modeling shoes for genesis

VicSVicS Posts: 1,184
edited December 1969 in Hexagon Discussion

I would like to model shoes, I need to make the form first to make the shoes around, unfortunately I'm new with hexagon, as seen in the image I am trying to make, If there is someone willing to give a few lessons or advice please let me know, or I can pay someone make any custom video for this, thank you.

2013-10-13_214352.jpg
1621 x 953 - 249K

Comments

• patience55patience55 Posts: 7,006
    edited December 1969

I would like to model shoes, I need to make the form first to make the shoes around, unfortunately I'm new with hexagon, as seen in the image I am trying to make, If there is someone willing to give a few lessons or advice please let me know, or I can pay someone make any custom video for this, thank you.

Joequick has some starter suits over at sharecg.com that may help the learning process.

One imports in the figure in the zeroed position, and then models mesh around the figure to create the clothing item.

Free tutorial type information over in Nuts' n Bolts someplace [I have a couple of Let's make clothing threads in there].

• WilmapWilmap Posts: 2,917
    edited December 1969

If you want good tutorials you could try Fugazi's Boot and Shoe Tutorials on Renderosity. They are part of The Digital tailor series. They are aimed at Poser mainly and he uses Silo, but they are easy to follow and adapt to other modelling programs. I started using his tutorials and they helped me a lot.

• RoygeeRoygee Posts: 2,247
    edited December 1969

Take a look at this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pQuyrHSEjLE - one of the better clothing modelers. It is in two parts. No audio and she uses sub-D and shortcuts, so you will need to have a reasonable understanding of Hex to follow, but well worth looking at.