Still can't install Dynamic Clothing Control

AdrienKAdrienK Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in Daz Studio Discussion

I have made numerous attempts to install the dynamic clothing control both manually and with DIM. In all cases it can't find the application path and halts the install. People have made various suggestions, and I have updated DAZ Studio to the latest version. I think I have followed all suggestions and still have the same problem.

Comments

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

In DIM, can you go to Settings > Applications and post a screenshot? Are you trying to install Dynamic Clothing Control for the release or for the beta?

• AdrienKAdrienK Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

The Dynamic Clothing Control is the public build. Here's the screenshot you asked for:

DIM_Screen_Shot.PNG
    702 x 540 - 113K
  • JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Silly question, are you installing the same BIT Dynamic File as the BIT of the DS File? 32 to 32 or 64 to 64?

edited December 1969

It's not a silly question, but yes they are both for 64 bit.

edited December 1969

Can I see your Plugins LIST? From inside DAZ Studio? Help Menu>About Installed Plugins and get Dynamic on the Shown part here is mine as I just started adding my Plugins again on a New PC.

Capture-001.png
    567 x 237 - 30K
    edited October 2013

Okay, I just thought of ONE possible reason. Did you install DAZ Studio with the DIM? This is supposed to be fixed but I have seen on some PC's a DIM install cause plugins to fail because for some reason the plugin is calling the INI file that DAZ Studio creates when Installed from the EXE type of install. A Manual exe install of DAZ Studio will not change your settings or content but might fix the plugin error.

Post edited by Jaderail on
  • fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

The one that says "Public Build" is for the public beta -- for the release version you should have a DIM download that doesn't say "Public Build".

edited December 1969

Hmmm... My Dynamic Public Build CLEARLY says INACTIVE on it. I thought it should for all. To me that says do not use.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,191
    edited October 2013

"Inactive" generally means the product is not in the store, it doesn't necessarily mean it should be used.

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
  • SimonWMSimonWM Posts: 924
    edited December 1969

Have you checked that the last numbers of your DAZ Studio version and your dynamic clothes plugin version match?

edited December 1969

OK I just re-installed DAZ Studio from the web site, manually. It looks like I now have the full version of the Dynamic Clothiing Control once I entered the serial number. It has settings for physics, preferences, wind, etc. Apparently I never needed to download it separately but only had to enter the serial number. Thanks everyone for your help :-)