Noob questions on making a morph

Just to be sure I have this right - when you create a morph for an object, a vehicle, wardrobe, anything, you export in base res, right?

And if it doesn't keep exactly the same number of edges, faces, and vertices (though I suppose, if you change one of those, you change all of them, but you know what I mean :) ), otherwise, it's not a "morph" but a geograft you want to use, and that's a whole different sack of cats[sup]1[/sup], right?

1 - SickleYield. (2017, January 01). Geograft/Clothes With Extra Bones In Daz Studio 4.9 

Comments

• TZORGTZORG Posts: 148

Yes, export at base resolution, and you can't change the mesh except to move the points around. If you make a geograft you're replacing a body part, so that's quite different I would think.

• PaintboxPaintbox Posts: 1,633

And if you import it back into DAZ, the vertex numbering has to stay the same.

• TZORG said:

Yes, export at base resolution, and you can't change the mesh except to move the points around. If you make a geograft you're replacing a body part, so that's quite different I would think.

Thank you! And, yep - as noted - it's a whole different sack of cats.  One I look forward to sticking both arms down into, but not today :)

• Paintbox said:

And if you import it back into DAZ, the vertex numbering has to stay the same.

Dude, wait, what?  A spotlight has been shone into the depths of my ignorance.  I shall now go a-Googling. :)

• Cris PalominoCris Palomino Posts: 11,151

Basically, it means no adding or deletion of geometry.

• TZORGTZORG Posts: 148

Also the vertices have to stay in the same order in the file. That is the numbering part.

• jake_fjake_f Posts: 226

You think that's a nube question?  Hell, I don't even know what a morph is.  I think I win.  smiley

• Thank you, everyone :)

Jake - run! Once you start making your own stuff, it's all over. ;)