Transfer Utility Freezes

PsyckosamaPsyckosama Posts: 495

Every time I try and apply the Transfer Utility to fit clothing to a non-standard morph to Gen 8 female, daz freezes at 22% when creating the "projection map".

Any ideas at a work around?

Post edited by Psyckosama on

Comments

• Syrus_DanteSyrus_Dante Posts: 983
    edited January 2019

...fit clothing to a non-standard morph...

Just an idea... if there are currently any self made morphs on the Gen 8 female in the scene file you are working on, first make shure to save those morphs with File>Save As>Support Asset>Morph Asset to the library to have them loaded by default with the figure if its added to another scene.

Then its best to start with a new scene and load a fresh Genesis 8 female figure and the clothing from the Content Library before using the Transfer Utility.

If the morphs are not saved as Morph Assets but "embedded" in the scene file you see that the Transfer Utility history log under the progress dialog will load the "scene file".duf instead of a "morph name".duf for every embedded custom morphs that makes it take forever - I've see that before.

Post edited by Syrus_Dante on
  • Syrus_DanteSyrus_Dante Posts: 983
    edited January 2019

Actualy I wonder why you would want to use the Transfer Utility to fit the clothing in the first place.

If the clothing gets fitted to the figure all currently used morphs should get projected automaticly into the clothes.

If this dosn't work well then try save the Morph Asset first. Then delete the figure from the scene, save the scene, restart DazStudio, load the scene and load the figure fresh from the library before you try to fit the clothing again. This preparation will make shure the "embedded" morphs are gone and all new morph assets you saved gets loaded from the library.

Post edited by Syrus_Dante on
  • I think I found a stable workflow now, in case somebody else is doing this for Unity export of clothes only with morphs. This freezing happened to me when I was using Transfer Utility on them a second time, to get the morphs, too, but actually this is not needed.

This works for me:

1. Have the weight painted and rigged clothes first saved as Figure/Prop Assets
    2. Have a Gen 8 character selected when adding the clothes prop oin the character. It will be parented to the character and the morphs get transferred at this stage.
    3. Right-click on the clothes and select "Unparent", unparenting it from the character (otherwise you get the character too in the export).
    4. Having the clothes selected, export it.

I am using Unofficial DTU bridge and doing this:

1. In the export dialog, make sure to first check the Asset Name to match the clothing, because the exporter wants to save it under the character's name
    2. Select Show FBX Dialog
    3. In the FBX Dialog, select Include Morphs, and check the Export Rules that the desired morphs are included
  • I cannot fit custom made clothes anymore, use the figure setup, and all goes well, until the final phase when i fit the new item of clothing to G8F, it then gets stuck at the same stage, 22% on doing the projection map, i have no idea why this is now doing ths, and it's doing the same thing on clothing that i have made before and never had this issue, this only has started happening since the latest update to 4.22.016. and i am using 4.21, as i was annoyed with missing and bugged features in 4.22 (have got both on my system), i think 4.22 has changed something in the registry that has messed up fitting the clothing to the figure. any ideas?