Entry Thread - Carrara Challenge 44 - Any Element, not Just the 5th Daz

Comments

• TynkereTynkere Posts: 834

In numerical order:

#09 - "Those Primordial Elements of Conflict and Strife Are On the Rise Again"
    #12 - "Skeleton Rampage"
    #20 - "Phosphorus"

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,817

Entry #13
    Title: "Bruce The Wizard Lost in the Magic Forest (again)."
    Artist:  headwax :)

Entry #8
    Title: Compact Fluorescent Light Bulb
    Artist:Stezza

Entry #14
    Title: Hunters and Hunted in the Elements
    Artist: Diomede (Ted Murphy)

• Bunyip02Bunyip02 Posts: 7,695

Could have voted for far more than three !!!!

Entry #13
    Category:  A

Entry #: 17
    Title: Elements of War (You Sank My Battleship!)
    Artist: Mark D. Olsen (MDO2010)
    Category: B

Entry #:21
    Title: Kite Flying
    Artist: DesertDude
    Category:   A

• mtnmenmtnmen Posts: 444

#20...Phosphorus...Alberto (Alvin Bemar)... catagory A

#12... Skeleton's Revenge...headwax...catagory B

#13... Bruce the Wizard Lost in the Magic Forest (again)...headwax... catagory A

• S RayS Ray Posts: 398

Entry #:20
    Title: Phosphorus
    Artist: Alberto (Alvin Bemar)

Entry #11
    Title:  "The Adventures of Bruce the Wizard - wherein Bruce loses his new contact lenses."

Entry #8

• UnifiedBrainUnifiedBrain Posts: 3,588

Entry #8

Artist: Stezza

Comment:  I have no clue how he did half the stuff, but it looked cool!

Entry #12

Title:  "Skeleton Rampage"

Artist:  Headwax

Category:  B

Comment:  Exceeded the Old Masters on this one.  His spherical camera render (#13) was stunning as well.

Entry #20

Title:  Phosphorus

Artist:  Alberto (Alvin Bemar)

Comment:  Great pose and lighting.  Didn't have to stretch to fit the Challenge theme. :)

Hard to vote as usual.  Shout out to DesertDude for an awesomely creative solution for grass in the foreground, and to Diomede for his magic mountain (and for stepping up and hosting).

• 0oseven0oseven Posts: 626

1] Entry #13

2] Entry #12
    Title: "Skeleton Rampage"

3] Entry #: 3
    Title: Wild Seas
    Artist: Bunyip02

• HenryhorHenryhor Posts: 258

Entry #:21
    Title: Kite Flying
    Artist: DesertDude

Entry #11
    Title:  "The Adventures of Bruce the Wizard - wherein Bruce loses his new contact lenses."

Entry #: 4
    Title: Let there be light

• HansmarHansmar Posts: 2,756

Some very wonderful works here!

Entry #:20

Category:   A (Multipass)

I love the facial expression and the light in and around the vial.

Entry #11

Category: B

Great atmosphere in this one. Love the greytone approach.

Entry #14

Title: Hunters and Hunted in the Elements

Artist: Diomede (Ted Murphy)

Category: A -Multipass

Great colour effects, very artistic

• JamahoneyJamahoney Posts: 1,791

1, 15, and 21

• VIArtsVIArts Posts: 1,496

Entry #:20

Category: A (Multipass)

Entry #14

Title: Hunters and Hunted in the Elements

Artist: Diomede (Ted Murphy)

Category: A -Multipass

Entry #8

Category: A

• TheKDTheKD Posts: 2,674

Entry #13

Reminds me of a fantasy book cover, supercool

Entry #12
    Category:  B

Could easily be cover art for the kinda music I listen to :)

• HeadwaxHeadwax Posts: 9,924
    edited February 2019

thank you TheKD

Well, what a super challenge :) Lovely to see a few new faces and a few old new faces in the line up. Very hard to pick again, - which is a good thing. Must say the bar keeps getting raised. Always astonished by what people are pulling out of their hats. And once again thans to our Fearless Leader Diomede for running a sparkling show :)

Entry #: 3 Title: Wild Seas Artist: Bunyip02  - lots of brooding emotion in this. A superb combination of stylised elements go to set the scene.  (Number 4 was also a ripper)

Entry #9 Title: Those Primordial Elements of Conflict and Strife Are On the Rise Again  - Artist:  UnifiedBrain  ; Once again a gloomy scene (must be the rain) gives us the feeling of a narrative - wonderful metaphors hanging on the horizon.

Entry #:21 Title: Kite Flying Artist: DesertDude - pretty astounding thinking outside the box in this one. Intriguing to see, not only a combination of analogue and digital, but parts of the emotive and historical past used in such an interesting way.

HM (well if there was one) : Congrats to Artist: Tynkere (Bruce) for his first challenge!  Such a good job after so little time with the software, and I can see wonderful things coming from Bruce in th future. 

Can I also say that I loved the viewpoint angle of Mark's work, and also the glow in Alvin's, not forgetting Mystarra's, as always, unique whimsy ;)  

Another great challenge!  - would be good to see some of the other forum stalwart's throwing in a few renders ;) 

Post edited by Headwax on
  • DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,079

In numerical order

entry #6, shlomi laszlo, category b, title: chinese elements - Really took the "elements" element of the theme in its most elementary direction, which I liked a lot.  Totally outside (my) box, in a great way.

Entry #13, Title: "Bruce The Wizard Lost in the Magic Forest (again).", Artist:  headwax :), Category:  A - Although I could have voted for all of HW's entries, the sphere distortion in this one really set it apart for me.  Great magical effect.

Entry #: 17, Title: Elements of War (You Sank My Battleship!), Artist: Mark D. Olsen (MDO2010), Category: B (used Ocean and Fire primitives).  This is how I always imagined playing battleship as a kid.  Magnificent!  I do have one (minor) complaint - one hit does not sink a ship!  

Congratulations to all the participants.  There were just too many entries that I still cannot believe that I did not have enough votes to voe for.  Special shout out to DesertDude for the 3D recreation of his younger self's 2D art.  

• DesertDudeDesertDude Posts: 1,234

Headwax
    B
    This looks like a Old Masters painting - incredible

MDO2010
    B
    This is a great concept, nice use of the primitives. I didn't even notice the wine glass until I read your despcription. I love it - a glass of wine always on the horizon...

Bunyip02
    B
    I like the bright back lighitng in this - nice job!

As usual, really tough voting. Once again the community demonstrated Carrara's great capabilities. Thanks for hosting Diomede!

• AlbertoAlberto Posts: 1,382

Entry #: 1
    Title: Free Willy

Entry #: 5
    Title: Carrara X 2019
    Artist: Misty

Entry #12
    Title: "Skeleton Rampage"
    Artist:  headwax 

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675

Entry #: 3 Title: Wild Seas Artist: Bunyip02 Category:    A

Entry #11 Title:  "The Adventures of Bruce the Wizard"  Artist:  headwax :) Category: B
    -love light and shadow techniques

Entry #14  itle: Hunters and Hunted in the Elements  Artist: Diomede (Ted Murphy) Category: A -
    -hairrrry

agonies over deciding only 3   loved the jiggy balloon  and the pretty horsie

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,224

Wow! Sorry I'm late to the party.

What an amazing gallery of awesome renders! I guess I'm kinda glad I'm late now. How does one decide? So many cool ideas and creations! I love seeing how much some of you have developed, honed, and/or otherwise changed how you render since before I fell off the edge of the Earth (don't do that - not only is it scary and dangerous, it's a hard climb to get back onto the surface!)

It's so cool browsing the contrasts between realism/surrealism/toon/painterly, Colorful or neutral or Noir, heavy saturation or realistically subdued, action vs still, scary vs happy vs content vs dramatic. Such cool ideas. Such wonderful expression.

Great job to everyone!

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,224

To any and all whom visit this contest, please enjoy, with my compliments, a spherical render of Starry Sky for Carrara.

It's not the best render in the whole, but add this to the Glow channel of an otherwise empty shader and apply it to a primitive sphere, and set the size to 120' or bigger - whatever you need for your scene.

For brighter stars, multiply this in the Glow channel by Value = 1-1000 and go above 100 however bright you want to make them.

Starry Sky Full.png
    6000 x 3000 - 289K

Voting is closed.  Thank you to everyone who participated, visited, or voted.  I was a little worried that the element multipass idea would flop.  Great job, one and all.

an announcement will be made when I get a chance to tally the votes.

edited February 2019

Headwax - Most votes all images combined

Alberto - Most votes, single image, category A, multipass

UnifiedBrain - Most votes, single image, Category B, fog/cloud/etc

Bunyip - Most votes all images combined having not won one of the above

Congratulations to the winners.  Salute to all the participants.  I will be sending a PM to the winners to finalize everything.  Please keep an eye out.

Post edited by Diomede on

To any and all whom visit this contest, please enjoy, with my compliments, a spherical render of Starry Sky for Carrara.

It's not the best render in the whole, but add this to the Glow channel of an otherwise empty shader and apply it to a primitive sphere, and set the size to 120' or bigger - whatever you need for your scene.

For brighter stars, multiply this in the Glow channel by Value = 1-1000 and go above 100 however bright you want to make them.

Thank you, Dart.   Much appreciated.  You are a great.

Headwax - Most votes all images combined

Alberto - Most votes, single image, category A, multipass

UnifiedBrain - Most votes, single image, Category B, fog/cloud/etc

Bunyip - Most votes all images combined having not won one of the above

Congratulations to the winners.  Salute to all the participants.  I will be sending a PM to the winners to finalize everything.  Please keep an eye out.

Congrats to Headwax, Alberto, UB as well as all of the participants, great work in there !!!

Many thanks to Diomede for running the show and also the sponsors !!!

@Bunyip02_Carrara, I need you to check your PM messages and reply.  Apologies if you already have, but even if you have, please do so again.  I got a forum message that you were replying but when I checked the PM list there wasn't any message.

@Bunyip02_Carrara, I need you to check your PM messages and reply.  Apologies if you already have, but even if you have, please do so again.  I got a forum message that you were replying but when I checked the PM list there wasn't any message.

Reply sent, thanks !!!

Thank you!

• Congrats to all the winners, and well done to everyone who entered or participated in the WIP thread!

Another great Challenge!

• HeadwaxHeadwax Posts: 9,924
    edited February 2019

Hubbubbah! Thanks so much! Another terrific challenge! Congrats to everyone who put something in. I have to admit learn so much from these challenges!

Being pushed to use parts of Carrara we would otherwise ignore really expands the boundaries of this amazing piece of software.

Thank you Diomede for another great hosting job. :) And to Daz once more from stepping up to the sponsors plate.

Thinking hat for the next challenge topic is now on...

Think, think, think...

Post edited by Headwax on
  • StezzaStezza Posts: 7,801

very goodest result... 

congrats all Rarra'ists yes

thanks @Diomede for your once again super effort at hosting... the host with the most smiley

• VyusurVyusur Posts: 2,235

Congrats to all winners!