Request to all PAs: Morph pathways

The last two morph sets I bought do not have the morph dials in one specific folder in Shaping Tab. The dials are distributed amongst all the body part sub-folders. This might sound sensible on the surface but it is a complete nightmare when you have hundreds of morph dials, often with similar sounding names. To find a morph dial from a particular set, you have to know exactly what it is called or exactly in which sub-folder it is located. To find other morph dials in the same set, again you need to know the precise name or location.

For example HY Detailed Morphs for Genesis 8 Female by Her-Yun contains some very nice face and body detail morphs, but when I came to try them out, I couldn't find them. I have to keep going back to the product page in the DAZ shop to find the name of the dial and then do a search for that dial in the Shaping tab.

The same is true for Genesis 8 Female Mixed Morph Kit by Handspan Studios and Thorne; the dials are all over the place. However, at least Handspan Studios Thorne have prefixed every dial name with HSTW, so a simple search can pull them all up.

So, my request to all PAs making morph sets: If you are not going to place all your morph dials in a single folder (and I can see why you would not), please prefix the dial names with a unique vendor descriptor as Handspan Studios Thorne have done.

Comments

• But that's not useful if you are wanting to chnage a particular aspect of the shape. I don't object to having a group for each morph set under the appropriate section, but I don't like having them all grouped in a single folder. A better approach would be to give them all a consistent prefix so that you could just select Actor, with the sub-group option enable, and type the prefix in the filter box if you wanted to see only the morphs for a certain set.

• IsaacNewtonIsaacNewton Posts: 1,300

Yes, the unique prefix for each set would probably be the easiest to implement and would also be convenient. Surely someone at DAZ3d must have thought about this already?