Papervision3d - maybe a market for Daz models?

MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
edited December 1969 in The Commons

i'm just stumbling on this and am wowwed. it uses 3d models.

http://www.papervision3d.org/

it takes several seconds for this demo to finish loading.

Comments

• Dream CutterDream Cutter Posts: 1,222
    edited July 2012

Papervision is a really neat technology that produces 2.5D images on screen in HTML5 web browsers that allows for scripted animation and interaction. It is somewhat open ended and a bit difficult for beginners to figure out. Results are stunning though. For those who prefer a more familiar 3D interface, I recommend CopperCube 3 (free version is is not crippleware) and SimLab 3D (about $120 after 30 days if I recall) for people that want to output their figures on the web (even as games) using either HTML5/WebGL (Chrome & FireFox browse native), Adobe Flash 11 Stag 3 (Browsers/Air, Flash required), or 3D PDF (electronic document,web page with Acrobat plugin).
    My signature includes a link to FarmPeeps.com which has a coppercube demo, tutorial and samlpe source file to mess with. Using CopperCube you can make a (simple) 3D game in a night. On the GoldPeeps.com site, I have an example of a a SimLab animated 3D PDF where you virtually explore as a gold prospector works his sluice box in a stream.

EDIIT: CopperCube 3D Tutorial and sample game source here http://www.farmpeeps.com/webgl3d_1.html

Post edited by Dream Cutter on
  • MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    edited December 1969

Papervision is a really neat technology that produces 2.5D images on screen in HTML5 web browsers that allows for scripted animation and interaction. It is somewhat open ended and a bit difficult for beginners to figure out. Results are stunning though. For those who prefer a more familiar 3D interface, I recommend CopperCube 3 (free version is is not crippleware) and SimLab 3D (about $120 after 30 days if I recall) for people that want to output their figures on the web (even as games) using either HTML5/WebGL (Chrome & FireFox browse native), Adobe Flash 11 Stag 3 (Browsers/Air, Flash required), or 3D PDF (electronic document,web page with Acrobat plugin).
    My signature includes a link to FarmPeeps.com which has a coppercube demo, tutorial and samlpe source file to mess with. Using CopperCube you can make a (simple) 3D game in a night. On the GoldPeeps.com site, I have an example of a a SimLab animated 3D PDF where you virtually explore as a gold prospector works his sluice box in a stream.

i'm willing to give it a try. a game in a night, :lol:

remember tetras?

• CluricaunCluricaun Posts: 18
    edited December 1969

Just as a heads up - The Papervision3D guys have essentially disbanded and it is no longer developed.

You could also look at Alterniva3D at which goes further and takes advantage of the GPU where as Papervision3D do not.

http://alternativaplatform.com

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    edited December 1969