Tired of Sassy, need Awkward

There are a LOT of pose sets out there fo fashion models but a very limited set for body languages such as a man or woman feeling awkward, bashful, timid, hesitant, unready/untrained in combat, cowardly, etc. I would mlove to see a pose set that addresses these and more.

Comments

• RKane_1 said:

There are a LOT of pose sets out there fo fashion models but a very limited set for body languages such as a man or woman feeling awkward, bashful, timid, hesitant, unready/untrained in combat, cowardly, etc. I would mlove to see a pose set that addresses these and more.

That's a great idea! Especially since we have nerdy characters (Simon) and the teen characters. Plus some facial expressions to go along with it, would really add to the realism. 

• Me too!

• What i also see less in shop is the poses for male genesis...i mean 80 or more % is just females... 

• frankrblowfrankrblow Posts: 2,052
    edited January 2019

Why not make your own? It's not hard, and with a little practice it's faster than searching through a long list of poses. These two poses only took a few minutes each:

Awkward_01.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 1M
    Post edited by frankrblow on
  • Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,689

More male poses would be great.  How about guilty poses/expressions or oops I got caught with another woman or something like that?

• RKane_1RKane_1 Posts: 3,037

I agree, Miss Bad Wolf and theforceunleashed3!  :) More male poses would be great. i typically only buy pose products if they are for both sexes only.

dragonfly_2004, as for making my own, I do all the time. I am trying to spend less time on posing and more on story building. If the poses are done for me already, it takes less time to pout them in and then tweak. :)

• Worlds_EdgeWorlds_Edge Posts: 2,142

Why not make your own? It's not hard, and with a little practice it's faster than searching through a long list of poses. These two poses only took a few minutes each:

Love those poses dragonfly but you would laugh at my attempts to create poses.  This would likely take me an hour to do and my characters would look stiff/unrealistic.  But practice does make perfect so I probably need to get on that!

• frankrblowfrankrblow Posts: 2,052
    edited February 2019

Thanks, World_Edge. Like most, I spent a lot of money on poses in my early days using Studio. Now, I only get poses if they are bundled with what I'm really interested in. Anyone can make poses and expressions, with just a little effort and observation; it's not as if we have to model anything after all. And money you save can be spent on better things. Persevere! wink

EDIT: It's easier, too, if you start from an existing pose, and you probably already have many to choose from. I expect you are already doing that, so you're on your way. You could also keep your eyes open for (free) tutorials on how to pose characters. Maybe by the time G9 is out, you'll have no need to spend money on poses (which mostly get repeated from pose set to pose set).

Post edited by frankrblow on
  • RobinsonRobinson Posts: 751

Can I add a +1 for this.  We need more awkward and less sassy.

• Yes for Gen 8 please .

• BomberBomber Posts: 120

Cautious and fearful poses would be good too. Think scooby doo where the gang tiptoes around every corner with a worried look on their face.

• andreretogasserandreretogasser Posts: 256
    edited March 2019

Yep, I also belong to the group of people (unfortunately, apparently a minority) which find the "world of the beautiful and rich" rather boring.

My recommendation on the topic AWKWARD are the   https://www.daz3d.com/shy-girl-poses-for-teen-josie-8-and-victoria-8 ; poses. I use those very often.

My top list would be poses and smart props related to carrying, lifting and pulling of bags, chests etc.

581 best in darkest africa 1891 images on Pinterest ...

Post edited by andreretogasser on
  • RKane_1RKane_1 Posts: 3,037
    edited March 2019

This one, right?

https://www.daz3d.com/shy-girl-poses-for-teen-josie-8-and-victoria-8

That is a great set. Wishlisted right away. :)

Thanks! :)

Post edited by RKane_1 on
  • andreretogasserandreretogasser Posts: 256
    edited March 2019

My pleasure. I recommend the poses, use them very often and without too much adjustments!

They are more versatile than you would think based on the product description and pictures ....

Post edited by andreretogasser on
  • XenomorphineXenomorphine Posts: 2,421

Poses can usually be applied to both genders, even if advertised for one.

True, but not all G8F poses transfer to G8M well unless you want effeminate males.

• Poses can usually be applied to both genders, even if advertised for one.

True, but not all G8F poses transfer to G8M well unless you want effeminate males.

Well, you know some people are going to wanna render effiminate males, too.  Its a diverse world.  :D

Well, you know some people are going to wanna render effiminate males, too.  Its a diverse world.  :D

I know that is why I say unless.