medieval lands product

https://www.daz3d.com/medieval-lands ;

Not sure if this is common for this product > on Windows 10 this doesnt seem to load correctly and I dont relish the idea of hunting for the materials. frown

Comments

• Looks like you are rendering in 3Delight, if you are then it's not going to work !

• Nope that's just a generic Octane render to see whats what.

The maps arent attached to the objects, I had to manually add them. And all I will say is that... I am used to Stonemason. Who isnt cool?

Just not good enough for what I was looking to do with it...

• And Midnight_stories Holy Sh*t that "Res Mortifera" figure is crazy cool....that is on my list now.

• I've got the Octane render plugin and never found it that easy to use, there's just so much to try and keep in the head, so there will be a trick to the transparency maps !

Hope someone with a bit more of a clue can help :)

• MattymanxMattymanx Posts: 6,879

You may want to change the title of your thread to express that you need help getting this to render in Ocatane because the product is designed for use in Daz Studio and it states on the product page that it is optimized for Iray.

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,905
    edited January 2019

you may be able to at least use the surface select to right click choose all with the same diffuse map

and in Octane can select all combine linked maps

then you only need edit those materials not every prop

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
  • Material of ground is non-standard, it is created in the shader mixer on the basis of PBR material for DAZ Studio Iray, so it will not be easy to transfer such material to the Octane render.

On your screenshot you can see that there is not enough alpha and translucent maps for trees.

• IvyIvy Posts: 7,158
    edited January 2019

I was able to convert this set over to Poser & 3dl Materials pretty easy and it looks pretty good . but you have to manually change the mats  the set only came with iray mats

Here is a sample of one of my test renders using Glassye poser skydome  Another beautiful product by Andrey Pestryakov

click for full size its a huge render

Once Upon A Time there was this far away land.jpg
    2560 x 1440 - 247K
    Post edited by Ivy on
  • dramenondramenon Posts: 52
    edited January 2019
    Mattymanx said:

You may want to change the title of your thread to express that you need help getting this to render in Ocatane because the product is designed for use in Daz Studio and it states on the product page that it is optimized for Iray.

Nope,

1. Mattymanx Dont need help just confirming my suspicions. I use Octane perfectly well within Daz Studio. In fact the latest version Octane 4 is really really good with current Daz Studio.
    2. "but you have to manually change the mats  the set only came with iray mats" Thanks Ivy! I'll give it an effort to re-map on my downtime.
    3. Midnight_stories When I purchase that figure I'll have to post a render from Octane. I agree Octane needs a more approachable interface. I offered to help them with such but no luck convicning them yet... And once you do get a hang of it you will never use iRay or anything else like it again.

Post edited by dramenon on
  • Ivy said:

I was able to convert this set over to Poser & 3dl Materials pretty easy and it looks pretty good . but you have to manually change the mats  the set only came with iray mats

Here is a sample of one of my test renders using Glassye poser skydome  Another beautiful product by Andrey Pestryakov

click for full size its a huge render

What a wonderful job you did, Ivy!  I'm not sure I'm willing to spend the time to convert the materials for the set, but you made me think about it ;-)  Love the skydome, too - isn't it amazing how the right sky can be the feather in the cap?

• MelissaGTMelissaGT Posts: 2,610
    edited October 2021

Sorry to necro this old post, but I just got around to trying out this set for the first time and it appears to not load with grass. There is grass pictured in the promos, such as this one - 

Here's what loads for me, same camera - 

I tried uninstalling and reinstalling and still no grass or bushes. There are only two preloads in the download, but the product page lists out several. 

*edit* Looks like the 2nd preload loads with the grass and shrubs set to invisible. Mkay. Anyways...I think I'm all set. 

Post edited by MelissaGT on
  • Are the invisible grass and shrubs under a single grouping where you can un-hide them all at once, or do you have to go around individually selecting them and setting them to visible? That would be annoying.

• AllenArtAllenArt Posts: 7,144

Maybe loads as invisible because it slows down the software. One of those things you keep hidden until right before you render. LOL

zombiewhacker said:

Are the invisible grass and shrubs under a single grouping where you can un-hide them all at once, or do you have to go around individually selecting them and setting them to visible? That would be annoying.

It's a single grouping, but it was moderately annoying to have to spend time figuring out that it loaded as invisible. I suppose I should have expanded the primary groups, but I dunno. *shrugs* 

AllenArt said:

Maybe loads as invisible because it slows down the software. One of those things you keep hidden until right before you render. LOL

You're probably right...though I'd be loading up the foreground and background with heaptons more shrubbery and grass, even with the included grass, because it looks kinda sparse on its own.  

• Was your example image a render? If it was a preview, it's possible that they were instances, and instances were set to invisible in preview? That's not uncommon, or didn't used to be. I know there is a setting to switch that quickly I just don't remember where it is.

AlmightyQUEST said:

Was your example image a render? If it was a preview, it's possible that they were instances, and instances were set to invisible in preview? That's not uncommon, or didn't used to be. I know there is a setting to switch that quickly I just don't remember where it is.

Already solved, as indicated in my original post. The grass loads set to invisible.