guideline to keep compatibility with ds 4.5

kitakoredazkitakoredaz Posts: 3,526
edited December 1969 in Daz Studio Discussion

I think , I will use daz 4.5 pro before too long.
but there is another file format , and sdk for 4.5.

I feel some of sceanes made by 4.0.3 pro may cause error in 4.5.

eventually, many of 4.0.3 users will use daz 4.5 , so I want to know the guideline to make sceane in daz 4.0.3.
which can use in 4.5 as same as before. (though we may only save the old sceane as .daz sceane files,,)

I made many morph , sceane, pose preset, and customized wardlobe ( customized V4 wardlobe to genesis) daz 4.0.3.

I think some of them may not be used in daz 4.5 .

if I know what cause error in daz 4.5, I may avoid to do it when I make new sceanes morphs or figures
and save them correctly those which I want to use in daz 4.5

so are there already known matters to be attended keep compatibility?

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,863
    edited December 1969

Scenes saved from 4.0 should open correctly in 4.5 -that is certainly the intention.

• kitakoredazkitakoredaz Posts: 3,526
    edited December 1969

>>

Scenes saved from 4.0 should open correctly in 4.5 -that is certainly the intention

I hope so. but before I tried 4.5. if I saved the sceane as .daz or .duf in 4.5 rc1,

it perfectly corrupted. that means I can not apply any change with the sceanes saved from 4.0.
    none hope to make and save such sceane in 4.0.

the reason was I had removed two shape morph for the figure of the sceane, after I save it.

But In 4.0 if I removed some morph and open the sceane file,
    the sceane not be corrupted.

I remember

you said , "make sphere and save as duf, then load it,"

I checked it, and ask again but you never reply about it.

then The topic of 4.5 rc1 was removed .

there are many report about old sceane saved by 4.0.

edited December 1969

Sorry, your reply may have been the day the forum decided to lose all my new post listings. Can you explain again what happened with your test scene saved from 4.0? Getting scenes reloaded and saved as .duf to work has been a known problem, and is something that is being worked on as I understand it.

edited July 2012

mmmh,, I am afraid if my topic bother you,,^^; I otjen mistake to use words,, it may bother people on this forum,,

(I think I would better not to make new topic, before I serch everything,
    because often I may miss something,,)

then my problem was I can not save the old sceane which had saved in ds 4.0 .3 and load on 4.5rc1

some kind men tell me you may save as .daz sceane file, and reload the sceane then save it as .duf,
    or it is better just save as .daz sceane file (on my case).

but on my case, if I save the old sceane as .daz sceane file on4.5 , then I load it again,
    the sceane is corrupted still.

I thonght the new ds 4.5 require every asset should be there when load the sceane ,.

I like change my shape morphs. sometimes I garbage away my morphs after I made the sceane.

actually when I load the old sceane, daz 4.5 allert that I lost some files.
    (then it was my handmade shape morph files which i garbaged)

but I had never met such erroer in ds 4.0.3. if it alert I miss some files, the figure shape not be corrupted,
    and I save it, the alert never occured.

so I feel if I use the sceane which I make by 4.0.3, I should keep some rules for reuse them on 4.5.

then, now I checked about moprhs.

some morphs which mistake node can not access on smart contents in 4.5?
    (i do not insatll 4.5 now, so I can not check it,,)

some morph products , it said " new file is corrected about node " in read me files.

so I should keep the rule when I made shape morph,, should not I? (in 4.5 rc)

but I do not know what is correct "node" for the morphs,,

I felt it is difficult to try 4.5 (I was angry on that time , though I made mistakes something,,)

I think you are busy for answer many question ,, so if you can get time, reply something please.

this question is not so improtant,, I feel. just want to describe here if there is rule to make sceane for 4.5.

I feel relive now. because I understand you do not ignore me.^^:

Post edited by kitakoredaz on
    edited December 1969

Missing file warnings may indicate that the \data folder to which those items were saved in 4.0 is not connected as a DA Studio content directory in 4.5 - the data folder used to save new files, such as custom morphs, will be the first directory listed under DAZ Studio Formats in Edit>Preferences>Content Library>Content Directory Management. That may not be the folder with the older data for the basic shapes and morphs.

edited December 1969

it means , I should change or move the handmade morphs (saved by ds 4) to another directory in ds 4.5 ?
    or just set the directory for ds recognize the location by contents directory manager?

(I remember animation block of animate2 should be set again in ds 4.5 )

I saved every morphs in \dazstudio4\Mylibrary(daz contents directory)\data\DAZ 3D\Genesis\Base\Morphs

(it seems to be decided the location by daz studio when I save the morphs as assets morphs,
    without productsname, and author name)

and I feel we can not access the datafolda by contents manager on 4.0,,

I just uninstalled 4.0.3 and install 4.5 rc application on defaut location
    and I did not change "daz contents directory",,.

I may understand how to do it, when I try 4.5 again.

edited December 1969

A .daz scene file does not use the files in \data\DAZ 3D\Genesis\..., it uses the files it saves in \data\4_0\somefolders in the first DAZ Studio Content Directory. if, for some reason, the parent folder is not selected as a DAZ Studio format content directory in 4.5 then the scenes will not load correctly.

edited December 1969

I perhaps can understand the structure of .daz sceane files , for your description, thank richard/

If I load the "A".daz sceane files , its call and gather (base geometries and, modified shape ( the value of the morph property and morphs file? ) of assets saved in ">data>4 0 2 > foldas ", and reappearance the sceane?
    anyway I did not touch the 4.0.2 folda (I thought they might be old plug ins folda or something, so did not check it),
    and did not change fyle location.

I remember there were hair and figure, only the figure shape was corrupted (extended the parts of body random),
    but I did not load and check other .daz old sceane files in 4.5 so, I can not check the cause of problem about
    if the 4.5 ds contents manager could not recognize the folda or files.

edited December 1969

Well, if the files aren't being found then the item will be missing - distortion is another issue, not directly related to missing files (unless it's caused by the lack of a morph).