No autofit prompt for wrong figure's outfit (Genesis 1, resolved)

TZORGTZORG Posts: 148
edited January 2019 in Daz Studio Discussion

Hello, 3DU's Sadie for Genesis 1 included a Sadie clone for Genesis, so that G1 can wear old Sadie clothes. So I had the idea to try to reverse this and make a G1 clone for a converted version of the original Sadie. I loaded original Sadie, converted to TriAx, and converted the same mesh into an outfit (export .obj, import .obj, transfer utility to make an outfit). Then I tried to fit this outfit to Genesis 1, expecting an autofit prompt from which I could select Sadie as the originally intended figure. However, there is no prompt. Instead, my Sadie mesh is elevated a bit and kind of mirrors the G1 pose, but it has not obtained the G1 bones. (It still has the Sadie bones obtained from the Transfer Utility.)

Any idea what are the prerequisites for getting an autofit prompt?

Now as I was typing this I figured out that I could use the Transfer Utility to fit the mesh directly to Genesis by telling it to reverse the Sadie clone shape from the mesh. So, my converted Sadie now has a Genesis 1 clone. Confirmed to work by using Transfer Utility to put G1 outfits on converted Sadie. But still, I have the same issue here, that I don't receive an autofit prompt when fitting Genesis 1 clothes to converted Sadie. The Transfer utility method is a lot more clicks than autofit!

Thanks. (Pic included for no reason)

20190117_sadieCvtd1.png
700 x 700 - 365K
Post edited by TZORG on

Comments

• TZORGTZORG Posts: 148

Actually I can make this much simpler... Load any .obj at all into Figure Setup and create the figure. That's a legitimate figure. Try to fit some Genesis outfit to it, and there is no Autofit prompt. Why not? (It's not because no clones are available... that's easily tested.)

I was wondering, does it need to be a "product"? When I save a figure it shows up in Smart Content, but it does not have an "explore product" option when you right click. It just has "explore user assets." In my situation above where I was fitting an outfit to Genesis and not getting the prompt, the outfit I was fitting had at least originally been fitted to my "non-product" figure. So maybe it is tainted due to that?

Seems to be Genesis 1-related. Clothing for any other Genesis figure will raise a prompt.

Here's ChibiBel using a G3F clone

20190117_chibibel1.png
    700 x 700 - 369K
  • LeanaLeana Posts: 11,032

Since you say it works with newer Genesis figures, maybe try reinstalling G1? There have been quite a few changes to autofit along the years, so there might have been an update to G1 that you don't have installed.

It's a good idea... But it looks like I only installed G1 on this computer a couple of months ago...