Carrara Challenge 45: Extinction and De-extinction! Less than two days to go!

14567810»

Comments

• HeadwaxHeadwax Posts: 9,924

thanks much better than my poor attempt :)

• AlbertoAlberto Posts: 1,382

@Alberto - Eradicating diseases - that is a great interpretation of the theme.  Excellent modeling.  

wow Alberto that's wonderful and left field!! (lateral thinking)

Thank you, Diomede and Headwax!

I added two figures, Genesis 2 male (a little boy) and female (the nurse).

The idea is to focus in the vaccination itself:

I used dynamic hair for the hair and the eyebrows.

Although it could be much easier to use metaballs in this case, I used Fluidos wink (well, this way I can find bugs and other issues in Fluidos)

ExtintionScene.jpg
    1149 x 784 - 167K
    ExtintionScenecam4.jpg
    1152 x 791 - 173K

pretty brilliant, once you get that lighting happening it will sing - great to use Fluidos :)

• Bunyip02Bunyip02 Posts: 7,695

Looking great so far Alberto !

• ed3Ded3D Posts: 1,983

_Well, don't suppose to be done _ in time _Alright then

sorry about that ed3D - always look forward to seeing your work!

• DesertDudeDesertDude Posts: 1,234
    edited March 2019

Deadline tomorrow night...hoping to make it...still working here...

wip_002.jpg
    1290 x 1000 - 102K
    assembly_room_002.jpg
    1487 x 1009 - 153K
    Post edited by DesertDude on

looks terrific as it is DesertDude 

I'll be off line for two weeks I am sorry.

Officially handing over the reigns to DIOMEDE!!

TA DAH.

Thanks very much for stepping in Ted.

It's been a terrific challenge looking forward to seeing the votes when I get back on line.

regards

from oz :)

This is the crude rendered version.

As I used multipass rendering, after postwork:

pretty brilliant, once you get that lighting happening it will sing - great to use Fluidos :)

Thank you!

extintion_GI_con4Crude.png
    1080 x 810 - 909K
    extintion_GI_con4.png
    1080 x 810 - 979K
  • DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,078

Extension.

minor.

For those of you you rushing for the deadline, please note that the effective deadline is extended 8 hours to 8am Daz Utah time on Sunday, March 24th morning.  That is when I will have woken up, had some coffee, and have started my day.   I don’t feel like staying up late just to close the thread, and I assume no one will mind the minor extension.  

Love the progress, Alberto and DesertDude 

_well, thanks then_``~...

ed3D said:

I take it an extra 8 hours won't make the difference?

Hopefully, another time soon.

• the dry bones.

this is the render.

i enlarged it and used filter forge's oil and pointalism,

multiple sizes.

then back to pd howler to adjust and merge them.

superb piecce of work there shlomi

headwax i liked your #44 challenge entry #12 skeleton rampage.

and wanted the same look. so:

a terrain with mainly a terrace filter, and a bit of higher island in the low part for the muscle m4. 

3 surface replicators;

m4 skeleton on the low flat parts, below the island.

muscle maps m4 on the higher flat parts.

and a group of fire plus bulb on the low flat parts.

and a volumetric clouds.

• UnifiedBrainUnifiedBrain Posts: 3,588
    edited March 2019

Resurrection of Victoria One

This is my second time to use V1 in a Challenge, so I guess this makes the resurrection official. smiley

However, I discovered that this version of V1 (which comes in the Mimic Lite package) is not the "full" V1, but rather a low-res NG version.  Still, it works for me.

The people are V1 and M3.  Shirt is M3 everyday wear.  Goggles come from B25 Steampunk Aviator.  The set is The Mad Lab, with some alterations and additions in the model room.  Carrara processes include, aura and text.   GMIC was used, as always.  No postwork.

Resurrection of Victoria One.png
    1100 x 1362 - 2M
    Resurrection Carrara setup.JPG
    698 x 888 - 108K
    Post edited by UnifiedBrain on
    edited March 2019

This is as much as I could get done for this image. Pretty simple modelingfor the most part - just some boxes and cylinders made in the Vertex Room, textured and assembled together. The two main robots have IK chains for their arms. A few of the objects have Aura enabled under the Effects Tab. The one industrial robot arm has a Bulb attached with some Light Effects turned on: CrossScreen, Glow and Stars. Industrial robot arms are textured with Anodized Aluminum from Carrara native content. I rendered the background robots serperate from the foreground and added a subtle Curves filter to each in post.

Thanks Headwax and Diomede for hosting the challenge!

final_002.jpg
    1290 x 1000 - 573K
    welding.jpg
    645 x 500 - 10K
    Post edited by DesertDude on
  • Bunyip02Bunyip02 Posts: 7,695

Alberto - final render looks superb

UB - very nicely placed straps on Vicky - looking good

DesertDude - love the Toon look, hope that leg's mending well

edited March 2019

Some great last minute additons!

UB - that V3 image is not just great it, could almost be your signature piece.  You are the master of the older generation figures.  yesyes

DesertDude - so much fun.  I'd love to see those models in an animated short.  Very expressive.

I am headed to the Entry thread to start the voting process.  Thank you to Andrew for such an inspiring theme, and an interesting change of pace (more serious).  Thank you to everyone who participated or visited. 

Please vote in the Entry thread.

Post edited by Diomede on

Thanks @Stezza_Carrara9 and @Bunyip02_Carrara for the well wishes.  smiley

• StezzaStezza Posts: 7,801
    Alberto said:

This is the crude rendered version.

As I used multipass rendering, after postwork:

Thank you!

love the ideas and thinking that Carrara'ists come up with.. awesome work Alberto

Resurrection of Victoria One

This is my second time to use V1 in a Challenge, so I guess this makes the resurrection official. smiley

However, I discovered that this version of V1 (which comes in the Mimic Lite package) is not the "full" V1, but rather a low-res NG version.  Still, it works for me.

The people are V1 and M3.  Shirt is M3 everyday wear.  Goggles come from B25 Steampunk Aviator.  The set is The Mad Lab, with some alterations and additions in the model room.  Carrara processes include, aura and text.   GMIC was used, as always.  No postwork.

just wow... you are getting mucherer better and betterer .. it's awesome seeing your development over time and how you have grasped the use of Carrara and it's tools.. very much enjoy viewing your works.

This is as much as I could get done for this image. Pretty simple modelingfor the most part - just some boxes and cylinders made in the Vertex Room, textured and assembled together. The two main robots have IK chains for their arms. A few of the objects have Aura enabled under the Effects Tab. The one industrial robot arm has a Bulb attached with some Light Effects turned on: CrossScreen, Glow and Stars. Industrial robot arms are textured with Anodized Aluminum from Carrara native content. I rendered the background robots serperate from the foreground and added a subtle Curves filter to each in post.

Thanks Headwax and Diomede for hosting the challenge!

this really grabs me... great work also.... so much great stuff by you all... and looks even betterer when viewing whilst sitting back with a coffee at lunch time yes

ed3D said:

I take it an extra 8 hours won't make the difference?

Hopefully, another time soon.

_No, not really   _But thanks kindly_

• UnifiedBrainUnifiedBrain Posts: 3,588

Sorry for the delayed responses.

UB - very nicely placed straps on Vicky - looking good

Thanks bunyip.  The secret is in the shadows. smiley

UB - that V3 image is not just great it, could almost be your signature piece.  You are the master of the older generation figures.  yesyes

I think that you meant V1, but thanks, I really appreciate the comment.  My experience is that with very little tweaking the old figures are just as useful as the new ones, at least for 95% of the renders I do.

just wow... you are getting mucherer better and betterer .. it's awesome seeing your development over time and how you have grasped the use of Carrara and it's tools.. very much enjoy viewing your works.

Thanks Stezza.  You continue to set the bar very high.  My grasp of Carrara tools is much less than you imagine, but your words are appreciated!

Another great Challenge.  Thanks to HW and Diomede for all of their work in making it happen!

Love the progress, Alberto and DesertDude 

Alberto - final render looks superb

love the ideas and thinking that Carrara'ists come up with.. awesome work Alberto

Thank you!