Now Available, DAZ Studio Pro BETA (4.6.2.23)!

Comments

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

artistb3 said:
    Well, this only tends to reinforce the notion that DS exists primarily for vendor product development. I don't "think PAs" at all. Vendors are not the only people who have projects in development. Any diminishing of our workspace is a disruption in our workflow. If DAZ makes the beta for vendors, they should not make this a public beta. Instead, they should release it privately to vendors.

They're thinking of anyone who wants to use the beta while at the same time not disrupting their current projects.

• DAZ_SpookyDAZ_Spooky Posts: 3,100
    edited December 1969

anyway to DL this without DIM? my production PC is off-line at home for the foreseeable future, I have a connection at work and DIM has been in a holding pattern for the last 15 minutes on my Mac at work
    It is in a holding pattern because it is trying to update to the current version, which can appear to be hanging. May I suggest going to your Product Library, manually downloading the current version of Install Manager and running the Installer?
  • SotoSoto Posts: 1,437
    edited December 1969

This version is awesome.

- The property hierarchy is inmediate now, no more 5-10 minutes of waiting. One of the best improvements I can remember.

- Transition from Hexagon to DAZ Studio via the bridge is smoother. I can get custom morphs ready and in the desired place at once.

- New icons are nice too.

And that is from a very short period of testing. It's working great for me so far. Just the ERC Freeze improvement is already cool enough for me. :-)

• RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,146
    edited December 1969

To add a little note to Hellboy's .... when in the sam hill are you guys going to bring Hexagon up to date and improve things with that program? Or is it dead in the water and DAZ has moved on? I just downloaded the newest Wings as I need a simple modeler that's stable. Blender was a nice try for me but it's just too complicated.

• StratDragonStratDragon Posts: 3,167
    edited October 2013

Not able to get multiple selected items to react to the parameter adjustments.
    If I select both eyes and use up/down or left/right it only moves the last item I selected

[edit]
    if I select a group of morphs on a figure and attempt to adjust them all to a single value it only effects the last node I selected, this is very different behavior to 4.6.1.x and anything before.

I also use the underscore in folder names to put those folders at the top of the list to access them quickly. This is common practice and the default behavior in any Operating System and it was in DS before this update. I don't see a way to change the listings and the folders with the underscore are now all at the bottom of my lists making it more time consuming to scroll down to them. In fact if you browse to the folder in Studio your OS and your content does not match the listings.
    Is this going to be the behavior of names in the content from now on or is this an oversight?

ds.jpg
    245 x 222 - 15K
    win.jpg
    400 x 321 - 21K
    Post edited by StratDragon on
  • PuntomausPuntomaus Posts: 450
    edited December 1969

The Advanced Ambient Light isn't working in this version :( Anyone else noticed this too?

• Zev0Zev0 Posts: 7,045
    edited October 2013

Hellboy said:
    This version is awesome.

- The property hierarchy is inmediate now, no more 5-10 minutes of waiting. One of the best improvements I can remember.

- Transition from Hexagon to DAZ Studio via the bridge is smoother. I can get custom morphs ready and in the desired place at once.

- New icons are nice too.

And that is from a very short period of testing. It's working great for me so far. Just the ERC Freeze improvement is already cool enough for me. :-)

Yep..no more stripping out the data folder just to reduce property editor loading times:) ERC freezing is nice now, and best of all I can search for specific morphs:) I hated when a morphs started with a c and you had to keep pushing down, then you skip the morph you want by accident and goes back to the top of the list again. C's and P named morphs were a nightmare lol.

Post edited by Zev0 on
    edited December 1969

Yup, noticed that too. perfectly alphabetized and that's really helpful! Bruno's morphs were very easy to find, right there at the top to the pile!

edited December 1969

I forgot to mention that too, very helpful indeed.

• launoklaunok Posts: 782
    edited October 2013

Dear all,

Today I run across a problem when I have tried to install the latest version of DS4.6 Pro Beta. A white menu (as you will see on the attachment image) states DIM can't find the correct folder path and funny though it look for DS4.5 as per message. I have the latest version of DS4.6 Pro installed on my computer. Is this actually what is wrong on my side, that DS4.6 Pro and DS4.6 Pro Beta can't be installed on the same computer!? And why it wants DS4.5? I have very little space to have all Daz Studio versions to be installed together as well as Bryce among other stuff.

And in your opinion, is it worthwhile to try out the latest BETA? If this is a waste, then I can surely go without it since I am at the point of start learning DS4.6 Pro latest, full version. The Beta is maybe for the more experienced I reckon. I can't check now, but I think my version of DS4.6 is 4.6.1.17 something, well the very latest available, version just before this new Beta 4.6.2.23.

And another thing, I normally don't actually download programs via DIM. Up to now I have manually downloaded all to save it on disks for later use (if something goes wrong with pc, etc) but with this latest Beta there is no manual option, only DIM option. Or am I overlooking the manual install for the latest Beta!? I have also installed the latest DIM today directly from DAZ3D in case you think I am using the older DIM installer. So, nothing should be wrong with DIM in this instance.

Your help is much appreciated! :)

Laura

DIM_INSTALL_PROBLEM1.jpg
    1221 x 917 - 211K
    Post edited by launok on
    edited December 1969

- Try selecting the cog icon on the corner, go to Applications and click on the + icon bellow to add the installation path for DAZ Studio 4.5+

- I am enjoying the new Beta from a developer’s point of view. I have not tried rendering and regular stuff. I notice improvements on the things I have used so far, it’s helping me with my workflow, so I think it would be good to try it, but others might tell you more from an artist’s perspective. Only software is installed, no content, so I think you should be fine.

- 4.6 Pro and 4.6 Beta can both be installed in the same computer.

- There is no manual download for the Beta, only via DIM.

• launoklaunok Posts: 782
    edited December 1969

Hellboy said:
    - Try selecting the cog icon on the corner, go to Applications and click on the + icon bellow to add the installation path for DAZ Studio 4.5+

- I am enjoying the new Beta from a developer’s point of view. I have not tried rendering and regular stuff. I notice improvements on the things I have used so far, it’s helping me with my workflow, so I think it would be good to try it, but others might tell you more from an artist’s perspective. Only software is installed, no content, so I think you should be fine.

- 4.6 Pro and 4.6 Beta can both be installed in the same computer.

- There is no manual download for the Beta, only via DIM.

Hellboy,

Thank you for the info and help, much appreciated! :)

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,858
    edited December 1969

Puntomaus said:
    The Advanced Ambient Light isn't working in this version :( Anyone else noticed this too?

Since it's a separate version from the release version, if you haven't had a beta installed before you will need to either reinstall the shader (from DIM) or manually copy its files from the release application folder to the public beta application folder. That's true of most shaders and all plugins.

edited December 1969

Load V4
    Inject morph targets with power loader
    save file

close DS
    reload file
    get these errors:

missing.jpg
    488 x 1283 - 213K
    edited December 1969

I am reporting through the link in the first page... Would it be a good idea to post here as well?

edited December 1969

One thing I am having issues with is the Symmetry dialog. Doesn't matter what I try, some of my poses that I've created that I want to make a mirror of just keeps getting botched up. Not sure if it's a bug or it's me. I THINK it's a bug.

• Lissa_xyzLissa_xyz Posts: 6,116
    edited December 1969

Load V4
    save file

close DS
    reload file
    get these errors:

I can't reproduce this, and I injected everything I've got. I tried both scene and scene subset using both double clicking and right click > merge.
    v4_injected.png
    620 x 965 - 136K
    edited December 1969

Vaskania said:
    Load V4
    save file

close DS
    reload file
    get these errors:

I can't reproduce this, and I injected everything I've got. I tried both scene and scene subset using both double clicking and right click > merge.

when you reload the scene are the morphs adjustable? some of mine show but don't work unless I re-inject them.

• PuntomausPuntomaus Posts: 450
    edited December 1969

Puntomaus said:

Since it's a separate version from the release version, if you haven't had a beta installed before you will need to either reinstall the shader (from DIM) or manually copy its files from the release application folder to the public beta application folder. That's true of most shaders and all plugins.

Yay, works again. Thanks, Richard.

edited December 1969

Double clicking a project will load the project, it will overwrite your scene and not warn you.

edited December 1969

Double clicking a project will load the project, it will overwrite your scene and not warn you.

From the Content Library? I just tried and was prompted to save.

edited December 1969

RAMWolff said:
    One thing I am having issues with is the Symmetry dialog. Doesn't matter what I try, some of my poses that I've created that I want to make a mirror of just keeps getting botched up. Not sure if it's a bug or it's me. I THINK it's a bug.

Had you used any PoseControl sliders? Those have never been affected by Symmetry. I just tried, and as I expected the actual direct posing mirrored correctly but the pose control finger bends didn't.

edited December 1969

Yea, figured that out early on. Nope these are completely home spun poses. I'm baffled. I'm at work so I can't post screen grabs or exact menu terms but it's the "Swap" option for sure.

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

The beta and release can be installed side-by-side. The beta is only available through DIM to ensure it doesn't interfere with the general release. In DIM, go to Settings (the gear icon in the upper right corner) > Applications and post a screenshot.

• SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232
    edited December 1969

I also use the underscore in folder names to put those folders at the top of the list to access them quickly. This is common practice and the default behavior in any Operating System and it was in DS before this update. I don't see a way to change the listings and the folders with the underscore are now all at the bottom of my lists making it more time consuming to scroll down to them.

Something like this happened when D|S4.0 came out — the unofficial standard push-to-top-of-list prefix in Poser and earlier D|S versions was a "~", then in 4.0 all of a sudden that was pushed to the bottom of lists, so (after some experimenting) I had to change all my "~" to "!". Annoying, and not the only 4.0 UI annoyance that put me off shifting from D|S3 for quite a while. Will it be all change on the prefix front all over again when the new beta's had all the other kinks hammered flat?

In fact, now that I've been reminded of that, is there any chance of reintroducing IMHO a very user-friendly pre-4.0 behaviour? Opening a content folder name used to snap that folder to the top of the Content Library tab; in 4.0+ the folder simply drops open (this is in View As Tree mode, no Smart Content, no Categories, just as I've always used D|S ever since the pre-1.0 days). The current behaviour slows me down significantly when trying to navigate quickly across a large span and multiple depth of folders. (And yes, this was another turned-me-right-off-4.0 thing.)

• Lissa_xyzLissa_xyz Posts: 6,116
    edited December 1969

Vaskania said:
    Load V4
    save file

close DS
    reload file
    get these errors:

when you reload the scene are the morphs adjustable? some of mine show but don't work unless I re-inject them.
    Yes, they work.

• SpitSpit Posts: 2,342
    edited December 1969

I didn't install this beta but I'm sure the problem (for me) that was introduced in 4.0 (I think) still exists. When dragging a slider in parameters, studio suddenly lets go of the mouse and you find that you've clicked on something else. Then the pointer completely disappears and the only way to get it back is to quit DS. It may be video card related and I'm not sure it happens to everyone.

The below is predicated on the fact I'm a mad mouser and never use shortcuts beyond ctrl-c ctrl-v and haven't bothered to learn any others. Sue me. :)

Happened to me again last night and here's a tip for keyboard shortcut challenged users to be able to save your render and your scene before you quit if it happens to you. If your mouse pointer goes over a button/icon that changes on mouseover, you can see where you are but it's still difficult to find the exact spot you need to be---especially if you're in a panic because you haven't saved the latest changes to your scene yet...

Open an Explorer Window and position it over Studio so the top of the window is just under the menu (or icon) you want to hit in Studio. The pointer shows up in Explorer so you can easily move vertically directly to the spot you need to click. .If it's the File Menu, it will open and you can move down to the item you need (save, save last render, save as, whatever). The items highlight so you know when to click. The save window has full mouse functionality so you're all set.

HTH

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    edited December 1969

Disappearing cursor - mouse pointer going poof?
    On my PC when pointer goes “poof”, I manouver (invisible) it to “Viewport options” top right hand corner of viewport and left click, it re-apears.

• SpitSpit Posts: 2,342
    edited December 1969

Kerya said:
    Disappearing cursor - mouse pointer going poof?
    On my PC when pointer goes “poof”, I manouver (invisible) it to “Viewport options” top right hand corner of viewport and left click, it re-apears.

Do you mean the little menu (with change background color, etc.?). Only thing on the top right for me is is the controls for orbit, pan, zoom etc. But if that's what you mean I could find it even if I might need an explorer window to do so.

Thanks.

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    edited December 1969

Yes - that is the one - the four lines with an arrow.
    As even the invisible mousepointer highlights stuff when I hover invisible over a button/menu entry, I manouver around until it lights up and click on it.