dForce Wind Nod Effect

So I'm having a small issue. In a different saved file about a week ago, I used a wind node to make a flying character's hair flow like they were, well, flying. After getting the effect I wanted, I deleted the node and haven't touched it again. I created a new save with a completely new scene a few days later. New characters. New everything. DForce was set back to defaults and I figured everything would work.

However, when I go to simulate ANYTHING now, dForce acts as though there is still a wind node in effect. I've repeatedly set everything to default again. I make sure Gravity is set to default. I go through surface shaders to see if anything was changed and it isn't. I applied some dForce hair presets in an attempt to get styles I had had in the past, but EVERYTHING dForce related is acting like there's either no gravity at all, or like my character is in a massive whirlwind that has caused their hair to spiral like mad around their face and tangle. Clothing begins bunching up and starts flowing upward instead of down. I did recently purchase and install the new dForce magnets but they are not being utilized in any of the scenes, so I'm really confused as to what is going on. There's nothing in the Timeline that could possibly change this, either.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. DForce has been my life saver in making clothing and hair look more realistic, but this is driving me mad. 

Comments

• felisfelis Posts: 3,646

It is not something I have experienced, and have as such no direct experience.

But in terms of troubleshooting I would try to set up a scene as simple as possible to see if that is effected as well. If you make a scene with a plane as ground, and another plane set as dynamic and let it drop on a top of a cube. Does it then still seems to be effected by the wind node?

• felis said:

But in terms of troubleshooting I would try to set up a scene as simple as possible to see if that is effected as well. If you make a scene with a plane as ground, and another plane set as dynamic and let it drop on a top of a cube. Does it then still seems to be effected by the wind node?

I have done a few things like this and, yes, it does still happen. Anything with dForce on it begins floating upward. It's driving me nuts. I tried to make a water scene with the dForce pools, rivers, and showers and it happens. I"m really not understanding why. 

• Sven DullahSven Dullah Posts: 7,621
    edited February 2019
    felis said:

I have done a few things like this and, yes, it does still happen. Anything with dForce on it begins floating upward. It's driving me nuts. I tried to make a water scene with the dForce pools, rivers, and showers and it happens. I"m really not understanding why. 

Did you try removing the dForce modifyer and creating a new one?

Edit: Hmm so it's happening in every scene not just the original one? That is really odd, have no idea:(

A shot in the dark, try uninstalling the dForce magnets.

Post edited by Sven Dullah on
  • Leonides02Leonides02 Posts: 1,379

Did you ever get a solution for this, Raiden? I'm trying to drop some clothes on the ground and, for some reason, the cloth is floating off into space as if gravity doesn't exist...

• Sven DullahSven Dullah Posts: 7,621

Did you ever get a solution for this, Raiden? I'm trying to drop some clothes on the ground and, for some reason, the cloth is floating off into space as if gravity doesn't exist...

Didi you try turning the universe upside down?

laugh

• fastbike1fastbike1 Posts: 4,074

Do you have a floor in the scene (actual surface)? 

• SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 5,945

What type of drape?  I've had something similar happen and it ended up with me not allowing sufficient frames for the itesm to reach the ground!

• KravenKraven Posts: 16

Something I have tried is to turn off the "Self Collide" setting in the surfaces tab

• Was this ever resolved? I have the same problem running version 4.14. Every scene I run deforce on has wind blowing from somewhere, but there is no wind node being used in the scene. Hair blows up, clothing looks like it's always rippling from wind. Is this a bug?