Looking for makeup...

AllenArtAllenArt Posts: 7,145
edited January 2019 in The Commons

Does anyone know where I can get NORMAL everyday makeup overlays either here or elsewhere for Genesis 3 and/or 8? I know Daz has lots of extreme types, but I have enough of those and I want just stuff a normal gal would wear to work every day. I saw one in the store here from Sickleyield and Fuseling but it's not exactly what I'm looking for either. Any help would be greatly appreciated :).

Laurie

Post edited by AllenArt on

Comments

• AllenArt said:

Does anyone know where I can NORMAL everyday makeup overlays either here or elsewhere for Genesis 3 and/or 8? I know Daz has lots of extreme types, but I have enough of those and I want just stuff a normal gal would wear to work every day. I saw one in the store here from Sickleyield and Fuseling but it's not exactly what I'm looking for either. Any help would be greatly appreciated :).

Laurie

Do you have Skin Builder? You can even make your own masks pretty easily, if you want something even more subtle than the prepackaged options. It's a little more work than using an existing set, but you do get quite a bit of control.

• HylasHylas Posts: 4,799

This was on my wishlist for a while: https://www.daz3d.com/ultimate-make-up-for-genesis-8-female-s

(Ended up not buying it and making my own makeup in photoshop instead, so can't vouch for the product.)

• Carola OCarola O Posts: 3,823

I love Ultimate Make up for g8f, use it quite often :) 

• 3Diva3Diva Posts: 11,287
    edited January 2019
    AllenArt said:

Does anyone know where I can NORMAL everyday makeup overlays either here or elsewhere for Genesis 3 and/or 8? I know Daz has lots of extreme types, but I have enough of those and I want just stuff a normal gal would wear to work every day. I saw one in the store here from Sickleyield and Fuseling but it's not exactly what I'm looking for either. Any help would be greatly appreciated :).

Laurie

My girl Asira comes with 40 eye makeup options and 36 lip makeup options as well as 5 strength settings for the eye makeup and 8 strength settings for the lip makeup. So the makeup can be adjusted from "loud" to "subtle". All the makeup is usable on G8F and G3F characters. The makeup uses the Diffuse Overlay channel though, so it's best to use with figures that either have brows on the face map or fibermesh brows, rather than brows that use the diffuse channel. :)

Here's Asira's eye and lip makeup on Sydney 8 + Leony's fibermesh brows:

G8F - Sydney 8 w Asira Makeup.png
    800 x 800 - 1M
    Post edited by 3Diva on
  • AllenArtAllenArt Posts: 7,145

Actually, I do have Skin Builder....LOL. I never even gave it a thought for some reason o.O

Laurie

• I can vouch for Ultimate Makeup as well.

• AllenArtAllenArt Posts: 7,145

Well, Skin Builder is a good option, but oy....even when I try to go light I go heavy...lol. Plus, I had a little trouble lining up the lips as you can see ;). Photoshop it is I guess.

Laurie

Sydney MU 01 SB 2.jpg
    800 x 800 - 275K
  • HylasHylas Posts: 4,799

For what it's worth, this is the eye makeup I use most often. Paste on base map and translucency map in Photoshop.

make-up 01.png
    4096 x 4096 - 422K