Morphs I would like to see

People tend to not be perfect.  They have imperfections that are not symmetric.  What I would like to see are morphs that change each nostril independantly.  For isntance- I have an absolutely beautiful character morph I have created- looks exactly like who it is suppose to, save for the nostrils are all wrong.  Also morphs that can simulate pock marks (Like the kind you get when you have chicken pox and have scratched it) . 

It would be awesome to be able to place them where I want them or to be able to make them on my own.   Also I would like a product that places freckles as beauty parks.  Perhaps one that allows them to be placed in various spots as well... Im not sure if that is even doable.  But beauty marks and pock marks and nostril morph independance.

Comments

• IsaacNewtonIsaacNewton Posts: 1,300
    edited February 2019

Morphs to change different parts of the face independently could be made. However, depending on the base model you are working on, adding morphs to create small skin defects probably won't work. Genesis 8 has less than 20 k polygons, I believe, so the mesh density is not high enough to create realistic skin defects, Victoria 4 has more than 3 times the number of polygons of genesis 3 and 8 so you might be able to make some skin defect morphs on that character, but even so they would still have to be relatively large. Further you would not be able to place a mesh morphed defect where ever you like. Small skin defects/marks can be made in the Genesis figures using DAZ3d proprietary HD technology, but that is only available to DAZ3d vendors, not to the rest of us; again they would not be moveable. You can try making skin defects yourself by using displacement, normal or bump maps, along with matching texture changes to the diffuse map; then you can put them where ever you want. (You'll need a 2D graphics manipulation program, for example Photoshop.)

Post edited by IsaacNewton on
  • FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,563

If you are needing small specific detail like this, might be time to get a copy of Zbrush, Mudbox or another sculting tool and learn to make you own morphs

• I think X-Morphs can be used to create asymmetry in characters through combining different morphs: https://www.daz3d.com/x-morphs
  • FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,563
    I think X-Morphs can be used to create asymmetry in characters through combining different morphs: https://www.daz3d.com/x-morphs

It can and it does a good job, but unsure if it will work on such a small area like the nostrils.