all wrong. They didn't realize understand the beliefs of ancient traditions of ancient Egypt.

• Adjusting the rigging to shape for the sideways-pointing feet and head would be really tricky too.

Don't forget the "Sand Dance" poses... or would it need to be animations...?